Trade: [OAK/NYY] Sonny Gray to the Yankees for Mateo, Fowler & Kaprelian

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
if fowler and kaprielian recover as planned that is a great return

i wasn't expecting kaprielian to be included but i'm pretty stoked he is. local southern california kid

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
This was the best pitcher on the trade market with two more years of control after this. A rental Yu Darvish is not going to demand the two top prospects that the Rangers want (i.e. Verdugo and Buehler from LA)

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Did Oakland get anyone rated in the Yankees top 10 prospect list?
This is a steal for Sonny Gray, still a great pitcher. This is like the Josh Donaldson trade for the A's minus Barreto.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Did Oakland get anyone rated in the Yankees top 10 prospect list?
This is a steal for Sonny Gray, still a great pitcher. This is like the Josh Donaldson trade for the A's minus Barreto.

Mateo definitely is in the top 10. It's a weird case, he was horrid in A+ ball and his stock fell dramatically, but turned it around in AA the past few weeks. Very versatile player and could move to the OF. Same with Fowler.

Gray is a good pitcher, but short guys like him don't throw many innings after the age of 27. He'll probably flame out in a year or two.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
MLB.com has fowler #4, mateo #8, and kap #12

like i said, great trade IF fowler and kap heal correctly. i wasn't expecting fowler to be involved but he's got some great potential, could be a stud for sure. very risky move though. if they don't then this trade will really, really suck.

fowler is supposed to be ready for ST and kap probably won't be ready until mid next season so we'll have to wait and see

Sep 19, 2008
MLB.com has fowler #4, mateo #8, and kap #12

like i said, great trade IF fowler and kap heal correctly. i wasn't expecting fowler to be involved but he's got some great potential, could be a stud for sure. very risky move though. if they don't then this trade will really, really suck.

fowler is supposed to be ready for ST and kap probably won't be ready until mid next season so we'll have to wait and see

RT @JonHeyman in a seller's market, cashman hit a grand slam. fowler and kaprielian are solid but they are currently out. mateo talented but expendable.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Mateo definitely is in the top 10. It's a weird case, he was horrid in A+ ball and his stock fell dramatically, but turned it around in AA the past few weeks. Very versatile player and could move to the OF. Same with Fowler.

Gray is a good pitcher, but short guys like him don't throw many innings after the age of 27. He'll probably flame out in a year or two.

And the MLB Network is touting how this closes the gap between NY and the Astros. Gray is 0-1 with a 9-something ERA vs. Houston this season.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think it's an underwhelming return for the A's, despite of what I believe Gray is. For all the information leaked that Beane and co. leaked suggested it was Frazier/Torres/Florial or bust, he got a far worse return than that. The A's also gave up $1.5m in international slot money, which is pretty nuts.

He's way past his prime.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I think it's an underwhelming return for the A's, despite of what I believe Gray is. For all the information leaked that Beane and co. leaked suggested it was Frazier/Torres/Florial or bust, he got a far worse return than that. The A's also gave up $1.5m in international slot money, which is pretty nuts.

He's way past his prime.

fowler is better than florial for what it's worth

it was obvious a while ago they weren't going to get frazier or torres. fowler and mateo is a good return but like i said, this trade all comes down to health. if fowler can recover and be the player he's supposed to be, this will be a great trade for the A's

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
fowler is better than florial for what it's worth

it was obvious a while ago they weren't going to get frazier or torres. fowler and mateo is a good return but like i said, this trade all comes down to health. if fowler can recover and be the player he's supposed to be, this will be a great trade for the A's
Nah, I think his recent development shot him up the prospect rankings. Most NYY fans have him 3rd now before the trade.

The A's reportedly wanted Florial, but the Yankees wouldn't budge. It seems the team is really ****ing high on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00