Observations XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
R Suter quoted as being blindsided by his buyout today. Karma. Aint it somethin?
Utter BS on his part. Lucic and Erik Johnson were asked to waive their NMCs. They did, knowing they wouldn't get taken, but instead would keep their contracts and keep playing for their teams.

Undoubtedly Parise and Suter were asked to do the same. They said, nah we're good thanks. Well, you're not so good after all, apparently. :nod:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
From what I've read they weren't asked. That said I think that was the case because the GM already knew the answer and didn't need too.

Seeing some say this was more about Guerin getting rid of the "country club" atmosphere than anything else

Reactions: bdub24

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Seeing some say this was more about Guerin getting rid of the "country club" atmosphere than anything else
Well apparently both had grown to big for their britches from the sounds of it and thought they had more say in things than they really should have. I got the feeling he decided they have to go one way or another.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think Suter will want to be in the US because of the Covid mess so wouldn't shock me if he tries for Tampa or Colorado or someone else he thinks might be a contender.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I think Suter will want to be in the US because of the Covid mess so wouldn't shock me if he tries for Tampa or Colorado or someone else he thinks might be a contender.

Yeah as much as we may enjoy the Schadenfreude its gonna suck if Colorado gets a 1D talent for a 6D cap hit. And I could see him doing like Selanne for sure

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
divisions don't matter when going for the cup.

But it would suck much more for US if a division foe picked up a good player with minimal cap consequences. I could give a rip if he went to Boston, only time that would be an issue would be in the Cup finals....

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
But it would suck much more for US if a division foe picked up a good player with minimal cap consequences. I could give a rip if he went to Boston, only time that would be an issue would be in the Cup finals....

He would fit a need for Toronto. Also there is a chance he takes less.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Didn't he sign with Minnesota originally largely because his wife wanted the closer proximity to her family in Wisconsin, or something like that? In that vein I'd think he signs with Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Columbus, or... (LOL) us. Doubt their priorities have changed that much since then.

Also a big LOL for Loliarpold and his $200M and NMCs. Atta boy Craig!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Didn't he sign with Minnesota originally largely because his wife wanted the closer proximity to her family in Wisconsin, or something like that? In that vein I'd think he signs with Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Columbus, or... (LOL) us. Doubt their priorities have changed that much since then.

Also a big LOL for Loliarpold and his $200M and NMCs. Atta boy Craig!
And absolutely nothing of substance to show for it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I hope Guerin gave $uter repeated assurances that he intended to not buy him out before doing so. And I have a mental image of Poile reading the newspaper at the breakfast table, seeing the buyout news and getting that goofy 11 year old grin on his face.
I'm sure Poile enjoyed hearing that Suter had absolutely no clue it was coming. Part of me thinks he is probably also enjoying the fact that Liarplod is paying for the mess too.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
So Suter is “bought out”. Just a better than average Dman that got caught up in the long term deals that kinda began with Shea. Difference was Shea was a Superstar and Suter just covered for him. Preds never really missed him and the Wild never really got what they thought they bought. He’ll land somewhere to play out his semi-retirement years and then go to his farm. Only loser in this was Leipold who frankly is a born loser whose hockey sense remains nil. Just some new news on an old story. Bye Ryan; Bye Craig.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
So Suter is “bought out”. Just a better than average Dman that got caught up in the long term deals that kinda began with Shea. Difference was Shea was a Superstar and Suter just covered for him. Preds never really missed him and the Wild never really got what they thought they bought. He’ll land somewhere to play out his semi-retirement years and then go to his farm. Only loser in this was Leipold who frankly is a born loser whose hockey sense remains nil. Just some new news on an old story. Bye Ryan; Bye Craig.

Didn’t Suter sign his 8 year before Shea?

And let’s not kid ourselves. Suter was really good. We definitely missed him.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Yeah Suter was a top 10 defenseman for his first 5 years in Minnesota and then a solid top pair guy for a few more after that. Even now he’s still not a bad player. I get not liking him because of how he left but he gave Minnesota their moneys worth for many years.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Didn’t Suter sign his 8 year before Shea?

Suter signed a 13 year deal on July 4
Weber shows as signed his 14 year deal on July 24 but I'm not sure if that's when he signed Philly's offer sheet or when we matched. Either way, Suter signed first.

Reactions: LCPreds

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Suter signed a 13 year deal on July 4
Weber shows as signed his 14 year deal on July 24 but I'm not sure if that's when he signed Philly's offer sheet or when we matched. Either way, Suter signed first.

I believe Philly gave the offer sheet on the 19th, only reason I know is because that's my birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad