Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Rangers agree to terms with Shestyorkin and Kravtsov (official in May)

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Where’s Rykov at though

Figuring out our goalie problem is gonna be tough as well, what the hell do we do with all 3 of Shestyorkin, Hank, and Georgiev? Maybe start Shesty in the AHL like Samsonov and then trade Georgiev at the TDL?

Edit-
Also in case anyone wants to know more about Kravtsov, here’s a 10 min highlight video of this season (#74 in black/white)

Last edited:
Reactions: Golden Puppers

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Well we knew Krav was fer sure comin.

Shesty, too, means Georgiev is on the block for the right price.
We COULD be cautious and be sure about Shesty first, but no reason to do that if ample immediate help is on the table.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think it’d be best considering Hajek and Lindgren are both NHL ready LHD as well

welcome to the new name!
not that i had a beef with the old one.

Yeah, I think he may well be ready for 3rd line and I see Hajek and Lindgren both ready to take top pairs. Move Skjei now if good enough offer, fair value, get the young assets.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
welcome to the new name!
not that i had a beef with the old one.
Yeah, I think he may well be ready for 3rd line and I see Hajek and Lindgren both ready to take top pairs. Move Skjei now if good enough offer, fair value, get the young assets.
Thanks berns even though I already regret the name change

Skjei should stay until Hajek and Lindgren have proven something first, throwing them on the top pair without thoroughly developing them is exactly what contributed to ruining Skjei imo. I think Hajek can surprise some people though while I don’t see Lindgren being much more than a defensive 4D, similar to McQuaid in some ways but a better skater

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Shets said if he has to play in Hartford he will. Let him start there. Unless the Sabres or EDM or Florida wants a goalie. then Georgie can be dealt

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Well we knew Krav was fer sure comin.

Shesty, too, means Georgiev is on the block for the right price.
We COULD be cautious and be sure about Shesty first, but no reason to do that if ample immediate help is on the table.

Let him start in the AHL unless he gives you no choice in training camp / pre-season.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Thanks berns even though I already regret the name change

Skjei should stay until Hajek and Lindgren have proven something first, throwing them on the top pair without thoroughly developing them is exactly what contributed to ruining Skjei imo. I think Hajek can surprise some people though while I don’t see Lindgren being much more than a defensive 4D, similar to McQuaid in some ways but a better skater

If we are mindful of one detail, we are on the same page.
Either the guys are actually ready, or close to ready, or they are not.
If not, then I agree with you.
If close enough, then seize opportunity.

Circumstances including timing will dictate the return for Skjei.
Deal him later, he could get more, he could get less.

Besides, we have more than enuf actual/potential stopgap options if the 3 prospects are not ready for prime time.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Kakko and Kravtsov is a hell of a 1-2 punch at rw.

Shestyorkin is a stud as well

They just need to fix their awful defense and they'll be a good team for a long time.

Also, does this mean you guys can trade Georgiev to Edmonton now?

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
I think it’d be best considering Hajek and Lindgren are both NHL ready LHD as well

on our board, i noted as/near NHL ready: Kravtsov, Kakko, Lias, Chytil, and Howden up front, and Rykov, Lindgren, Hajek, Pionk, on D, and Igor/Georgie at G.

There is a lot of competition for youngster roster slots. not all of them will make it. 4-5 of them will need homes elsewhere this season.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
They just need to fix their awful defense and they'll be a good team for a long time.

Also, does this mean you guys can trade Georgiev to Edmonton now?

Sure, if it helps us fix our god awful defense

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018

Skjei is still around. ADA broke out this season. Pionk is a decent bottom-pair. Then we have Rykov, Lindgren, Hajek close to ready, then Miller, Lindqvist, Reunanen further off, but all had great development seasons this year.

We are missing a big #1 stud D guy, but the rest are filling in nicely in the future.

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
You can have any d prospect not named Bouchard or Jones... We'll add a 2nd or 3rd as well depending on who you pick.

Cool, we’ll take Soderstrom at 8 :)

As much as Georgiev is a good fit in Edmonton, I don’t think Edmonton has realistic desirable D prospects for NYR. Bear is decent but we already have a handful of similar players.

Big day for the Rangers. Getting Shesty and Vitali over is a huge deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad