Observations XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I will give Poile credit for trying to retool on the fly. Fans are fickle and want to see at least a playoff caliber team. Not sure we have that, but I am hopefully we can at least be competitive. And there is the potential for Weber’s recapture to bite us.

I would also like to see some retooling in the FO and customer service. Get back to basics, stop trying to make everything a Vegas style production, the city of Las Vegas has that covered. And please get rid of “Glorious”! That song is done and needs to be gone!

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
I will give Poile credit for trying to retool on the fly. Fans are fickle and want to see at least a playoff caliber team. Not sure we have that, but I am hopefully we can at least be competitive. And there is the potential for Weber’s recapture to bite us.

I would also like to see some retooling in the FO and customer service. Get back to basics, stop trying to make everything a Vegas style production, the city of Las Vegas has that covered. And please get rid of “Glorious”! That song is done and needs to be gone!

Trade Glorious for future considerations

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
This should be a fun year to watch. I tend to think we will be competitive in most of our games with all the youngsters coming up and we have a couple new guys to add to the mix.

Reactions: triggrman

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
This should be a fun year to watch. I tend to think we will be competitive in most of our games with all the youngsters coming up and we have a couple new guys to add to the mix.
I'm interested to see if Poile's done or whether there are even more moves in the works. If we make a deal to have Duchene or Johansen picked then I think there's a bit more to come via trade of free agency.

Jul 12, 2007
This. Throw in Glass and Myers with the kids from last year, add Tomasino, good core of Josi, Eckholm, Saros, Forsberg, Maybe Granlund. Hopefully 3 of the 4 ROAD guys gone. Could be more fun than last year.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
I am curious about who will backup Saros.

Kasimir Kaskisuo?

Connor Ingram's contract runs through 2022-23.
Kaskisuo signed in Sweden. He is already posting videos from overseas. His hope is to prove himself there and work his way back to the NHL.

I think the Preds will be signing a veteran FA goalie to backup on a one year deal. Original plan was clearly to have Ingram be the starter in Milwaukee last year, but things don’t always work to plan.

Reactions: adsfan

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I am curious about who will backup Saros.

Kasimir Kaskisuo?

Connor Ingram's contract runs through 2022-23.

I'd say it's a safe bet we'll be signing a backup. Should be lots of options available.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I posted my lines on another thread, figured I'd move it here.

I left all Kunin and Cousins earlier.

Forsberg-Joey-Duchene
Tolvanen-Granlund-Tomasino
Jeanot-Glass-Kunin
Trenin-Sissons-Cousins

I'm not a big Cousins or Grimaldi guy, would prefer another young guy over either.

Josi-Fabbro
Ekholm-Carrier
Harpur-Myers

Our biggest defensive grouping ever.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

Forsberg-Joey-Duchene
Jeanot-Glass-Kunin
Trenin-Sissons-Cousins

I'm not a big Cousins or Grimaldi guy, would prefer another young guy over either.

Josi-Fabbro
Ekholm-Carrier
Harpur-Myers

Heavy rumors that we're close to re-signing Haula too. Without the Taxi Squad next year, there's still an apparent log jam at forward despite losing Arvidsson and Jarnkrok. You have to believe that at least Grimaldi is waived and Trenin becomes the 13th forward, rotating with Cousins (why did we sign him to 2 years instead of Haula?). Olivier unfortunately is probably in the AHL.

Of course with Poile, I wouldn't be surprised to see Glass and Tomasino start in the AHL either just until something gives on the NHL roster with waiver/trade/injury. Even though he admitted to leaving the kids down too long last year, I'm not sure he just flips a switch after 40 years of GMing and starts filling the roster with kids at the expense of losing even fringe NHL talent for nothing.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
One common denominator for the three vets we've moved on - they tend to get bullied on the ice, especially in the playoffs. It's not "blowing it up", but we are clearly heading in a different direction as a team.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
One common denominator for the three vets we've moved on - they tend to get bullied on the ice, especially in the playoffs. It's not "blowing it up", but we are clearly heading in a different direction as a team.
Arvidsson fall down a lot
Jarnkrok disappears
Ellis gets ragdolled

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Heavy rumors that we're close to re-signing Haula too. Without the Taxi Squad next year, there's still an apparent log jam at forward despite losing Arvidsson and Jarnkrok. You have to believe that at least Grimaldi is waived and Trenin becomes the 13th forward, rotating with Cousins (why did we sign him to 2 years instead of Haula?). Olivier unfortunately is probably in the AHL.

Of course with Poile, I wouldn't be surprised to see Glass and Tomasino start in the AHL either just until something gives on the NHL roster with waiver/trade/injury. Even though he admitted to leaving the kids down too long last year, I'm not sure he just flips a switch after 40 years of GMing and starts filling the roster with kids at the expense of losing even fringe NHL talent for nothing.
If we sign Haula I don’t want to sign Granlund. One or the other not both. I think it’s time for Novak, pitlick, glass, and tomasino to get serious looks and Tolvanen be a full time player

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville

You and Voldy need to quit with this talk about Poile signing "veterans" and sitting the youngsters, you're making me queasy.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
This is like going through your toy box and throwing away the stuff that's broken or youve outgrown it. Except someone gives you new toys for your old crap. And then your cousin who just moved in comes in and takes one of your favorite toys because your momma said he didnt have any

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
You and Voldy need to quit with this talk about Poile signing "veterans" and sitting the youngsters, you're making me queasy.

Poiles gonna Poile. Now if the only vets he signs are Granlund and Haula I wont be too upset.

That said, you gotta wonder where Pitlick fits into the plan.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN

Forsberg-Joey-Duchene
Jeanot-Glass-Kunin
Trenin-Sissons-Cousins

Josi-Fabbro
Ekholm-Carrier
Harpur-Myers

I did the same with Kunin yesterday. Good player and young, but was in and out of the lineup with an injury last season and does so many things that make you not notice him (being in the right spot) that I forgot him.

I like Cousins grit and two-way play, but think he can be replaced much cheaper by Jeannot, Trenin, and Olivier.

Granlund has been the best player under Hynes and I think he re-signs with Haula.

Still too many square pegs for round holes on the roster to really make it all fit together. Will be interesting to watch as Poile makes his moves this week and next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad