Confirmed with Link: NYR sign Pavel Buchnevich [2 yrs, $3.25M AAV]

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
God I hope the boys read through this thread and jib Buch for it as a joke.

"ohhhhh Paaaaaaavvvveeeellllll deary...*kiss kiss*....I see on the Internets you're an out of shape slob who can't even hocky"

Reactions: JCProdigy

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Reactions: Richard Banger

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Yeah I know what hockey players look like. Just saying, this was a guy who had conditioning issues and he doesn't look particularly well-conditioned. To reiterate--probably nothing. In fact, if the boat picture is most recent, then definitely nothing.
That's the problem people just look at players and make they're assumptions. They don't have the data to back up what they are claiming. They don't know what Buch Co2 and o2 levels are. They also don't know his BMI. Its just plain dumb to make assumptions off of a picture. But oh well that's the day and age we live in.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Do you know how much the average pro football player can bench and deadlift? Look it up it's insane.

What amazes me is how big, strong and fast so many players are yet they get cut and never crack the NFL b/c they simply aren’t good enough.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
What amazes me is how big, strong and fast so many players are yet they get cut and never crack the NFL b/c they simply aren’t good enough.
I’ve learned that former college football players who don’t make it pro make for good security muscle that the good guys can beat up on for filler until the real bad guys get their comeuppance in the last few chapters #jackreacher

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I had to dig an eternity to find a thread about this guy. So, he's playing with Zibanejad and Panarin and he's doing it well so far. What is your take on him? Will he have an outbreak year? Will he just be a good chemistry lock with the other two who also like fast puck movement and mobility? Or will he eventually lose his spot for someone else?

Buchnevich has struggled to find his game in the NHL and the NYR for many years now. What is his future? If he could be a great budget choice for the 1st line, that would be amazing. Or is this his outbreak year as well?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
there are good reasons for optimism,
that give-and-go w Zib was a beauty

if it takes Panarin's example, to get him to work hard every stride, at both ends, be offensively aggressive and creative every entry, thank you Artemi

we have seen Buch's upside often, it will be great to see if he becomes consistently very good this season

Last edited:

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Looks like a breakout season for him imo. That first line is going to be fun to watch all season. And I like having Kakko on the second line to distribute the talent.

Hopefully we will see a Chytil-Kravstov-Kakko or Kravstov-Chytil-Kakko line soon enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad