NYSportsfan6230's NEW Official Fantasy Draft Game- SJ, BOS, CHI, TB AVLBE!! - PART II

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I am probably only going to give people from this game 1 or 2 more days to lay claim to a team before I let everyone else on the boards have a pick at a team, so get your claim in quickly.

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
not sure if you'd like this idea, but if we are getting rosters I think we should do a 1 round draft. so we can at least all get 1 player we like.

just a thought.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
not sure if you'd like this idea, but if we are getting rosters I think we should do a 1 round draft. so we can at least all get 1 player we like.

just a thought.

Or keep one player from our team in this league...?

Both of these are good ideas and I'll consider them. We still have some time before I need to give you a final answer, but in all honesty at this moment I'm not really sure if I'll do that or not. I will make a decision probably when we get the GM list filled out. Thanks for the input.

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
I just feel like it is a good way to make sure the people you pick are really active and willing to send a list if their not their and so on.

EDIT: If you need me to I can help you put anything together, Its summer I got nothing to do either :)

Return of the King

Sep 4, 2008
I'm new to this group, just hopping aboard to take over for the vacated Nashville slot, but it was fun while it lasted, and I'd like to be a part of the new league that's forming up.

If we're going to use a random roster generator, the LA Kings would be my choice. If we're going to carry over any players from the old league, I'd prefer to stick with the Nashville Preds.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I'll keep the Western Conference Champion Columbus Blue Jackets.

You got it, I think you were active enough and I think that you are committed enough to making this other league work.

I'm new to this group, just hopping aboard to take over for the vacated Nashville slot, but it was fun while it lasted, and I'd like to be a part of the new league that's forming up.

If we're going to use a random roster generator, the LA Kings would be my choice. If we're going to carry over any players from the old league, I'd prefer to stick with the Nashville Preds.

If I decide to let some players be kept then you can still be the Kings and take some players from Nashville. I'll give you the kings, but since I don't know you as well as the other guys I am putting complete faith in you that you won't crap out midway through the game. If you have any doubt now then don't even sign up. I don't want someone to have the littlest doubt and back out midway through the game making it hard for me to replace the person.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
The only problem I have with having you be able to keep players is that it gives an unfair advantage to the new people coming in because they didn't get the privilege of drafting people they like. The rosters will still be lopsided in a sense.

Also, we have people changing teams so some teams that were vacant may now be occupied and vice versa making it difficult to figure out which roster they can pick from.

I may go with 1 or 2 people to be retained, but I think 5 is too many. I'm still weighing the pro's and con's but I'll get back to you guys with the answer.

I am also giving people who were dedicated to the last game the same message: If there is any doubt in your mind now that you won't be fully committed to this league then back out now because having you leave now makes it a lot easier to replace you then midway through the game.

Lastly, thanks to all who gave me compliments on how I ran the last game, I appreciate it and hope to learn off my mistakes from the last game to make this one even better.

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
i agree with you 5 is to many. 1 or 2 is good.

so I'd pick players from Calgary for the Flyers?

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
gotcha. I'm more in favor of just doing a 1 round draft just so everyone can start fresh and you can test who is really dedicated. But i'm down for whatever.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
gotcha. I'm more in favor of just doing a 1 round draft just so everyone can start fresh and you can test who is really dedicated. But i'm down for whatever.

I feel like a 1 round draft would be more fair becuase then that gives the vacant teams (meaning the new GMs) a chance to draft someone they like.

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
yeah. I agree with that, the only problem with 1 round, is the people at the bottom of the round have a disadvantage. but you can let them go higher in the 2nd round random order

Return of the King

Sep 4, 2008
I'll give you the kings, but since I don't know you as well as the other guys I am putting complete faith in you that you won't crap out midway through the game. If you have any doubt now then don't even sign up. I don't want someone to have the littlest doubt and back out midway through the game making it hard for me to replace the person.

I understand your concerns, believe me. I'm in other leagues, and inactivity is always the biggest reason they fail... well, that and nasty trade disputes. :) I wouldn't waste your time (or mine) if I wasn't committed.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I feel like a 1 round draft would be more fair becuase then that gives the vacant teams (meaning the new GMs) a chance to draft someone they like.

yeah. I agree with that, the only problem with 1 round, is the people at the bottom of the round have a disadvantage. but you can let them go higher in the 2nd round random order

If there are issues with both, it would be wise to choose neither.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I understand your concerns, believe me. I'm in other leagues, and inactivity is always the biggest reason they fail... well, that and nasty trade disputes. :) I wouldn't waste your time (or mine) if I wasn't committed.

Alright then, you can have the LA Kings.

If there are issues with both, it would be wise to choose neither.

That's why I want to take my time before I make a decision to weigh the pro's vs. the con's.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
I personally feel we should keep 3 players. 5 is too much, but 1 or 2 doesn't really seem like enough.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
ill keep my :wild

I would like to get my habs back. if they are already taken it could be vancouver or Buffalo.

I think I've been active enough

Alright both of you have been committed enough in the other league that you can have the teams that you want.

I think I am going to open up the pickings to the rest of the boards. At this point I am going to make a new thread for the new league, all posting will take place in there now.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I personally feel we should keep 3 players. 5 is too much, but 1 or 2 doesn't really seem like enough.

I know that sounds like a good idea, but it still seems like teams that didn't have the benefit of having a GM for most of the game are at an unfair advantage already from the start.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
I know that sounds like a good idea, but it still seems like teams that didn't have the benefit of having a GM for most of the game are at an unfair advantage already from the start.

They don't have to have favourites, they're looking to build a team around good players. Every team has atleast a few good players, if not more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad