Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Ryan Reaves signs extension with the Rangers (1 year, $1.75M)

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If people cannot see the transformation in attitude that has occurred on this team since Reaves andGallant arrived, I don't know what you watch. Last year this team found ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. This year they hang in there and body punch with their bottom two lines until something gives and they find a way to win. This is a young squad. Having a poppa around like Reaves to be a stopper if someone starts running crazy and more importantly to back the young kids up with confidence if they start getting pushed around is a big deal in this game. Reaves is not here to score goals. He plays a physical game. He hits. How many teams come calling in him when he puts the body on someone? None. He's a valuable part of this team even of stat nerds can't find it on their spreadsheets.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Chris Simon did nothing for the Rangers.

I would rate Reaves more like Colton Orr. Orr had a huge impact on the Rangers.

If Reaves fought more. He would be more like Joey Kocur.
I kinda disagree.
Kocur didn't fight much by the time he was on NY, everyone knew better. I don't think he was nearly the hitter
Reaves is. Reaves finishes alot of nights with 5 or more big hits. I don't recall Kocur or Orr being anywhere near the threat Reaves is there. People just knew either one could change your life if you dropped the gloves with them.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Beyond the threat of fighting, Reaves is an exceptionally heavy forecheck player. He consistently chips the puck around d men with the singular focus to punish them and retrieve the puck. He knows what he is and how best to contribute to a team. He is a fantastic addition to any team's roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad