Post-Game Talk: October 2, 2013| vs. Toronto. Johnny B. GOODe; BAD to the Bone; UGLY Truth

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Went to the game. The best part was when one of the Toronto coaches tossed a puck over the boards to fan, only to have the fan toss the puck back onto the ice DURING PLAY after some egging-on from fans in front of me.

Ok that makes sense, I remember seeing a second puck at center ice while the Flyers were in the Leafs zone. I saw the linesmen scramble to get it I wasn't sure if he dropped his spare or what but it was weird at the time.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
I personally like Mason, i think he'll be good for us. But i'm ready to package Mez and Couts and hope for a decent defenceman in return and slot in Laughts in Couts' spot.
I'm willing to give Lavi a bit more time here and hope for the best.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Mez really looks like he has lost a step - even from last year.
Read - This guy can fire the puck from anywhere and get a shot on net.
I like the parity between some of the lines...the top two defense pairings look so similar and it allows them to basically not skip a beat when they are up...i think thats a big reason why the first period looked so great is that they have parity and consistancy amongs not only the top two defensive pairings but also the top two offensive lines. Simmonds/Hartnell Giroux/Vinny Schenn/Read.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Went to the game. The best part was when one of the Toronto coaches tossed a puck over the boards to fan, only to have the fan toss the puck back onto the ice DURING PLAY after some egging-on from fans in front of me.

Lol. That is classic. A taste of Wrigley Field at a Flyers game. Would have been more appropriate against the Blackhawks, maybe?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Nobody is blaming Mason guy, we all just wish Holmgren pulled trigger on the clear better goalie, Bernier.

As much of a ****** loss this game was, everybody needs to relax. This game was NOTHING like the games we saw last year. We moved the puck GREAT at 5 on 5, something that obviously didnt happen last year. We ran into a hot goalie, it's the first game of the season. This team is clearly better than he team last year, and if you remember the power play that everybody on here thought was so elite last year, started out ****ing awful through the first 5-6 games. Everybody relax, this game showed good things to come.

Bernier has played like 50 games. There is nothing clear about his career yet.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If Couturier is expected to help carry the 3rd line, he needs to get his **** together.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Nobody is blaming Mason guy, we all just wish Holmgren pulled trigger on the clear better goalie, Bernier.

As much of a ****** loss this game was, everybody needs to relax. This game was NOTHING like the games we saw last year. We moved the puck GREAT at 5 on 5, something that obviously didnt happen last year. We ran into a hot goalie, it's the first game of the season. This team is clearly better than he team last year, and if you remember the power play that everybody on here thought was so elite last year, started out ****ing awful through the first 5-6 games. Everybody relax, this game showed good things to come.

Disagree with you there. It was different for 20 some minutes till Carlile channeled Deboer and clamped the neutral zone. Lavi had no answer to that, except "stay the course". It is on coach to see the big picture and adjust tactical approaches.

SchennSational1022*

If Couturier is expected to help carry the 3rd line, he needs to get his **** together.

Get his **** together? Hes not put in any position to exceed. He plays with ****ing terrible linemates. Talbot was a joke last night, and he gets no power play time. Laviolette is ruining him right before our eyes. He is the best prospect weve had coming out of junior in a long long time and hes just being ****ing ruined. A lot of the things you guys complain abou Lavy is jut redundant ********, but this is the most troubling thing IMO.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Get his **** together? Hes not put in any position to exceed. He plays with ****ing terrible linemates. Talbot was a joke last night, and he gets no power play time. Laviolette is ruining him right before our eyes. He is the best prospect weve had coming out of junior in a long long time and hes just being ****ing ruined. A lot of the things you guys complain abou Lavy is jut redundant ********, but this is the most troubling thing IMO.

At what point are people going to start putting some blame on Couturier too?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

He had Voracek for a chunk of the night and that line was invisible.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

This is the single biggest reason why Lavy should be on the way out. He's is literally destroying Couturier's potential with each passing day. Couturier at his peak would be the second best player on the roster, without a doubt. At this rate, Lavy is going to turn him into Manny Malholtra.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

And this, can the kid not do anything on his own? Does he needs top flight wingers on both end just so he can create some scoring chances? The guy was drafted #8 overall. The expect him to create the plays, not wait around for a talented winger.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Holy hell, get Talbot off the 3rd line.

Hartnell had a good game, he screwed up on some golden opportunities though.

Giroux I thought was very good, but like last season he seems to be trying to force too much on his own and turns over the puck a lot. He needs someone who can actually do something with the puck on his line.

B Schenn.. I don't know what to think. Looked a lot like last season with a few flashes of great play and then invisible the rest. He's still got less than a full season in the NHL, I hope it's just an adjustment period to LW.

Vinny looked phenomenal, best player on the ice IMO.

Streit looked good, but a little shaky in his own end.

Timonen is still looking old, all these penalties he's been taking because he's slowing down are starting to hurt us.

Couts and Luke were both unimpressive and had a few bad mistakes.

I think we might expect too much out of Simmonds.

Last, I thought Mason looked good other than those weird bounces he had trouble with. Could use better rebound control, but definitely an improvement on Bryz so far. Love the puck handling aspect of his game.

SchennSational1022*

When he starts getting some real linemates. Its pretty hard to get some offense going with anchors like Talbot, Rinaldo, Rosehill, Hall and all the other deadbeats hes played with these past 2 years.

Voracek was simply awful last night, hes still banged up. Dont use him as an excuse for Couturiers linemates. That was one game, and an awful one.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
He had Voracek for a chunk of the night and that line was invisible.

Voracek was on Couturier's line to start the game. After the Schenn fight, Voracek moved up while Schenn was in the box and he spent limited time with Couturier after that. Couturier played a lot with Rinaldo and Talbot. That's a flat out joke.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
And this, can the kid not do anything on his own? Does he needs top flight wingers on both end just so he can create some scoring chances? The guy was drafted #8 overall. The expect him to create the plays, not wait around for a talented winger.

With Rinaldo and Talbot, Couturier is essentially playing 1 on 3 in the offensive zone. Even the greats would struggle under those circumstances.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
This is the single biggest reason why Lavy should be on the way out. He's is literally destroying Couturier's potential with each passing day. Couturier at his peak would be the second best player on the roster, without a doubt. At this rate, Lavy is going to turn him into Manny Malholtra.

wow....

SchennSational1022*

Hes 20 freaking years old. You usually ease guys like this into the lineup with experienced offensive players. Not ****ing Talbot and Rinaldo. Couturier should be playing with guys like Read and Hartnell, or a healthy Voracek to get him going. Hes literally had nobody to play with. 4th line again last night. I want to see him and Schenn together. Imagine a line of Schenn Couturier Voracek for a few games next week? It would jump start both Schenn and Coots. Its not like they were past superstars in the NHL, its always an adjustment period. Not many rookies will come into the league and light it up with the dog **** linemates Couturiers been given.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad