Confirmed with Link: NYR signed Vinni Lettieri

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'd love to see what Zipay's "trying to confirm" entails.

Pressing F5 on Twitter to see if the official account tweets something?

And then tweeting out the confirmation 45 minutes after he sees it on Twitter, yes.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Pretty good timing if ur Lettieri, Wolf Pack has like all their Cs injured, will probably take a place as the 2C in the next game, 3C at worst.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Is there any doubt that Zipay is the Jerry of the Rangers beat?

Oh my god, Jerry, when you check your email you go to Altavista and type 'please go to Yahoo.com'?

The company I work for still has Altavista under "Useful Links" on the intranet and I always think of this scene when I see it :laugh:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
So, what's the word on Vinni?

Here's what I found:

He is a very quick and explosive skater so he generates his sheer offensive with his skating abilities. He shows that he has a knack around the net with good vision.

His father, Tino, is a former professional goalkeeper who played 11 seasons of professional soccer, including a four-year stint with the Minnesota Kicks of the North American Soccer League.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
He's likely going to be nothing more than AHL depth. But that's good. We need that right now.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He's likely going to be nothing more than AHL depth. But that's good. We need that right now.

He can be the next Ryan Haggerty, sure. But who knows... The fact that he went undrafted is usually a sign that the raw talent to make it is missing. There are not that many undrafted players who go through college and then have a stellar NHL career. If he turns out to be a 3rd line winger, getting 30 points it is still a great pickup.

A free asset is never a bad thing

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
He can be the next Ryan Haggerty, sure. But who knows... The fact that he went undrafted is usually a sign that the raw talent to make it is missing. There are not that many undrafted players who go through college and then have a stellar NHL career. If he turns out to be a 3rd line winger, getting 30 points it is still a great pickup.

Agreed!
Especially since the Black Hawks were supposedly also very interested in signing him...

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Well, if he can get us the next Anti Raanta then who cares? ;)

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Don't be fooled by his underclass stats. Minnesota has a caste system that gives the most playing time to upper classmen. Same thing happened to Brady Skeji. One of the many reasons NHL managers immensely dislike the Minnesota program for developing their prospects. If he makes the big squad someday, Vinni can be my cousin.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
This guy have any potential or what? Another good player for free? Gorton out!

Scouting report:
Lettieri was one of the better defensive forwards in the NCAA due to his speed and instincts, and I think those skills translate to the pro level. The question is whether he can continue his offensive progression. It shouldn’t take too long for Lettieri to be a contributor at the AHL level, and with some development he could become a versatile bottom-six forward who features on the penalty kill.

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2017...angers-to-land-ncaa-free-agent-vinni-lettieri

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Don't be fooled by his underclass stats. Minnesota has a caste system that gives the most playing time to upper classmen. Same thing happened to Brady Skeji. One of the many reasons NHL managers immensely dislike the Minnesota program for developing their prospects. If he makes the big squad someday, Vinni can be my cousin.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->