NYSportsfan6230's NEW Official Fantasy Draft Game- SJ, BOS, CHI, TB AVLBE!! - PART II

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Guys, over the last couple of months I have slowly started to despise this league more and more. I have felt like coming on here has become a chore and I am not liking the direction this league is going. Half of the league is barely active, and everything moves along at a snails' pace. I thought once we got in the swing of things that it would be getting better, while in fact it has gotten a lot worse. I don't want to feel like we have wasted all this time but I really have become aggravated to the point where I don't want to do this anymore.

So, with your permission, I would like to start up a new league. It will be like this one except there won't be a fantasy draft so we won't be too far behind. The way the rosters will be determined through for the next game will be an automatic roster generator. We will be able to jump right back into voting for the order of the Entry Draft and we can move on from there. We won't have to go through the rigorous fantasy draft again. The roster generator has looked pretty fair from what I can tell as well.

With all this said, there are people from this league that have gained my respect from this league. I am posting this in here for those members to lay 1st claim to a team. I'm sure you guys know who I feel are worthy of joining my other league, as I am also weary that nobody holds a grudge against me for cancelling this one. With a league that starts up fresh we would be able to fill up all the teams with only the people I think are most worthy of one. I will take more caution in the GM screening process.

For the last time, I am truely sorry to those of you who really liked their team, and enjoyed this league, but this hasn't turned out the way I wanted it to and I feel as though a fresh start is needed. I hope nobody holds any resentment towards me and those of you who actually cared for this league to succeed I urge you to join the new one. I am sure a lot of you have felt this league gone to garbage lately as well that's why I hope you don't feel as angry about me starting a new league.

With all this said, If you are interested in becoming a member of the new league, before I put out the new thread for everyone else to join, then say which team you want IN THIS THREAD and I will let you know who I will be taking over with me to the next league.

Thank you again for all of your time and patience, and hopefully I look forward to seeing some of you in the new league.

Mike

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Sorry to see this league end, you did a great job running it. One question though, is how do you know this new league won't run into the same problems? I would imagine all leagues come with a level of inactivity from various GMs, no matter how many "regulars" end up with teams.

And it seems a tad strange to re-do the whole voting process when we have no control over the team selection. Might as well randomize the entry draft order to save time.

And on that note, I'd like to re-claim the Atlanta "4th Best Team From the Old League" Thrashers. :D

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I would love to be in the new league and also agree with Modo that you did a great job. I too would like to retain my team, the St. Louis Blues.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Sorry to see this league end, you did a great job running it. One question though, is how do you know this new league won't run into the same problems? I would imagine all leagues come with a level of inactivity from various GMs, no matter how many "regulars" end up with teams.

And it seems a tad strange to re-do the whole voting process when we have no control over the team selection. Might as well randomize the entry draft order to save time.

And on that note, I'd like to re-claim the Atlanta "4th Best Team From the Old League" Thrashers. :D

We have a base of about 10-15 people that I say are active, when it comes down to the other half I will look over post totals to show frequent activity, and just someone that will show general interest in seeing the league succeed. I would have been just fine with having 3 or 4 teams without a GM as long as the other 27 were active, but the problem came when we had people who owned teams who were barely on and I think that when you have only half the league active it slowly poisioned the league.

I like the idea of a randomized draft order because it will save a lot of time and we can begin right where this league left of. It's true I can't guarentee that people won't become inactive, but at least this way it's so much easier to find GM's because the other league ran so deep that people didn't want to join in the middle of it. I will do my best to screen each potential GM and not fill spots just to get started, and I hope that we do get a special group of people together that are all active and then the league will truely become what I wanted it to be.

And of course you can have the thrashers, I would have been disappointed if you didn't join the new league.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I would love to be in the new league and also agree with Modo that you did a great job. I too would like to retain my team, the St. Louis Blues.

Thank you, and you are also one of the people who I am thrilled decided to come over to the new league.

I do thank you guys for giving a genuine interest in the league and showing how much you really wanted it to succeed, with more people like you guys we can really have what I wanted originally.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Guys, over the last couple of months I have slowly started to despise this league more and more. I have felt like coming on here has become a chore and I am not liking the direction this league is going. Half of the league is barely active, and everything moves along at a snails' pace. I thought once we got in the swing of things that it would be getting better, while in fact it has gotten a lot worse. I don't want to feel like we have wasted all this time but I really have become aggravated to the point where I don't want to do this anymore.

So, with your permission, I would like to start up a new league. It will be like this one except there won't be a fantasy draft so we won't be too far behind. The way the rosters will be determined through for the next game will be an automatic roster generator. We will be able to jump right back into voting for the order of the Entry Draft and we can move on from there. We won't have to go through the rigorous fantasy draft again. The roster generator has looked pretty fair from what I can tell as well.

With all this said, there are people from this league that have gained my respect from this league. I am posting this in here for those members to lay 1st claim to a team. I'm sure you guys know who I feel are worthy of joining my other league, as I am also weary that nobody holds a grudge against me for cancelling this one. With a league that starts up fresh we would be able to fill up all the teams with only the people I think are most worthy of one. I will take more caution in the GM screening process.

For the last time, I am truely sorry to those of you who really liked their team, and enjoyed this league, but this hasn't turned out the way I wanted it to and I feel as though a fresh start is needed. I hope nobody holds any resentment towards me and those of you who actually cared for this league to succeed I urge you to join the new one. I am sure a lot of you have felt this league gone to garbage lately as well that's why I hope you don't feel as angry about me starting a new league.

With all this said, If you are interested in becoming a member of the new league, before I put out the new thread for everyone else to join, then say which team you want IN THIS THREAD and I will let you know who I will be taking over with me to the next league.

Thank you again for all of your time and patience, and hopefully I look forward to seeing some of you in the new league.

Mike

Sounds good, i'll take the Oilers if I can or just retain the Leafs.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island

Well, this means I will be re-claiming the Carolina "2nd best team from the old league" Hurricanes. :p:

I'm actually not sure if I want to do it, but I would rather not let you down, NYSportsfan.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Well, this means I will be re-claiming the Carolina "2nd best team from the old league" Hurricanes. :p:

I'm actually not sure if I want to do it, but I would rather not let you down, NYSportsfan.

Listen man, if you have any doubt that you don't want to do it then you really don't have to. You won't be letting me down. As much as I gained my respect from you in the last game I'd much rather know now than have you leave in the middle of the game when it's hard to find a replacement.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
All my time and effort for nothing?! What a good for nothing joke...

... Kidding! ;). Agreed with all the above statements towards NYSports fan. I wasn't sure if this league would make it through the draft to be honest, but due to your and a select few GMs it got done. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. I'd like to stay with my Sabres team if you'll have me.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
All my time and effort for nothing?! What a good for nothing joke...

... Kidding! ;). Agreed with all the above statements towards NYSports fan. I wasn't sure if this league would make it through the draft to be honest, but due to your and a select few GMs it got done. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. I'd like to stay with my Sabres team if you'll have me.

Thank you and it would be my pleasure to have you back in the game.

Thanks for running the game NY, you did a great job

Juice did you want a team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad