Obama trolls Phil Kessel during Penguins' visit to The White House (Mod Post #1)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Kind of puzzling that he opted for a light zinger instead of setting an example of bullying and fat-shaming a champion athlete that came by invitation.

Clearly my sarcasm/joke went over your head completely. Even at the end of my post expressing my actual love for Kessel.

Sensitivity levels at an all time high.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Guy knows nothing about hockey or who Kessel even is...one of his little servants wrote him up that line to be funny...

so yea...who cares.

What if....you didn't know anything about Obama's knowledge of hockey? He seems....Hawkish to me.

As for Obama....he's always been good at comedy.

Last edited:

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Troll is now synonymous with joke to people under 15

OP joined in 2009, that's 7 years ago. If he is 14 (at the most according to you) that means he was 7 years old when he made his account. Wow that's gotta be an HFBoards record.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Half of comedy is the delivery, doesn't matter who wrote it. And he nailed it, that was great :laugh:

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Guy knows nothing about hockey or who Kessel even is...one of his little servants wrote him up that line to be funny...

so yea...who cares.

Jesus dude. Do you always look for the worst in things? Are you my ex? :laugh:

I mean, re-read what you said and tell me how that makes you feel any better about anything. It's just pure misery. I don't understand. Why?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Clearly my sarcasm/joke went over your head completely. Even at the end of my post expressing my actual love for Kessel.

Sensitivity levels at an all time high.

He was arguably adding to your shtick. I thought they were both great posts (if his is in that context...it's funny) for what it's worth

Last edited:

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
POTUS Obama is just salty his Blackhawks got eliminated during the 1st Round of the 2016 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Safe to say he cannot hide his sports-related salt anymore, especially when he did try to kiss up on the Cubs, especially when the latter were kissing up on him since last year.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania

so yea...who cares.

Doubt it.

I'm sure it was written, but probably by David Morehouse (under the suggestion of Carl Hagelin, probably).

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
On the full video, Murray is texting on his phone in the top left corner and you can see Malkin looking pissed at him :laugh:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Bush didn't even care to learn who Mario Lemieux was, and we got nubs in here trying to roast Obama for making an on-point zinger about Phil Kessel.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Funny moment, but it's a silly tradition to have the champions honoured at the White House each year

The President should have far more important things to do

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Obama was great for the whole speech. I'm gonna miss him whoever gets in there next.

Kessel face was great for the whole speech too. Gotta love that chubby-faced playoff warrior :laugh:

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

so yea...who cares.

He seems to know more about hockey than any previous President I remember. Look up Clinton or George Bush sr. for comparison. Obama at least seems to put in the effort to at least find out who the players are.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00