Oakland Athletics relocation to Las Vegas thread: Move to Vegas approved by MLB owners - Will play in Sacramento for 3-4 years

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Reactions: SoupNazi

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I moved to the Bay Area in '77 and I became an A's fan right away. Once we got to be 15 and 16, my friends and I would drive from Walnut Creek to the Coliseum BART station, park in the parking lot for free and walk across the bridge with $10 in our pockets for a bleacher seat/nachos/large coke.

We'd get there early for batting practice, Dave Kingman was the great BP hitter ever. I can still hear the sound his bat made in an empty stadium. We'd always sit in LF and then in the 80's and the Bash Brothers got there, things got crowded quickly

Goddamn that was great.

Last edited:

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I moved to the Bay Area in '77 and I became an A's fan right away. Once we got to be 15 and 16, my friends and I would drive from Walnut Creek to the Coliseum BART station, park in the parking lot for free and walk across the bridge with $10 in our pockets for a bleacher seat/nachos/large coke.

We'd get there early for batting practice, Dave Kingman was the great BP hitter ever. I can still hear the sound his bat made in an empty stadium. We'd always sit in LF and then in the 80's and the Bash Brothers got there, things got crowded quickly

Goddamn that was great.
Stories like that make people fall in love with baseball.

John Fisher is what makes people fall out of love with it.

Last edited:

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I haven’t watched a baseball game in a dozen years. I used to be a baseball and basketball guy and now it’s hockey and soccer and football.
I absolutely HATE basketball even though I grew up in an area where college basketball is huge.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Yep. I believe I heard that the Chargers logo was hyped at a Lakers game once (prior to the move) and got boo'ed. Yikes.

The Rams owner blocked the move for the Raiders, let’s be real as much as the Rams have a fan base in Los Angeles, the Raiders have an even bigger one.

Can’t blame the Rams though, they do have a fan base there before the left.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
The Rams owner blocked the move for the Raiders, let’s be real as much as the Rams have a fan base in Los Angeles, the Raiders have an even bigger one.

Can’t blame the Rams though, they do have a fan base there before the left.
At least the Rams, to some degree, are a legit LA team.

The Chargers were always San Diego's team and never had a fan base in LA. They don't belong there, period.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
At least the Rams, to some degree, are a legit LA team.

The Chargers were always San Diego's team and never had a fan base in LA. They don't belong there, period.
the rams have always been an LA team and should've never left to begin with. they were there 48 years before moving to STL. heck, i've met some old diehard rams fans who considered the move to anaheim in the late 70s as a relocation

what the NFL should've done was award an expansion franchise to STL instead of to jacksonville

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
the rams have always been an LA team and should've never left to begin with. they were there 48 years before moving to STL. heck, i've met some old diehard rams fans who considered the move to anaheim in the late 70s as a relocation

what the NFL should've done was award an expansion franchise to STL instead of to jacksonville
I agree, I was just trying to imply that I don't think they were ever truly as loved as the Raiders were.

You're absolutely correct about the Jacksonville point.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I agree, I was just trying to imply that I don't think they were ever truly as loved as the Raiders were.

You're absolutely correct about the Jacksonville point.
yeah, the raiders are easily the most popular team here. i'd say it goes raiders, cowboys, rams, with the niners not too far behind

and then you have the handful of chargers fans

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It is hilarious.... also hilarious how little the people of Las Vegas care. :laugh:

Well yeah...it's the f***ing Athletics, still a shitty joke of an organization, just in a new location.

Would have been like if the Coyotes or Senators said 'Hey we might be coming here in 4 years!', instead of having the Golden Knights build their own successful organization right off the bat.

I imagine residents would much prefer an expansion team and a clean slate.... Also the timeline, it's not like their move is imminent, it's still ways away with ton of unknown, can't imagine getting too hyped for that, even if it wasn't such a shitty team like the A's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad