Confirmed with Link: NYR/STL - Tarasenko to NYR

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
To the crowd that says, “we’re not a cup team”. If we were in the bruins position and made this trade youd be saying, “why do we need to give up a 1st in a year were on pace to set the record for most points”.
Idk whatto say. You made up a completely bullshit hypothetical and put words in my mouth that I wouldn't even say in that hypothetical...

We had an extra 1st and received our two biggest holes in return for what is likely one of the last picks in the 1st.
This what they did, yes. Why do you think that magically has to make me happy if i think it was a bad time to do it and won't get us to a cup?

We are going for it, stop complaining
Ive noticed a lot of people here like to be rude af towards other people over hockey opinions. It's hockey. I don't like the trade. so tf what? I think this only compounds several egregious errors the nyr already made. This isnt an attack on u for being hopeful. Its fair criticism of people who don't know we exist. Some of you really cant deal w/ other people's opinions without demanding they stay quiet.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
This isn't set in stone.

Depends entirely on what type of revenue they generate in the spring.
That's not confirmed, it could go up higher if there's a negotiation between the PA and the league or if there's enough HRR generated from a deep playoff run from certain teams.
Oh, i was under the impression it is pretty much set in stone. Apologies.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Damn, solid deal for one of the better goal scoring wingers of the last decade. I think Kreider is the only player with more playoff experience than him.

Getting him early and allowing for more time to acclimate was a big brain move by Drury. Still have concerns with Gallant at the helm but we needed to do something with how competitive the East is this year.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Also, what the f*** is wrong with the morons living in the past? f***ing get over McIlrath and Buchnevich and enjoy the start of another PO war where we're not beggars but strong contenders.
Are we allowed to just blanket call posters morons? People acting like children around here

Also, what the f*** is wrong with the morons living in the past? f***ing get over McIlrath and Buchnevich and enjoy the start of another PO war where we're not beggars but strong contenders.
Are we allowed to just blanket call posters morons? People acting like children around here

Edit: I have no fin clue y this double posted. On my phone it shows this same thing twice but I'm not gonna touch it

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Damn, solid deal for one of the better goal scoring wingers of the last decade. I think Kreider is the only player with more playoff experience than him.

Getting him early and allowing for more time to acclimate was a big brain move by Drury. Still have concerns with Gallant at the helm but we needed to do something with how competitive the East is this year.
The disadvantage is that there is still time for other teams in our division to counter it.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
I - me don’t believe Tarasenko is enough to win the Stanley Cup.

This is NOT trolling - this is my opinion .

We need MORE.

We threw away Lundkvist a player everyone raved about for Zac Jones ( fail )

We took that #1 and bought yet another rental. ( Tarasenko )

A year after burning a #1 on Copp - a year after burning assets on 4 deadline players that left us high & dry .
Assets rolled up and smoked .
Lou Lams didn’t build NJ doing this .

We are burning assets - picks - chips - - 1’s at an alarming rate.

Despite our rebuild despite all the picks - KAM was the first nyr draftee since the Dolan letter to record 3 assists in a game last night.
Chew on that a bit .

So …

Since we’re in the business of burning assets - our remaining #1 should be in play .
Cuylie in play - Lafrenniere in play .

Go for it …

Don’t half go for it …

Kane was there last year - Drury missed - we had a real chance there - instead he “hoped for the best “

So go get Meier now go get a Chycrun go get Connor Garland - Max Domi etc .

You’re either in it to win it ALL or you’re dicking around .

1997 Neil Smith got us Gretzky but he never believed in us - he got him Russ Coutnall and Mike Eastwood instead of elite talent .
We came up 3 wins short of going to the Finals.

2015 came up short

2022 came up short

Ask yourself this ;
Can we beat Tampa - Can we beat Boston

You can bet the Devils - Isles - Caps - Pens and TBL are all going to add Bigger than Tarasenko.

I do agree they need to add a forward. Not a 4th line upgrade, but a .5+ ppg player who is not a black hole in other areas. As the roster stands, it's not winning. We'll be lucky to make the ECF. Adding a middle-6 forward improves the top 9 and depth.

That said, Vetrano was acquired for a 4th. Maybe a similar forward can be had for a 3/4 ,rounder.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Also, as if the Rangers were going to get value out of that first round pick lol.

There’s literally nothing this franchise sucks more at.

I’m almost always in the “play it safe” camp at the TDL, because I just don’t trust this team, but I like this trade a lot.
Yeah, I am same like you. Safe is not always death, especially with our previous GM's.
"Jury is still out on Drury". Pretty poetic, isn't it? No GM is perfect, but this makes me feel happier in thinking he didn't get ripped off AGAIN, by the same team.
Ironic, how the Blues get Sammy back. He was useful once for them, and useless for us. I am SURE that he will be useful again for THEM, obviously they feel the same.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
rentals are fine if you have a real shot at the cup.

We know this team isn't perfect but they do have a shot at the cup with this roster. Maybe not odds on favorite but they have talent up front a solid group of defenseman lead by one of the best in the league, and a top goalie who could turn it on and win a series by himself.

Adding a rental that helps out not only the top line but also the team depth isn't a bad thing especially when you still have draft picks
And you still have all of your top prospects. It was a great trade.

Reactions: Bread4Life

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
I do agree they need to add a forward. Not a 4th line upgrade, but a .5+ ppg player who is not a black hole in other areas. As the roster stands, it's not winning. We'll be lucky to make the ECF. Adding a middle-6 forward improves the top 9 and depth.

That said, Vetrano was acquired for a 4th. Maybe a similar forward can be had for a 3/4 ,rounder.
Outstanding post - couldn’t agree more .
Why not have too much of a good thing instead of maybe just enough .

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
1676080720408.png

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
So you are suggesting we send another 1st rounder and a guy like Othmann (thinking Kravtsov holds any kind of value is lol) to SJ for Meier, and then a 2nd/3rd whatever to say Arizona to hold 1,5mil? For another rental?

Yeah, not going to happen.
It's not a rental if you own the players rights. If they can't resign Meier this summer that can trade him and recouped some of the value they traded to get him in the first place. He's an RFA.

I think you misunderstood. The rangers don't have the cap room for Meier even if they wanted to get him. They literally have maybe $1.6 mill available at the deadline to add a player.
If that's true my mistake, be I believe they have more space than that with the contracts that just went out.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Oh, i was under the impression it is pretty much set in stone. Apologies.
The cap isn't going to stay at 1mil this summer. Bettmans mo is always this kind of line in the sand and the pa always gives up something the owners value just so the owners agree to something that both the league and pa want anyways. It's historically comical. The teams and the players want the cap to go up more than 1m, it's going to happen unless bettman decides he needs to turn the screws to the new head of the pa, but he will look foolish when teams literally can't field cap compliant rosters next fall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad