Line Combos: Odd man out? Heinen, Bjork, Donato...

Who doesn't fit in top 9?

• Total voters

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Please just stop.

I have tried to be nice about this because I like Cehlarik, and think he has potential. However, why should there be an asterisk next to Heinen’s name because Cehlarik was hurt (again) and could only play in 35 AHL (not NHL games)??

Because you say so? So, Heinen should be marginalized because another prospect in the B’s system can’t stay healthy enough to make the NHL? Makes zero sense.

And the idea that DeBrusk “came on” as he adjusted to the speed of the game was false. He was more consistent than Heinen, but this theory that he lit it up in the 2nd half is not accurate, regardless of what your eyes were telling you.

He had 24 pts in the first 40 games (.60ppg)

He had 19 pts in the last 30 games (.63ppg)

Almost identical.

Listen...you really need to stop belittling people for having "man crushes" on other players given your last 5 or so Heinen posts. You are defending him (and taking offense) as if he is your firstborn.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Umm...I didn't "single Heinen out". I simply gave my opinion on him as an individual, since he was mentioned in this poll and by other posters. I could just as easily talk about Bjork and/or Donato. I voted for Bjork in the poll.

You desperately want to have a debate over this, and I see at as highly unnecessary. We are basically in agreement when you look at the roots of each of our posts.

And yes, Jake DeBrusk is not in the poll because he showed a lot during the playoffs. And more consistency as you acknowledged. Right there is perhaps the reason why the OP did not include him in the poll.

It's clear that you are high on Heinen and I respect that. But it feels like every post of yours is an attempt to cast me as a non-believer in young players which I am not. Simply want to see at least another year of DH before saying he should be a definitive part of the long-term core.

Honestly, I don’t remember the last time I replied to one of your posts before this, so you are obviously thinking more about this than I am. I didn’t even know there was a “thing” between us? :laugh:

As far as Heinen and this poll, there is no debate. Based on the stats, this poll should either include DeBrusk...or not include Heinen and include Cehlarik and maybe Fitzgerald.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Honestly, I don’t remember the last time I replied to one of your posts before this, so you are obviously thinking more about this than I am. I didn’t even know there was a “thing” between us? :laugh:

As far as Heinen and this poll, there is no debate. Based on the stats, this poll should either include DeBrusk...or not include Heinen and include Cehlarik and maybe Fitzgerald.

I am pretty sure the poll is intended to be "out of these three, who is the odd man out?" not "who is the worst rookie we have?" which is how you seem to perceive it.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Listen...you really need to stop belittling people for having "man crushes" on other players given your last 5 or so Heinen posts. You are defending him (and taking offense) as if he is your firstborn.

Dude, is this your first time on HF this year? I have gone out of my way to admit on many, many occasions that I have a man crush on Heinen.

The difference is that my man crush was 9th in the NHL in rookie scoring and BF’s man crush, who he continually puts in a category with guys like DeBrusk and Heinen, played 35 AHL games last year.

Try to keep up.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I am pretty sure the poll is intended to be "out of these three, who is the odd man out?" not "who is the worst rookie we have?" which is how you seem to perceive it.

No, that’s not it at all.

I look at Heinen and DeBrusk as guys who have moved beyond prospect status, while players like Donato, Bjork, Cehlarik, and others have not yet established themselves.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Dude, is this your first time on HF this year? I have gone out of my way to admit on many, many occasions that I have a man crush on Heinen.

The difference is that my man crush was 9th in the NHL in rookie scoring and BF’s man crush, who he continually puts in a category with guys like DeBrusk and Heinen, played 35 AHL games last year.

Try to keep up.

While I have been posting on HF, I have not been paying attention to individual posters' "man crushes" so please excuse my ignorance.

I could maybe see your level of "outrage" if Heinen was losing the poll, but he has a measly 9 votes.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
No, that’s not it at all.

I look at Heinen and DeBrusk as guys who have moved beyond prospect status, while players like Donato, Bjork, Cehlarik, and others have not yet established themselves.

....therefore, it should make sense to you that Heinen has so few votes. I would also think it would possibly make sense to you he is tied with Donato given the way he jumped onto the scene at the end of the year.

We are going to have plenty of time to watch all of these players this season. I would suggest we come back to this topic around February when it's perhaps beyond mindless bickering.

Reactions: Ratty

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
....therefore, it should make sense to you that Heinen has so few votes. I would also think it would possibly make sense to you he is tied with Donato given the way he jumped onto the scene at the end of the year.

We are going to have plenty of time to watch all of these players this season. I would suggest we come back to this topic around February when it's perhaps beyond mindless bickering.

I think it's kind of comical that Heinen has the 2nd most votes for this poll....Or is tied with Donato because there is one vote on Heinen that was made as nothing more than a troll vote. I would like to know why people voted Heinen when there are better choices listed and not listed.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I think it's kind of comical that Heinen has the 2nd most votes for this poll....Or is tied with Donato because there is one vote on Heinen that was made as nothing more than a troll vote. I would like to know why people voted Heinen when there are better choices listed and not listed.

Is this your thing for the summer? Hunting down every individual who dares not give a glowing review of Danton Heinen?

And how are people supposed to select something on the poll that is not listed? As I said a few posts ago, you're thinking of this poll as "who is our worst young NHL player?" not "out of these three promising players, who do you leave out?" It's an overly negative and biased (you've already admitted this yourself) angle from which you're viewing the question.

He's also tied with Donato (if the 'troll' vote you say is accurate), not Bjork.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Heinen isn’t a rookie anymore haha. This is the problem. He had a poor end of the year and playoffs so now he’s lumped back in with actual unproven rookies. Let’s be honest, you want cehlarik to come in and outperform Heinen because he’s your prospect crush lol

Lol. That’s it all Cehlarik. I have a crush on him because I’ve watched a few times and he’s really impressed. He’s had bad luck. I want the best players playing and at this time 2 spots are open on 2nd line for rookies vets new comers. I can’t wait for camp. It’s going to be interesting. None of us know with certainty if the 2nd line will be Debrusk Heinen other?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Is this your thing for the summer? Hunting down every individual who dares not give a glowing review of Danton Heinen?

Not really. I just find it mind boggling some of the takes on Heinen this summer, and I respond to them. That's usually how it goes on a message board.

And how are people supposed to select something on the poll that is not listed? As I said a few posts ago, you're thinking of this poll as "who is our worst young NHL player?" not "out of these three promising players, who do you leave out?" It's an overly negative and biased (you've already admitted this yourself) angle from which you're viewing the question.

Well, there should be "Other" category for the poll. I'm not thinking that at all. I'm reading the title of the thread, "Who doesn't fit in the Top 9" and seeing the 3 names provided. I don't get why Heinen is even an option. How doesn't a 47 point rookie not fit in the Top 9? What does it mean when someone votes for him? There's only 8 people (I'm making a ruling, Brent Hughes vote doesn't count. He's a troll and his flip flop on Heinen throughout the season was on embarrassing levels) who voted for him, and I'd really like to know why. Do they think he's traded? Do they think he's going to be sent to the 4th line? Sent down to the AHL (is he even waiver eligible anymore?)

He's also tied with Donato (if the 'troll' vote you say is accurate), not Bjork.

I put Donato.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lol. That’s it all Cehlarik. I have a crush on him because I’ve watched a few times and he’s really impressed. He’s had bad luck. I want the best players playing and at this time 2 spots are open on 2nd line for rookies vets new comers. I can’t wait for camp. It’s going to be interesting. None of us know with certainty if the 2nd line will be Debrusk Heinen other?

You call it "bad luck" and I call it durability issues. Since coming over, he's had to deal with injuries. I can't say I'm well read on how he was over seas with durability, but since coming over, he has not been able to stay healthy.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Not really. I just find it mind boggling some of the takes on Heinen this summer, and I respond to them. That's usually how it goes on a message board.

Well, there should be "Other" category for the poll. I'm not thinking that at all. I'm reading the title of the thread, "Who doesn't fit in the Top 9" and seeing the 3 names provided. I don't get why Heinen is even an option. How doesn't a 47 point rookie not fit in the Top 9? What does it mean when someone votes for him? There's only 8 people (I'm making a ruling, Brent Hughes vote doesn't count. He's a troll and his flip flop on Heinen throughout the season was on embarrassing levels) who voted for him, and I'd really like to know why. Do they think he's traded? Do they think he's going to be sent to the 4th line? Sent down to the AHL (is he even waiver eligible anymore?)

I put Donato.

LOL...oh yeah, my take on Heinen was OUTRAGEOUS I tell you.

Given how you've mentioned your own "man crush" on Heinen, and the conversation you've been having with me here, I don't see the point of you having the same back and forth with anyone else. I didn't even vote for the guy, yet you're chastising me on daring to not pencil him into a top role long term. Lord knows what your "conversation" will look like with someone who actually did vote Heinen.

It's pretty obvious you are hanging around this thread to pick a fight. So with that, I'm finished for now with this one.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Given how you've mentioned your own "man crush" on Heinen, and the conversation you've been having with me here, I don't see the point of you having the same back and forth with anyone else.

Where did I ever mention a man crush for Heinen? I'd say my Bruins 'man crush' list is short; Marchand and Krug. I said on the last page that I actually prefer DeBrusk out of all the young players we have.

I didn't even vote for the guy, yet you're chastising me on daring to not pencil him into a top role long term. Lord knows what your "conversation" will look like with someone who actually did vote Heinen.

Chastising you? You made a comment and I responded?

It's pretty obvious you are hanging around this thread to pick a fight. So with that, I'm finished for now with this one.

I'm in this thread to discuss the topic. Not here to pick fights. But alright, more power to you!

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Please just stop.

I have tried to be nice about this because I like Cehlarik, and think he has potential. However, why should there be an asterisk next to Heinen’s name because Cehlarik was hurt (again) and could only play in 35 AHL (not NHL games)??

Because you say so? So, Heinen should be marginalized because another prospect in the B’s system can’t stay healthy enough to make the NHL? Makes zero sense.

And the idea that DeBrusk “came on” as he adjusted to the speed of the game was false. He was more consistent than Heinen, but this theory that he lit it up in the 2nd half is not accurate, regardless of what your eyes were telling you.

Almost identical.[/
Please just stop.

Almost identical.

I’ve been consistent. I don’t think there’s a guarantee for anyone not named pasta Bergeron Marchand and Krejci to be slotted in top 6. This thread poll states 3 players as odd man out. I completely disagree with the Three. It’s definitely more than 3. It all depends who comes in prepared impresses connects with Krejci and stays healthy.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
That's not completely true.
Bjork came out of the gates and played really well for his first 15 games or so but then for the next 15 he wasn't playing good. Before he got hurt it looked like he should have/would be sent down for a bit more AHL time. For a long handful of games before he got hurt Heinen was the obviously better forward.

- not to say that will follow through or anything as I have no idea how these kids will progress nor which is the better player right now... but it's revisionist to suggest Bjork wasn't struggling before he got injured.
I'm talking about the 1st time he got hurt by Martin. That was his 16th game. At that point he had 3 goals and 6 assists in his first 15 games.

Reactions: b in vancouver

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I think what some people are saying (and you appear to be ignoring) is that Heinen should not even be placed in the category of “promising” players with the other two because he has done more in his young NHL career to separate himself from that category.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
good thing Backes is only in pencil, but you can use a Sharpie on the white board for Bergeron, Marchand, Rask. I can see reasons any of the rest may shuffle, but Krejci, Chara, McAvoy are probably not sliding around on the lines chart unless injuries demand it.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
It was really obvious Heinen was way ahead of Bjork last yr but I just have this feeling Bjork has a pretty high ceiling . There is no way I want him traded and I think he will turn out very good long term.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It was really obvious Heinen was way ahead of Bjork last yr but I just have this feeling Bjork has a pretty high ceiling . There is no way I want him traded and I think he will turn out very good long term.

I don`t want him traded either however, if there`s a deal out there at some point which clearly establishes the B`s as being stronger with the acquisition, I don`t take Bjork off the table either and I say that as a fan who really, really is excited about this kid.

Heinen`s game is just different, far more balanced in 3 zones, one of those players I think coaches love, quietly go about their business and are one`s a coach can often trust in almost any scenario. I think Bjork is one of those kids who , in time, could be a game breaker. Both have work to do on their games, for full transparency, I`m an unapologetic Heinen fan boy but one who can recognize some areas I hope to see him improve upon moving forward

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I don`t want him traded either however, if there`s a deal out there at some point which clearly establishes the B`s as being stronger with the acquisition, I don`t take Bjork off the table either and I say that as a fan who really, really is excited about this kid.

Heinen`s game is just different, far more balanced in 3 zones, one of those players I think coaches love, quietly go about their business and are one`s a coach can often trust in almost any scenario. I think Bjork is one of those kids who , in time, could be a game breaker. Both have work to do on their games, for full transparency, I`m an unapologetic Heinen fan boy but one who can recognize some areas I hope to see him improve upon moving forward

Sounds like PJ Axelson. 2nd line ish bit better suited for 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad