Confirmed Buy-Out [NYR] Rangers buy-out Deangelo (383k cap hit year 1, 883k cap hit year 2)

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Yes, very fantastic with depicting cops as pigs and glorifying Castro.

iu

Reactions: mj2sexay

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Yes, very fantastic with depicting cops as pigs

“I wore these socks, in the past, because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also put the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust,”
-Kaepernick

and glorifying Castro.

"I agree with the investment in education. I also agree with the investment in free universal health care as well as the involvement in helping end apartheid in South Africa,"

"I would hope that everybody agrees those things are good things. And trying to push the false narrative that I was a supporter of the oppressive things that he did is just not true."
-Kaepernick

I'm sure there's probably a better example than Castro out there that shares those beliefs without the whole human rights violation thing but a little disingenuous on your part to call him out on that without providing the full context.

Anyway so Tony D....

Reactions: mel and bigbabybuda

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
-Kaepernick

-Kaepernick

I'm sure there's probably a better example than Castro out there that shares those beliefs without the whole human rights violation thing but a little disingenuous on your part to call him out on that without providing the full context.

Anyway so Tony D....

il_794xN.3249181979_mm4k.jpg

iu

He can say whatever he wants after the fact. Truth is, if he said it before. I would have bought it. After you get called out, easy to make some lame excuse of why you did it.

I won't derail the thread any further.

Reactions: mj2sexay

generalshepherd141

Jun 12, 2017
America
Why are politics being dragged into this? Get out of here with that crap

Bottom line is DeAngelo is very obviously a locker room cancer. It's a no brainer for the Rangers to dump him, and I'd be surprised if any team picks him up.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Why are politics being dragged into this? Get out of here with that crap

It appears that this might be the final straw for DeAngelo in New York. In addition to his poor play this season (1 point in six games and a minus-6), the Rangers have seemingly grown tired of the defenseman's conduct away from the ice. His behavior on social media has drawn criticism, enough to the point where he's been disciplined by the team on several occasions. He recently deactivated his Twitter account and promised to move to the social media site Parler.

I just assume you don't know his background to ask that kind of question?

He can say whatever he wants after the fact.

Aka providing clarification when asked about it.

Truth is, if he said it before. I would have bought it.

I mean if you listened to the guys core message he has.

Last edited:

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Yup he has had issues. I'm not sure he is as bad as people make him out to be.

I'll take Marc Staal's word on it:

------------------------------------------------------------

" Marc Staal is as well respected around the league as it gets. He was DeAngelo’s on-ice partner most of the past two seasons before the veteran was sent to Detroit this offseason. The pair developed a bond off the ice, as well.

“There has never been any indication at all that Tony has racist tendencies,” No. 18 told The Post. “I hear these things about him, and it’s as if they’re talking about a different person. The guys here in Detroit, they’re all super-curious about him.

“I feel bad for him, to be honest. Whether it’s the junior stuff that warps into this, I don’t know. He’s a lightning rod, and yeah, he yells at coaches and referees and he has these moments where he goes overboard, but he’s a good teammate.

“Racist? I’m telling you, some of this stuff is just insane.”
Whoa whoa whoa. Get out of here with this nonsense. Everyone knows that Twitter users know better than Marc.

No but Marc Staal is a king and he’s right.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think a team like Arizona picks him up. He's super controversial but he's good at hockey, and Arizona has shown in the past that they will overlook this sort of stuff if the player is good at hockey.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
It’s funny because if he was a bad or average player, he wouldn’t nearly be talked about as much. He’s one of the most talented defensemen I’ve ever seen.

Hate almost always comes from below

lol no if he was avg or bad dmen he’d be in the KHL already.

This just proves the better player you are the more you can get away with

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Isn't he the GM whose team just reached the Stanley Cup finals? Maybe his wardrobe choices are out there but a team could do worse in terms of his ability to assemble a roster.
and he did it by not using any of his 1st or 2nd round picks or his good prospects

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The only problem I am worried about him is the locker room issue

who cares if he is a jerk, I am not looking for nice guys from my sports teams. Most athletes I have dealt with in real life are stuck up anyway.

Nyrtrublue1

Dec 25, 2018
il_794xN.3249181979_mm4k.jpg

iu

He can say whatever he wants after the fact. Truth is, if he said it before. I would have bought it. After you get called out, easy to make some lame excuse of why you did it.

I won't derail the thread any further.

Those sock are disgusting but is there any way to be sure those are Kappernick's legs in them? I mean the photoshopped picture in the front seems to be him, but the background picture could be anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00