Observations XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I know there is a ticket thread, but I'm posting this here because I feel this thread probably gets more traction.

Are the playoffs 100% mobile entry? Or was there any option for physical tickets for either STH or if you bought from the Bridgestone box office?

I am asking because I'm talking with someone on Craigslist on a pair for tomorrow's game but obviously I don't want to get scammed.
If they are transferred through Ticketmaster, they have to be real, right?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The only ticketing method I was offered as a STH was mobile. Likely not a scam (from that perspective).

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Yea, mobile is all I was offered. But if I sell my tickets thru the preds page and Ticketmaster I never deal with buyer at all.

If you are offered just a screenshot, I'd worry if you don't know them.

I did sell once in person.... He paid cash and watched me "transfer" tickets thru my smashville account. Then he "received" thru his Ticketmaster account. (He had to give me his email or phone number to transfer)
I do know if he hadn't "claimed" those tickets I could have taken them back.
So I don't know if that process can be jacked somehow other than that.

I do know I can take multiples of screenshots of my barcode tickets and send as text.

Good luck.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
They were fake. It was immediately obvious once they sent me the email to "claim" the tickets and the only way to pay for them was with an eBay gift card.

Reactions: LCPreds

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
A full day until puck drop. More hand wringing and pontification.

We either see the competitive team of games 1-3 or the oops-fest of game 4. Not in my control ... so I'll sit back and watch.

This team looks great on paper. It has underperformed compared to the expectations of our fanbase. The PP remains absent. Our top line is absent from the scoresheet far too often. Grimaldi is among our leading goal scorers. Ferdinand Foch would love this team .... situation excellent ... we attack.

Reactions: hockey diva

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
"Big changes" for Preds lineup...JOFA still together, no changes to D pairings. :eyeroll:

As ****ing usual, Lavy's big changes are to switch around Sissons, Smith, and Jarnkrok...which will probably last 4 minutes into the first period. Deck chairs on the ****ing Titanic. :banghead:
yeah until they break up JOFA, none of that matters. same ol same ol!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't really know why he is afraid to break them up or use different defensive pairings either. He used to do it to try and get lines going. Also it ain't like it would kill production, no one is producing any damn way.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I don't really know why he is afraid to break them up or use different defensive pairings either. He used to do it to try and get lines going. Also it ain't like it would kill production, no one is producing any damn way.

Its not a matter of being afraid or whatever. Its an acknowledgement that there are only two possibilities for more offense. Either JOFA starts acting like JOFA again, or the other 9 take up the slack.

Leaving JOFA together has a better chance of something good happening than breaking them up.

Scramble the botom 9 all you want, maybe something magic happens.

Reactions: Tex76

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Its not a matter of being afraid or whatever. Its an acknowledgement that there are only two possibilities for more offense. Either JOFA starts acting like JOFA again, or the other 9 take up the slack.

Leaving JOFA together has a better chance of something good happening than breaking them up.

Or we could split them up and hope it catalyzes SOMEBODY (anybody!?) amongst the forwards. They have 2 combined points this series, it's not like them going goose egg is that much worse than what we're currently getting.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

They have been together for 4 games and ain't done much of anything. Maybe try splitting it up, spread it out so that Dallas can't just load up on one line.

atilla the honeybun

Apr 12, 2011
here
I often think you can easily hang on to bottom line energy guys for too long. I don't know if Watson and Sissons are there yet, but part of what makes these players who they are is the need to prove themselves in the league, and once they're established NHL players they start to think that they are a different type of player.

Very few guys can make a lengthy career out of that style, and it's probably in a team's best interest to rotate through their 4th liners more often to maintain that hunger and spark. Even Tootoo eventually became ineffective.

But until our top-6 figures things out, the bottom-6 really doesn't matter a whole lot.
This is actually a good point and something I'd never thought of. Maybe we need to let these types of scrappy role players move on earlier instead of giving them a long term contract. Then just keep replacing them with similar guys that are younger and hungrier. It's kinda like the Patriots next man up mentality that they use so effectively.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Is go with these lines if I was lavy

Forsberg Joey Jarnkrok
Jarnkrok and Forsberg seem to have some good chemistry together when they play together. Have joey there to dish the puck could help a lot

Arvi sissons granlund
I wanna see granlund back on the wing he's used to playing to see if that can get him going. Sissons will be the defensive center and Arvi which I believe started his career on the left side could maybe be exactly what granlund needs

Watson bones smith
I really wanna see what this line could do having smith on this line might open up that line to get some goals

Boyle turris Grimaldi
Maye this could get turris going with the matchups plus we know Grimaldi and Boyle could put in some timely goals

Josi fabbro
I really wanna see fabbro get some quality minutes with josi. I think were only seeing the tip of the iceberg with fabbro and I wanna see I pairing him with an all star could put them over the top

Ekholm subban
Ekholm has to stay out if the box and stop taking dumb pentalies but all in all this is our best defensive pairing

Hammer Ellis
I think this could be a good 3rd pairng

1st power play unit
Boyle joey granlund
Subban Forsberg
I'm taking the 2nd defenseman off this unit make I making 1 defenseman on both units I think the need having that extra forward could help. I mean it couldnt hurt to try it.

2nd power play unit
Arvi bones smith
Josi turris

Rinne in goal

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I expect today to be the preds best effort of the series. Home ice advantage for a 3 game series. Win both at home and advance.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Just gotta play. Don't over think it, don't get fancy, just go to the net and shoot the puck. Can't stop, can't take a period off, gotta be a full 60 minutes or they are going to be golfing and fishing quickly.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I am expecting good play the first 10 minutes of the game, then we fall back into our old habits and lose.

And someone needs to do a GDT.

Last edited:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
What good does breaking up JOFA necessarily do for the team? (It goes with questioning why people called for immediate reuniting of that line when the team was winning without them on the ice together. ) What does it do to spark offense at ES and on the PP? The answers to those basic questions address if breaking up a line, or keeping it together is a logical approach.

Right now we have six players with at least one goal after four playoff games. Four forwards ... two defensemen. None with more than two. There is no way of taking players who are hot ... ok, warm at best ... and spreading them to lines that might need a spark when all of the roster is cold.

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
Must win game right here. This team ain't beating Dallas 2x in a row with how hard they've been playing. Win this one and the series is 50/50 chance for us to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad