Oakland Athletics relocation to Las Vegas thread: Move to Vegas approved by MLB owners - Will play in Sacramento for 3-4 years

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Sacramento will do just fine while the A's suck for a couple more years and will be ready to compete in Vegas year 1.

Vegas fans will support the A's better than Oakland ever supported their pro teams. There is a reason why they lost all of their teams.

Sep 19, 2008
That is a lie. The Vegas locals other than Vegas Matt are kind of tepid on the new stadium.

It's not the Knights or even the Raiders. It's the A's run by a shyster

If anything the A's should stay in Sacramento if Vivek wants his team so badly

Reactions: SoupNazi

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Sacramento will do just fine while the A's suck for a couple more years and will be ready to compete in Vegas year 1.

Vegas fans will support the A's better than Oakland ever supported their pro teams. There is a reason why they lost all of their teams.
lmao, that's a good one. vegas couldn't give less of a shit about the A's coming into town

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Big fan of this move as Oakland is a complete shithole that has much bigger issues and I know I’ll go to a ton of Angels games in Las Vegas. Sucks for the fans but at least they still have the Giants in the area so they aren’t completely deprived of a local baseball team

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Big fan of this move as Oakland is a complete shithole that has much bigger issues and I know I’ll go to a ton of Angels games in Las Vegas. Sucks for the fans but at least they still have the Giants in the area so they aren’t completely deprived of a local baseball team
what a hilariously tone deaf comment

imagine telling a mets fan that they can just cheer for the yankees

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Why would A's fans want to cheer for a team that blocked them from moving elsewhere in the Bay Area?

I certainly don’t think it means much to them but definitely better than not having any local option to attend a MLB game
If the Kings blocked the Ducks from getting an arena in Orange County and it forced the Ducks to move to Las Vegas, would you cheer for the f***ing Kings?

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
That is a lie. The Vegas locals other than Vegas Matt are kind of tepid on the new stadium.

It's not the Knights or even the Raiders. It's the A's run by a shyster

If anything the A's should stay in Sacramento if Vivek wants his team so badly
The Raiders are another odd one, The Golden Knights are definitely, Vegas's Team.... the A's are definitely not Vegas's team. My impression of the Raiders has been it's Californias team on location in Vegas. I was really disappointed when they moved to Vegas, I was hoping for a team I could cheer for. The Raiders as a brand is one you either love or loathe... proximity isn't going to change that.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
imagine thinking any A's fans would still want anything to do with MLB after the way they've been f***ed over. and on top of that, to think that they would go and support the giants?

lmao
That’s fine too
Why would A's fans want to cheer for a team that blocked them from moving elsewhere in the Bay Area?
I don’t really expect them to even cheer for them, just that they still have the option to attend baseball games if they so choose

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
If the Kings blocked the Ducks from getting an arena in Orange County and it forced the Ducks to move to Las Vegas, would you cheer for the f***ing Kings?
No I wouldn’t cheer for the Kings but what I would do in all likelihood is stay a Ducks fan and attend their games at the Staples Center

• Haha
Reactions: SoupNazi

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
lmao, that's a good one. vegas couldn't give less of a shit about the A's coming into town
I assume the A's are banking on fans from other cities taking a trip to Vegas to go see their team...?

I would never take a trip to Oakland. But I would to Vegas, and I'd likely try and see if I could time it when the Jays (or Leafs) were in town. And I suppose that's what ownership is banking on. :dunno:

All that being said, the whole situation reeks. :thumbd:

Reactions: MMC

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The Giants played a major role in the A's not staying in the bay area. There's next to no chance that A's fans will switch to the Giants.

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The As are gonna play 3 seasons in W. Sacramento. Jackie Bradley Jr. signed with the Long Island Ducks. The Coyotes play in Tempe. If you can make it in those 3 metropolises, you can make it anywhere.

On the 14th the Mets are retiring Gooden's number. In 1985 he had the most bWAR since 1923 which includes Babe Ruth's 1927 60 HR season.

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

What a f***ing joke and blackeye for MLB

f*** Manfred and owners for allowing this

It is truly shocking to see an pro league let an owner blatantly run his team to the ground just to create the pretense to relocate. Should have just forced a sale and promise Fisher an expansion franchise in Vegas. Would have saved a lot of time, logisitics and ill will from coming out. Vegas won't be ready for years anyways, an expansion team would have been fine.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It is truly shocking to see an pro league let an owner blatantly run his team to the ground just to create the pretense to relocate. Should have just forced a sale and promise Fisher an expansion franchise in Vegas. Would have saved a lot of time, logisitics and ill will from coming out. Vegas won't be ready for years anyways, an expansion team would have been fine.
imagine if fisher had tried pulling this shit with the yankees or red sox? the league would've forced him to sell immediately

MLB is a f***ing joke of a league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad