Confirmed with Link: NYR sign Pavel Buchnevich [2 yrs, $3.25M AAV]

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Interesting to me the Rangers didn't wait until Monday to finalize this to try and extend that buyout window as long as possible. I can only assume they have a feel for the trade market by now and know what they're going to do to clear space.
The buyout window doesn’t start now, it starts Monday regardless. It is 48 hours from when their last arbitration cases was scheduled for.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
The buyout window doesn’t start now, it starts Monday regardless. It is 48 hours from when their last arbitration cases was scheduled for.

It's 3 days from when they settled or the award was handed out and lasts for 48 hours. So if they got a deal done before arbitration on Monday, they could have in theory pushed the final day of the window out until Saturday. Would have bought a few extra days to make moves if they needed it.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Interesting that Gorton signed Buch on a Friday night. I don’t believe the weekend days count towards the time limit for their buyout window. Gives more time to have the full picture in front of him

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It's 3 days from when they settled or the award was handed out and lasts for 48 hours. So if they got a deal done before arbitration on Monday, they could have in theory pushed the final day of the window out until Saturday. Would have bought a few extra days to make moves if they needed it.
Meh I would Gorton already has his moves lined up.

Reactions: Siddi

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
About 250-500K over what I expected so not bad

Woulda liked something with more term but I can understand a bridge.

Trade Kreider or Namestnikov and lets get this thing going

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
soft euro

enigmatic russian

moody

otherwise, good deal

happy hes back

now get ADA done and move CK plus buy out/dump any dman with an S last name and lets start camp already.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
We all knew from the reports that he only wanted a 2 year deal.. he is signed to a very nice bridge deal for himself. Which may be why some people mentioned that buch could be on the block after being signed. I'm sure the rangers wanted a long term deal with him so in my eyes, the rangers must be thinking that if he doesnt want to be here long term then find someone who will want to while giving more trade leverage to them by having buch for 2 more seasons

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Amazing deal, even though I would have much preferred longer term (5x5). Still, a bridge made sense I guess. Curious to see if Gorton plans to go bridge or long term for ADA. If we didn’t already have so much money and term invested in d-men like Skjei, Shattenkirk, Smith, and Staal, I could see a 5 year deal for him. But if ADA were to bust on a long term deal, the value of our NHL defense would be the worst in the league.

I would hope we can still trade two of Shattenkirk, Namestnikov, Kreider, or Strome. Possibly together to get ok value back (like Kreider + Shattenkirk), or add a sweetener like Howden or Hajek to Shattenkirk and get back a 2nd/3rd. I don’t get how Zaitsev, Lucic, Clarkson, and Marleau can get traded, while apparently no one can take on Shattenkirk’s contract. Gorton must be asking for value back, while other GMs see it as a cap dump. There’s no other way.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Correct. The buyout window expires on Wednesday

I would think that if he’s right about weekend days, the buyout window would open on Tuesday and expire on Friday.

Granted, I’m not sure and can’t research right now. So if someone else wants to look into that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad