GDT: Oct. 24th - Flames @ Stars - 6:30mt - Snet Cgy

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
First stinker of the year, I'm not gonna get to low or high over it. It won't be the last either but hopefully they're few and far between.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
First stinker of the year, I'm not gonna get to low or high over it. It won't be the last either but hopefully they're few and far between.

Word. I didn't watch it but everything I've heard and read, sounds like there weren't many positives.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Someone want to give their summary thoughts on this game? I kind of don't mind having missed a 5-1 loss, but on the other hand I hate not having all the information.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Someone want to give their summary thoughts on this game? I kind of don't mind having missed a 5-1 loss, but on the other hand I hate not having all the information.

OmDveM7.gif

okR6qha.gif

MonahanTHEMoneyMan

Mar 21, 2012
Calgary
I know this team can't keep the pace it has kept up to now. But I will keep cheering this team forever. As for our defense well my words can't express enough sorrow for that. And Glenny... I am not sure what his mindset is telling him but he is not the same player... Its almost like he just doesn't care(Almost). I get the feeling that more needs to be done before we buy into this mentality of win first and think personal achievements later. I know Glenny is an awesome player but I just get the feeling that he is not on board with this rebuild, or the way this team is run. Wideman while he is a great PP QB, I don't think that is what we need. Although I don't see him being traded. What this team needs is another Giordano, or if we can find one like Scott Stevens(without some of the hits) to lead this team it would be awesome.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Yup well they say the 10 game mark is the first good sample size for a team. I think losing Gio shows how bad we really are on the back end. I'm expecting a trade right away.

I freeking hope not. We need to rebuild, not patch our issues. I'm still upset about Urbom. Breen is uber slow so he looks out of place. I honestly believe SOB would make a good forward, but he's a lousy defenseman. Butler is too soft for being that lousy.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
From what I can tell, Karri wasn't really responsible for the first three goals, but the fourth one was probably pretty deflating for the team. Looked like Wideman had a shockingly bad game, and the reunited GSS line was strong early. Looked like Monahan had a few good chances, too.

Would any of that be accurate?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Guys before we start saying let's trade away everyone, let's keep in mind we're gonna have rough patches. Wideman is not a defensive stud, but at times he's been very impressive this early season. Trading him would leave our D in shambles. Also the effect of not having Gio has been massive and Brodie has had a rough stretch. But I am worried about Glencross, if his head isn't in being part of a rebuild then we should look moving him for some quality assets. His play thus far has indicated he may not want to be here. But we should all take this with a grain of salt, but maybe we move him and keep Stemps?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Guys before we start saying let's trade away everyone, let's keep in mind we're gonna have rough patches. Wideman is not a defensive stud, but at times he's been very impressive this early season. Trading him would leave our D in shambles. Also the effect of not having Gio has been massive and Brodie has had a rough stretch. But I am worried about Glencross, if his head isn't in being part of a rebuild then we should look moving him for some quality assets. His play thus far has indicated he may not want to be here. But we should all take this with a grain of salt, but maybe we move him and keep Stemps?

Are people panicking and saying let's trade everyone away?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Are people panicking and saying let's trade everyone away?

I always get the sense on here that after a win playoffs are brought up by some, and after a loss (a bad one especially) that the sky is falling.

This team as it stands right now lacks high end talent, so some nights we will be outright beat. We just need to keep things in perspective. There's lots to be excited about but let's play our cards and see where everything falls. These are real people so not everyone can just be moved. But there needs to be a constant evaluation and the appropriate moves should be made at the right time so things are being done that are best for the present and future.

Tonight was a bad loss, but I just think everything that needs to be viewed at a broader spectrum. We probably won't know what we truly have here for at least 2 more months.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

Glencross continued to be terrible. Also the team is dressing four bottom pairing defencemen.

Le Messie

Jul 8, 2009
Even if you had the best goalie in the world right now, he couldn't make up for your defense.

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
Geeze this is like reading the Oilers forum at the beginning of the last few seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad