Observations, Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
No, it isn't. In fact add Vesey to that lineup and that top-9 looks pretty good.

What if we add Vesey AND add a top 6 forward before the trade deadline??

Eriksson/Johansen/Neal
Forsberg/Ribeiro/Vesey
Wilson/Fisher/Smith

Or:

Drouin/Johansen/Neal
Forsberg/Ribeiro/Vesey
Wilson/Fisher/Smith

That is pretty dang strong. If we have “normal†Pekka to go along with that top 9, we would be capable of beating anyone in a playoff series.

Then you would have a ton of possibilities for the 4th line:

Arvidsson/Jarnkrok/Bourque/Watson/Salomaki/Gaustad/Nystrom

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Yeah, on paper that team can beat anyone. I'd be glad if we landed Vesey and wouldn't acquire any rentals. Jarnkrok/Arvidsson can fill that one spot in the top-9.

Seriously, this Vesey thing is driving me crazy I just want to get this over with and have him here. I don't want any rentals our prospect pool is almost bare and that rental hasn't helped us ever.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
the odds are against us tonight. outsiders discount us. many of our own fans doubt us.

nothing to do but go out and prove everyone wrong for at least another night.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
The best team in the league is in the town. No better time to make a statement to the whole league than by beating the Caps tonite.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Yeah, on paper that team can beat anyone. I'd be glad if we landed Vesey and wouldn't acquire any rentals. Jarnkrok/Arvidsson can fill that one spot in the top-9.

Seriously, this Vesey thing is driving me crazy I just want to get this over with and have him here. I don't want any rentals our prospect pool is almost bare and that rental hasn't helped us ever.

I think you really, really gotta temper your expectations with Vesey.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think you really, really gotta temper your expectations with Vesey.

Vesey is a big, strong, physical and fast LW who can score some goals. He's already 22 yrs old and is just dominating in the NCAA, scoring at the same pace as Jack Eichel albeit 4yrs older. Remember, he put up almost as good numbers last year, too. What could go wrong with this guy?

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
Vesey is a big, strong, physical and fast LW who can score some goals. He's already 22 yrs old and is just dominating in the NCAA, scoring at the same pace as Jack Eichel albeit 4yrs older. Remember, he put up almost as good numbers last year, too. What could go wrong with this guy?

just to keep proper perspective, Colin Wilson did too in 2009

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN

Stop. Just stop.

Vesey is averaging 1.52 points per game (as a senior)

Eichel, as an 18 year old, averaged 1.775 points per game.

That is a significant difference, especially when you consider Eichel was a boy and Vesey is essentially a man playing in a league of boys and men. They aren't comparable, not even close.

EDIT: Holy crap, comparing him to Benn, the NHL leading scorer last year? This kid is going to bust so hard in your eyes.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I think Vesey's ceiling is closer to Jamie Benn's. Sure, he could become Wilson 2.0 but that would still be one hell of acquisition to our team.

No offense, and maybe you're meaning to say "stylistically," but I would stop short of saying that Vesey's "ceiling" is superstar\Art Ross winner.

Craig Smith dominated at Wisconsin, then went to the world championships and opened the eyes of the entire NHL....and has turned into a good, inconsistent 2\3 line tweener. Vesey has played well at the college level, but let's temper our expectations. His upside still likely remains "2nd\3rd line wing."

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Rinne is better than Hutton, but there aren't many goalies that haven't been significantly better than Pekka this year (and Hutton crazily is one of them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad