Confirmed Buy-Out [NYR] Rangers buy-out Deangelo (383k cap hit year 1, 883k cap hit year 2)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Those sock are disgusting but is there any way to be sure those are Kappernick's legs in them? I mean the photoshopped picture in the front seems to be him, but the background picture could be anyone.

He literally admitted that it was him.

I think a team like Arizona picks him up. He's super controversial but he's good at hockey, and Arizona has shown in the past that they will overlook this sort of stuff if the player is good at hockey.

Agreed, plus not a ton of media attention on them so there won't be any distractions.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Well no, because Kaep is a fantastic representative for a team, while DeAngelo is the opposite. It’s not any more complicated than that.

it’s not “authoritarian” to have no issue with a team buying out this piece of work because he’s a peace of work, and whining about authoritarianism in a thread about a single hockey player is pretty emotional and kinda funny.

tenor.gif

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Welcome to Montreal Deangelo.
We will bunk you with Mailloux at training camp.

DeAngelo was placed on waivers back in February, and was sent home after he cleared. He will become a free agent following the buyout, and subsequently free to sign with any team in the league. The Rangers were willing to mutually terminate DeAngelo’s contract in April so he could become a free agent, and the Montreal Canadiens were one of the teams very interested in his services.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
FYI, Kaepernick opted out of his contract after 2016 season (the one where he started kneeling). Different cases.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Ah yes, the usual go to for absolute authoritarians that want to punish people based on speech they find objectionable.

While technically correct, you'd never see them make that argument re: someone like Kaepernick.

Did Kaepernick create burner accounts on twitter talking crap about team mates? Was Kaepernick a locker room cancer? Not a single team would have thrown TDA out if he quietly kneeled during the anthem.

Newsflash buddy, Rangers owner is a republican and so Is their new recent Norris winner. This has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with TDA being a garbage human being.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattihp

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Did Kaepernick create burner accounts on twitter talking crap about team mates? Was Kaepernick a locker room cancer? Not a single team would have thrown TDA out if he quietly kneeled during the anthem.

Newsflash buddy, Rangers owner is a republican and so Is their new recent Norris winner. This has nothing to do about politics and everything to do about TDA being a garbage human being.
You are it has nothing to do with politics except when everyone wants rip a big mouth , dumb ass and then turn around and defend a guy that disrespects a country that has made a very rich man........I will take the big mouth dumb ass and hope for improvement in the man.......

Reactions: mj2sexay

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Like a lot of posters and the public, ADA hasn’t learned when to keep his mouth shut. One day he may and hopefully for him it will be before his only marketable skill diminishes.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
You are it has nothing to do with politics except when everyone wants rip a big mouth , dumb ass and then turn around and defend a guy that disrespects a country that has made a very rich man........I will take the big mouth dumb ass and hope for improvement in the man.......

GlitteringDearestFantail-small.gif

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Would love him on the Penguins. Most of the shit about him is just rumours.
I do not want him anywhere near the Penguins. That he is a cancer in the locker room seems like more than just a rumor at this point; it seems like a fact.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
lol no if he was avg or bad dmen he’d be in the KHL already.

This just proves the better player you are the more you can get away with
That’s what I’m saying. Look at Kevin Durant. No one cares that he’s a homophobe. But I think there are other reasons why there is a double standard for him (Durant), other than the fact that he’s a superstar.

Reactions: Casanova and bl02

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
I do not want him anywhere near the Penguins. That he is a cancer in the locker room seems like more than just a rumor at this point; it seems like a fact.

Funny.

He didn't become a "cancer" until his third year with New York - when the Rangers changed defense coaches and started playing guys like Brendan Smith, K'Andre Miller, and Ryan Lindgren more than him?

Perhaps if he played with a coach that knows his game and gives him ice time he gets back to putting up points.

Wonder if that guy is out there anywhere?

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Funny.

He didn't become a "cancer" until his third year with New York - when the Rangers changed defense coaches and started playing guys like Brendan Smith, K'Andre Miller, and Ryan Lindgren more than him?

Perhaps if he played with a coach that knows his game and gives him ice time he gets back to putting up points.

Wonder if that guy is out there anywhere?

If he wants to be used correctly he shouldn't get anywhere near Sullivan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad