GDT: October 16th Leafs at Caps 7:00pm on SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Id like to see Timashov - Gauthier - Spezza once as the 4th line. I haven't been a fan of Petan, so I'm hoping they give spezza a fair chance.

Theres been no mixing to see what works, its either group A) Shore-timashov or B) Spezza-Petan.

Reactions: Apotheosis

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
I don't think it happened last year.
Be interesting to see the stat for that league wide.

Link to all the scores, toronto maple leafs 2018 scores - Google Search

I don't see even one win.
Beat Buffalo 4-2 on March 20 after losing to Nashville 2-0 the night before, beat Pittsburgh 3-2 on February 2 after losing to Detroit 3-2 (ot) the night before, beat Detroit 5-4 (ot) on December 23 after beating Rangers the night before, beat Flyers 6-0 on November 24 after losing to Columbus the night before, beat the Duck 2-1 (ot) on December 16 after beating the Sharks the night before, beat Chicago 7-6 (ot) on October 7 after losing to the Sens the night before. We were 6 for 13 in the second half of the back to backs last year.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Beat Buffalo 4-2 on March 20 after losing to Nashville 2-0 the night before, beat Pittsburgh 3-2 on February 2 after losing to Detroit 3-2 (ot) the night before, beat Detroit 5-4 (ot) on December 23 after beating Rangers the night before, beat Flyers 6-0 on November 24 after losing to Columbus the night before, beat the Duck 2-1 (ot) on December 16 after beating the Sharks the night before, beat Chicago 7-6 (ot) on October 7 after losing to the Sens the night before. We were 6 for 13 in the second half of the back to backs last year.
Thanks, think I was looking at the prior year.

BlueandWhite72

Sep 4, 2010
I think Caps will be flying after their last game, so brace for impact. We should win as long as our top lines perform to their expectations and our backup is average.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I think Caps will be flying after their last game, so brace for impact. We should win as long as our top lines perform to their expectations and our backup is average.
Can't see them having any chance if the bolded holds true.

Reactions: Ciao

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
I think Moore will stay on the Tavares line until Hyman is back with a few games under his belt

For some reason, I see Mikyehev (sp? No idea???) making his way on to that top Line and Hyman put on the 3rd line with Kerfoot-Kappy making a crazy 3rd line

Mikey-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Kerfoot-Kappy

Love Moore but I see Mikey getting promoted as he just looks to be one hell of a complete player.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
For some reason, I see Mikyehev (sp? No idea???) making his way on to that top Line and Hyman put on the 3rd line with Kerfoot-Kappy making a crazy 3rd line

Mikey-Tavares-Marner
Hyman-Kerfoot-Kappy

Love Moore but I see Mikey getting promoted as he just looks to be one hell of a complete player.

Doubt it. They probably want to get Miky for peanuts and term. Tossing him on that line doesn't do it. Neither does keeping Moore on a top 6 line. When Kappy gets going they will put him back

Reactions: Leafsman

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Mikey-Tavares-Marner
Hyman-Kerfoot-Kappy

Can't see them giving Mikheyev that opportunity until he's re-signed.

Reactions: Rielly Good

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
We may have won the last 2 games but in no way was he solid

2-0, 1.10 GSAA, .929 save%

He was solid. I didnt say spectacular. Had some puck handling issues and didnt like a couple of goals but dont make the perfect the enemy of the good here. He made a few really tough saves as well the last couple games. Much like other Octobers, he's taking a bit to warm up but once they start working him hard, he'll be fine.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
If our guns show up it should be a good one. Keep your heads up boys.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
2-0, 1.10 GSAA, .929 save%

He was solid. I didnt say spectacular. Had some puck handling issues and didnt like a couple of goals but dont make the perfect the enemy of the good here. He made a few really tough saves as well the last couple games. Much like other Octobers, he's taking a bit to warm up but once they start working him hard, he'll be fine.

not making perfect the enemy.
I just consider a solid performance higher than an adequate one.

He lets a bad goal in early in the game and lets in an even worse goal late in the game.
Thankfully Minnesota couldn't capitalize on his "solid" play.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
not making perfect the enemy.
I just consider a solid performance higher than an adequate one.

He lets a bad goal in early in the game and lets in an even worse goal late in the game.
Thankfully Minnesota couldn't capitalize on his "solid" play.

Why you hating? Just let the guys play at least 20 games before we assess too harshly.

IMO Andy has not been solid yet. But again, just give it time, it’s a new season, anything can happen.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Why you hating? Just let the guys play at least 20 games before we assess too harshly.

IMO Andy has not been solid yet. But again, just give it time, it’s a new season, anything can happen.

not hating.
just I don't consider his performance as solid.

Don't confuse disagreement with hate.

What are the reasons as to why you think Andy hasn't been solid yet?

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
not hating.
just I don't consider his performance as solid.

Don't confuse disagreement with hate.

What are the reasons as to why you think Andy hasn't been solid yet?

I’m agreeing with you

Andy is our best option by far and no one else is coming in to miraculously “save the day”

edit: he is a good puck handler but has been horrendous this season, that’s mainly why he hasn’t been solid imo. And I just think he’s not battling hard enough for vision.

Last edited by a moderator:

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
my biggest concern is who is going to protect us against Wilson tonight? We saw Sandin needing to be protected after that brutal hit against St. Louis (Babcock said he needed to be taken out and protected). Was that a “shot across the bow” to have more sandpaper in the lineup, a challenge to Dubas blueprint of nothing but speed and skill?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad