Oakland Athletics relocation to Las Vegas thread: Move to Vegas approved by MLB owners - Will play in Sacramento for 3-4 years

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
aside from the whole A's situation, it's a dumb thing to do given how many A's fans are also sharks fans. did he forget the knights are the sharks biggest rival at the moment?
The Sharks only rival right now is age. The went to a hockey game, I don't see the big deal, this is more whiney fans trolling themselves IMO

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
What sports media is getting wrong during A's 'fact-finding' tour

The Sharks only rival right now is age. The went to a hockey game, I don't see the big deal, this is more whiney fans trolling themselves IMO
No, it was a stupid thing of Kaval to do. He disrespected 2 Bay Area franchises with that tweet. If he and the rest of those on their little trip decide never come back and sell the team to local investors it wouldn’t be a day too soon.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
I suspect the reaction from Lunatik would be different if the Jays were talking about moving to Montreal and whoever in the Rogers family runs the thing took a picture from a luxury suite talking about how amazing Habs fans were.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I suspect the reaction from Lunatik would be different if the Jays were talking about moving to Montreal and whoever in the Rogers family runs the thing took a picture from a luxury suite talking about how amazing Habs fans were.
I live across the country, doesn't matter to me where they play. So I am willing to bet you are wrong. I feel like people look for reasons to get upset these days.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I live across the country, doesn't matter to me where they play. So I am willing to bet you are wrong. I feel like people look for reasons to get upset these days.
Of course someone who has no local attachment to their teams wouldn’t understand those who actually do. Why even speak on the subject if your opinion is so ethnocentric?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Of course someone who has no local attachment to their teams wouldn’t understand those who actually do. Why even speak on the subject if your opinion is so ethnocentric?
I see you post on here and literally all you do is whine about everything, it's painfully obvious you are one of those people who is happiest when they are complaining about something. You want something to complain about, I feel like if the A's moved you'd actually be in your glory because you could complain about it for years.

Just because I'm not in a MLB city, doesn't mean I haven't almost lost professional sports and certainly doesn't make my opinion irrelevant.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I see you post on here and literally all you do is whine about everything, it's painfully obvious you are one of those people who is happiest when they are complaining about something. You want something to complain about, I feel like if the A's moved you'd actually be in your glory because you could complain about it for years.

Just because I'm not in a MLB city, doesn't mean I haven't almost lost professional sports and certainly doesn't make my opinion irrelevant.
Yet you haven’t blocked my posts? Do you like reading my whiny posts or are you just not savvy enough to navigate this site and it’s functions properly?

Comes in a thread about possible relocation and wonders why people care about where the team plays. You’re just looking for a fight, but sorry sweetheart, you ain’t worth it.

Reactions: PBandJ

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Tl;dr guy asks Vegas city for proof of communication between A’s and Las Vegas since ‘19, like their liar mayor claims, they have no documentation of any communications.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
They’ve been leveraging the city of Oakland from day 1. His words are hollow and not surprising.

They want the city of Oakland and county of Alameda to pay for basically everything while only committing to stay 20 years in the new ballpark. They want Oakland to pay their fair share then they need to commit to 40+ years and actually pay for some of that infrastructure in the area. Cheap pieces of shit.

Reactions: Cas

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
there needs to be legislation at this point that no tax breaks/money/etc. can be given to professional sports.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
there needs to be legislation at this point that no tax breaks/money/etc. can be given to professional sports.
They now want the city of Oakland/Alameda to pay for the affordable housing out of their tax revenues. The nerve of this ownership group is amazing.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

Realistically that is infeasible and likely undesirable as an absolute, but as a general rule I would oppose spending significant public funds on a professional sports facility, because the promises are always a scam and the rewards are nowhere close to the costs. Maybe some costs on the margins, but nothing significant.

The Athletics are also trying to put their park in what may prove to be an extraordinarily inconvenient location for Oakland (particularly the Port). Even without the public outlays, that decision would be controversial, especially when the current Coliseum site is just fine.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Realistically that is infeasible and likely undesirable as an absolute, but as a general rule I would oppose spending significant public funds on a professional sports facility, because the promises are always a scam and the rewards are nowhere close to the costs. Maybe some costs on the margins, but nothing significant.

The Athletics are also trying to put their park in what may prove to be an extraordinarily inconvenient location for Oakland (particularly the Port). Even without the public outlays, that decision would be controversial, especially when the current Coliseum site is just fine.
The guy who went from millionaire to multi-billionaire by simply signing the deed to the team is begging for public funds through his sock puppet Kaval.

No one is even focused on what an absolute scum bag Fisher is because they’re too enamored with the thought of Vegas. If the A’s move this will be framed as the failure of the city/county/fans when the truth is it’s a greedy billionaire wanting to profit even more without using any of his own money.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
hell, the first thing they need to do this off-season is demo Mt. Davis, restore the berm/re-construct if it was destroyed, and then re-install the bleachers.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
hell, the first thing they need to do this off-season is demo Mt. Davis, restore the berm/re-construct if it was destroyed, and then re-install the bleachers.

I don't think that would work - the park has horrible plumbing issues and layout issues and probably needs to be replaced entirely.

My thought had been to take down the Arena, build half a stadium there, rip down the Coliseum in October, and finish the new stadium.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Despite all the lying from the current Davis about the unwillingness of the Oakland/Alameda area to do anything, they’re STILL paying for my Davis while Mark is in Vegas with another funded stadium.

But people will think it’s all the city and the fans if/when they leave.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I don't think that would work - the park has horrible plumbing issues and layout issues and probably needs to be replaced entirely.

My thought had been to take down the Arena, build half a stadium there, rip down the Coliseum in October, and finish the new stadium.
East Oakland/San Leandro has plenty of land and could use the shot in the arm they’re trying to force in the port.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

building a new stadium on the coliseum site makes the most sense, but MLB has repeatedly said it's not an option

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
building a new stadium on the coliseum site makes the most sense, but MLB has repeatedly said it's not an option
It’s an industrial area that doesn’t have a lot around it. They want to swoop in on the most expensive land in an area that’s better off.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017

Re-installation of the bleachers instead of what is out there now would lessen plumbing issues in the outfield. There would be no suites or multiple concourses that it would have to service. If i remember right, it was just individual sections of bleachers with stairs up to a concourse in the back. Just have the back of the concourse be guest services/facilities and concessions, and the plumbing in that area gets far more simple. It isnt a permanent fix but it would get the Coliseum looking better/more functional in the outfield in the short term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad