Confirmed with Link: NYR signed Vinni Lettieri

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So why when I said about 1-2 weeks ago that he should’ve been called up as well you said no if you agree he should’ve made it out of camp?

He could have, based on what he showed in the pre-season. And there was definitely enough to justify it. I am just very cautious when judging players based on pre-season games. Nejezchleb was good a few years ago and he didn't even stick in the ECHL.

The big difference between Lettieri and Nieves at the time was that Nieves had already shown what he can do at the NHL level. NHL pre-season isn't NHL level to me. Not with the amount of PTOs, prospects and AHL players on teams.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
He could have, based on what he showed in the pre-season. And there was definitely enough to justify it. I am just very cautious when judging players based on pre-season games. Nejezchleb was good a few years ago and he didn't even stick in the ECHL.

The big difference between Lettieri and Nieves at the time was that Nieves had already shown what he can do at the NHL level. NHL pre-season isn't NHL level to me. Not with the amount of PTOs, prospects and AHL players on teams.
Interesting. That’s different than what you said when I proposed him getting a few games up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad