Proposal: NYR -Vegas

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Don’t propose a lot of trades so I’ll give it a shot.

the knights are deep at the wings have Karlsson and Glass as their 1-2 punch and center presumably this year. They are extremely thin on RD and have no PPQB. They’re window to win is definitely in the next 3 to 5 years I would say with patches stone Willy etc all locked up and guys like glass on ELC.
NYR while strong on the wings especially after they take Lafreniere could use a little more size and balance. To the deal

to LV. Tony DeAngelo and Brett Howden

to NY. Alex Tuch Peyton Krebs

Vegas gets their help on the backend and add Howden as a cheap young 3c in the middle

Rangers add a big bodied Rw in Tuch that can play in front of or behind Kakko. If kreider moves to RW Tuch drops to 3rd line and hopefully learns from watching kreider around the net . Krebs and Chytil duke it out for 2 nd and 3rd center spots respectively. It allows the rangers to get a little bigger and tougher on the wing and maybe move Buch and georgi for a LD. Rangers have also liked Krebs since the draft

who adds what for this deal to work?? Be gentile

A draft pick one way or the other? Maybe a guy like Hajek ?? You tell me flame away

Reactions: bernmeister

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Their window is definitely 3-5 years if they traded Krebs & Tuch away.
Theodore is better than Deangelo in every conceivable way except for fighting.

No, no, no.

Reactions: Nighthock

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Their window is definitely 3-5 years if they traded Krebs & Tuch away.
Theodore is better than Deangelo in every conceivable way except for fighting.

No, no, no.
While Theodore is the better all around player and a LD he is not a better offensive player then deangelo. Don’t see why the 2 wouldn’t work in tandem together

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
While Theodore is the better all around player and a LD he is not a better offensive player then deangelo. Don’t see why the 2 wouldn’t work in tandem together

Theodore has played better on the right side and he's the quarterback on the PP. And yes he most definitely is the better offensive player. There's no question about that.

No reason to give up Tuch or Krebs for Deangelo.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia

the knights are deep at the wings have Karlsson and Glass as their 1-2 punch and center presumably this year. They are extremely thin on RD and have no PPQB. They’re window to win is definitely in the next 3 to 5 years I would say with patches stone Willy etc all locked up and guys like glass on ELC.
NYR while strong on the wings especially after they take Lafreniere could use a little more size and balance. To the deal

Vegas gets their help on the backend and add Howden as a cheap young 3c in the middle

Rangers add a big bodied Rw in Tuch that can play in front of or behind Kakko. If kreider moves to RW Tuch drops to 3rd line and hopefully learns from watching kreider around the net . Krebs and Chytil duke it out for 2 nd and 3rd center spots respectively. It allows the rangers to get a little bigger and tougher on the wing and maybe move Buch and georgi for a LD. Rangers have also liked Krebs since the draft

A draft pick one way or the other? Maybe a guy like Hajek ?? You tell me flame away
Tried to be Gentile but Jesus don’t want me as a sunbeam

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Rangers don't need Tuch. This obsession some people have with adding toughness makes no sense. We led the league in penalties and major penalties last season. We need better players, not tough players.

Reactions: LionsHeart and bbny

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I get there are reasons fans of each side push back, but this is one of the most balanced fair proposals i've seen here in a while, a couple ~24 yr old A-/B+ players in a 'hockey trade' for need from strength, plus a couple young WHL Cs with the slightly older more established joining a current Cup contender

RHD seems to have been VGKs most unmet need these few years

Last edited:

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The Rangers don't need Tuch. This obsession some people have with adding toughness makes no sense. We led the league in penalties and major penalties last season. We need better players, not tough players.

Tuch is tough?
Not in the sense that you are describing.

I want tough players to play against. Not in the fighting sense, more in the sense of being stiffer to play against in the Komorov/clutterbuck mold.

The Rangers top 9 are easy to play against.

Not really a physical presence amongst them Kreider included

Last edited:

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019

Are you nuts? They aren't giving up Tuch and Krebs for that. Now Theodore's offensive production in the playoff is a complete fluke and they badly need a righty puck mover and true PP QB because they have nothing in the minors. If you are talking DeAngelo for Krebs straight up then maybe you are on to something as Vegas made moves to win over the the next 1 to 4 years.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The player i would love to have on the NYR is a 28 year old Radulov.

Thats the type of prickish skilled player that is also stiff to play against

Reactions: Saitama

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tuch is tough?
Not in the sense that you are describing.

I want tough players to play against. Not in the fighting sense, more in the sense of being stiffer to play against in the Komorov/clutterbuck mold.

The Rangers top 9 are easy to play against.

Not really a physical presence amongst them Kreider included

Toughness/size/tough to play against, it's all mostly the same thing, and it's a load of nonsense the emphasis some put on it.

There are so few players like a Kreider in the league, and most teams do not have many of them. Because there are people who have this mindset that teams need this type of player in abundance, they get overvalued, and you have to overpay for them.

Tuch simply is not an upgrade on what we already have. He'd play on our third line, and we'd be giving up a great OFD to get him. We already have players like Lemieux and Gauthier who also fit that mold, but apparently we need to overpay for Tuch because he's more established.

The Rangers projected lineup for next season has one player shorter than 6'0, and that guy is Panarin. I don't exactly think we need size/toughness/hard to play against. Maybe some of our players aren't that physical, but we have a lot of young guys in the lineup. They need to up their games in that regard, and not wilt physically. We already have Kreider, Lemieux, Gauthier, Lindgren, Smith, DeAngelo, maybe Fast. We have physical players. That is not the issue. It's getting the young guys to build up muscle and be harder to play against. Unless you want to trade those guys, we aren't solving the problem by bringing in more players of that style.

You mention Komarov/Clutterbuck. We absolutely don't need to become the Isles. We don't have Trotz as our coach. They aren't the team anyone should be trying to model their team after. They might've not even have made the playoffs with an 82 game season, and now apparently they are the team we need to take after, even though we were better than them in March.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Are you nuts? They aren't giving up Tuch and Krebs for that. Now Theodore's offensive production in the playoff is a complete fluke and they badly need a righty puck mover and true PP QB because they have nothing in the minors. If you are talking DeAngelo for Krebs straight up then maybe you are on to something as Vegas made moves to win over the the next 1 to 4 years.
so if you look at theodore's and ada's career stats, you get the impression theodore is the fluke player among those two. interesting. :huh:

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Toughness/size/tough to play against, it's all mostly the same thing, and it's a load of nonsense the emphasis some put on it.

There are so few players like a Kreider in the league, and most teams do not have many of them. Because there are people who have this mindset that teams need this type of player in abundance, they get overvalued, and you have to overpay for them.

Tuch simply is not an upgrade on what we already have. He'd play on our third line, and we'd be giving up a great OFD to get him. We already have players like Lemieux and Gauthier who also fit that mold, but apparently we need to overpay for Tuch because he's more established.

The Rangers projected lineup for next season has one player shorter than 6'0, and that guy is Panarin. I don't exactly think we need size/toughness/hard to play against. Maybe some of our players aren't that physical, but we have a lot of young guys in the lineup. They need to up their games in that regard, and not wilt physically. We already have Kreider, Lemieux, Gauthier, Lindgren, Smith, DeAngelo, maybe Fast. We have physical players. That is not the issue. It's getting the young guys to build up muscle and be harder to play against. Unless you want to trade those guys, we aren't solving the problem by bringing in more players of that style.

You mention Komarov/Clutterbuck. We absolutely don't need to become the Isles. We don't have Trotz as our coach. They aren't the team anyone should be trying to model their team after. They might've not even have made the playoffs with an 82 game season, and now apparently they are the team we need to take after, even though we were better than them in March.

Overvalued until needed, then you are left searching for it.

Not arguing for Tuch, but it would help this team a great deal if we had 2-3 guys in the top nine that played with skill, but Lemieux's attitude.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Overvalued until needed, then you are left searching for it.

Not arguing for Tuch, but it would help this team a great deal if we had 2-3 guys in the top nine that played with skill, but Lemieux's attitude.

Why did we trade for Gauthier? Why even did we trade for Lemieux? At minimum these guys have top 9 potential. Let's give these guys a chance to play the role. The team has these types of players. We don't need to trade for more established versions at this point.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Take out Krebs and Hajek and it would be closer.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Why did we trade for Gauthier? Why even did we trade for Lemieux? At minimum these guys have top 9 potential. Let's give these guys a chance to play the role. The team has these types of players. We don't need to trade for more established versions at this point.

Small sample size, but I've not seen enough out of Gauthier to lump him in that boat.

Also think, with Panarin, Laf and CK, Pepe Jr. Is not a top 9 guy.

But I will concede that they do have an opportunity to change that.

I also think that Laf kind of has that prickish mentality so that a bonus

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Terrible for Vegas. Tuch is on a good contract long term. Krebs has much more potential than Howden. ADA is alright but needs a new deal coming off what's likely a flash in the pan season.

Reactions: Pia8988

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Terrible for Vegas. Tuch is on a good contract long term. Krebs has much more potential than Howden. ADA is alright but needs a new deal coming off what's likely a flash in the pan season.

Whoa, what's your basis for this conclusion?
"likely" asserts probability
suspect he will continue to improve as he has last couple of years

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I think it's a pretty fair deal. Maybe favoring the Rangers a bit. I doubt Vegas would be interested though.

Also, incredible how many people undervalue DeAngelo. A RD pacing for 60 points is pretty darn valuable. Trading ADA feels a lot like trading away a young Sergei Zubov.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Absolutely brutal for the Rangers.

Agreed. Nothing against Tuch, who is a nice player, but if he's the headline coming back for a 50-65 point defenseman then the Rangers have failed to get good enough value in return. He's also the completely wrong position for what the Rangers need to be looking for.

Sorry OP. I don't see this as the right fit for NYR.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Are you sure about that? I wouldn’t be surprised if Theodore scores 70 points next year. He is absolutely dominant offensively.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Whoa, what's your basis for this conclusion?
"likely" asserts probability
suspect he will continue to improve as he has last couple of years

His even strength oiSH% was 12.0, a full 3% better than his career avg and 2.5% better than league avg for 2019-20. Also had 19 powerplay points. Also also started 66.6% of the time in the OZ.

Not saying it was all fluke or anything, just that I think he's more in the 35pt offensive dman variety than the 50+. But since he's coming off a nice season he'll be expecting a contract that pays him like one. Which is probably why he's in every Rangers proposal this offseason.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad