Obama trolls Phil Kessel during Penguins' visit to The White House (Mod Post #1)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think the majority of us agree and are freaking so happy for Phil. He didn't deserve what he got from Toronto. He deserved to be a champion. So happy for 81.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
I think Obama should do standup after his presidency.

God there's part of me that just wants him to just go off the second he's no longer president.

Also considering a few presidents ago we were getting "Steve Is-air-man" I'll take a joke written by a clever intern any day.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Guy knows nothing about hockey or who Kessel even is...one of his little servants wrote him up that line to be funny...

so yea...who cares.

The is from Chicago and went to a few games many years ago... so that does put him higher in my books then the last 5 or 6 guys who sat in his chair. He has done hockey jokes before that were spot on. So he has someone on his payroll who knows a thing or two

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
I feel like the word "troll" is used way too much by people on twitter these days. It's a joke. He made a joke at Kessel's expense. He wasn't trying to get him worked up.

Still, that's a very funny opening.

Agree. The OP's headline is wrong. Troll is an attention driven agitator. "I ll insult you so you ll talk to me".

Obama is just joking.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Agree. The OP's headline is wrong. Troll is an attention driven agitator. "I ll insult you so you ll talk to me".

Obama is just joking.

Trolling doesn't even have to do with insulting. Trolling is just intentionally inciting frustration for the sake of inciting frustration.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I think the majority of us agree and are freaking so happy for Phil. He didn't deserve what he got from Toronto. He deserved to be a champion. So happy for 81.

If I may interject and not hijack the thread.

Phil Kessel didn't get anything negative from Toronto or Toronto fans. We loved him here. It's what he got being a Leafs while he was in Toronto from rest of the league

Almost all Toronto fans were happy with Phil then, we are happier to see him in this stage now

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
If I may interject and not hijack the thread.

Phil Kessel didn't get anything negative from Toronto or Toronto fans. We loved him here. It's what he got being a Leafs while he was in Toronto from rest of the league

Almost all Toronto fans were happy with Phil then, we are happier to see him in this stage now

Yeah! Totally agree with you.

With that said, let's trade him while his value is high!

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Haha great to see that the Head of State knows something about hockey.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Poor Phil, always getting made fun of. Very endearing guy though, don't know how anyone could dislike him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad