Confirmed with Link: NYR sign Dryden Hunt

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
That's exactly what this type of move is.

Hunt still has room for growth in his game as well. He's probably one of the more under-the-radar players we have on the roster right now.
I hope so, I felt going into camp he had no spot with Reaves here and Rooney being a center.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I hope so, I felt going into camp he had no spot with Reaves here and Rooney being a center.

I don't think Reaves is going to be an every-game starter.

Plus you have to think we will be missing at least one forward for probably 50-60 of the regular season games for various reasons, so I think he will get to play plenty if he ends up #13 on the depth chart.

The question is if there's an injury in the top 9 does Gallant prefer to call up one of Pajuniemi or Barron instead of promoting Blais or Hunt.

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT

Plus you have to think we will be missing at least one forward for probably 50-60 of the regular season games for various reasons, so I think he will get to play plenty if he ends up #13 on the depth chart.

The question is if there's an injury in the top 9 does Gallant prefer to call up one of Pajuniemi or Barron instead of promoting Blais or Hunt.

I have been getting the impression Reaves is going to be a regular on the 4th line, just through the amount of face time he gets with the press and how Gallant has spoken about him. I am hoping Barron replaces Rooney.

Reactions: egelband

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I have been getting the impression Reaves is going to be a regular on the 4th line, just through the amount of face time he gets with the press and how Gallant has spoken about him. I am hoping Barron replaces Rooney.
I think Barron is going to fit better in a 3rd line role. Not that he couldn’t center the 4th line, I just think he has more offense to his game. His shot is legit dangerous. I’d like to see him with more offensive guys that can set him up to use it. I also think they want him on the team straight outta camp, but right now there’s too many bodies. I wonder how Drury is going to address it, or he’ll just put Barron in the A and call him up on the first injury because he can’t be plucked on waivers until a trade is made a little further down the line.
I also think Gallant sees Reaves as an everyday player. He is 34 however, he’s not going to be playing too much longer. Hunt is a really nice insurance policy atm. I’m curious to see how this rotation is going to work. My guess, they were also covering themselves on a Blais injury too. He has missed some time as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Number 9

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

I don't agree re: Reaves, he's been a regular sans injury most of his career.

I do wonder what would happen in the top 9 instance.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Reaves is going to play every game The Rangers didn't bring him here to be the 13th and Gallant loves him. He has played every game he's been healthy barring your ad hoc scratch here or there.

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
Does Dury trade jones, halek and gautier for draft picks or reclamation projects. My feel jones is too small at 175lbs.. looks good but he going to get killed in the corners as well as in front of the net..

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I remember people saying that instead of wasting money on Goodrow, you find the next Goodrow.

Guess we did both.

If we ever have a deep playoff run, this guy will be the flavor of the summer and make a lot of money.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Do we think Hunt can give us Fast level production on that line? I'll be ok if he does, as long as he's not a complete non-factor offensively. Last game was a good start.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Do we think Hunt can give us Fast level production on that line? I'll be ok if he does, as long as he's not a complete non-factor offensively. Last game was a good start.
Probably.

They're almost the same player except Hunt shoots more.

FFVKiyPXMAQ1GXp

Granted, Hunt spent his entire career doing mop-up duty so far and Fast spent a large chunk of his career facing Panarin's competition.

Although I think competition mostly disappears over very, very large samples.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Dryden needs to call Jesper Fast and ask him all about maximizing profits while riding window seat in the Breadman/Stromer love boat.

I think he's going to be better than Fast on that line.

Reactions: Ola and egelband

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Hunt has to be like, lowkey, one of the better forecheckers in all of hockey. He uses every ounce of his skill he has to win puck battles and keep the puck moving from his speed, center of gravity, positioning on the boards, and his stickwork. There's a reason he's "worked" on basically every line so far.

Really happy we have him for two years. If he ever played on a good team in his life, he'd have been way more expensive.

Also wish he got to beat up Wahlstrom lol

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Hunt has to be like, lowkey, one of the better forecheckers in all of hockey. He uses every ounce of his skill he has to win puck battles and keep the puck moving from his speed, center of gravity, positioning on the boards, and his stickwork. There's a reason he's "worked" on basically every line so far.

Really happy we have him for two years. If he ever played on a good team in his life, he'd have been way more expensive.

When I saw what he was doing on the fourth line, I thought, why can't Gallant use that on one of the top two lines, which were desperately in need of it?

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008

His legs never stop moving when he's along the boards.

Reactions: CasusBelli

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I was at the game in Vegas and saw Hunt drop his stick around center ice and head straight for the locker room. Didn't look like he could move his arm. Did they mention anything on the broadcast?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I was at the game in Vegas and saw Hunt drop his stick around center ice and head straight for the locker room. Didn't look like he could move his arm. Did they mention anything on the broadcast?
Assign to injury list yesterday cited upper-body

Reactions: will1066

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad