Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Rangers agree to terms with Shestyorkin and Kravtsov (official in May)

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Cool, we’ll take Soderstrom at 8 :)

As much as Georgiev is a good fit in Edmonton, I don’t think Edmonton has realistic desirable D prospects for NYR. Bear is decent but we already have a handful of similar players.

Big day for the Rangers. Getting Shesty and Vitali over is a huge deal.
Would love to get Soderstrom at 8

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers are gearing up to have the best hockey name team in the league.
It all starts with getting top prospects, but they have to pan out, and then you still need to add good players. It's a start in the right direction, but best team in a few years? Too early to tell.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Just shocking to me that any team would load up on Russian players the way the rangers do. It's concerning enough that they can disappear to the KHL...

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Just shocking to me that any team would load up on Russian players the way the rangers do. It's concerning enough that they can disappear to the KHL...

Better than loading up on players like Stamkos that can disappear in the playoffs.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I see no reason why Lias cannot be a good NHL player, but he was hyped as a DAY ONE 3rd line NHL center to begin with.
Remember when we took Malhotra at #6 and everyone lost their minds wjen Muckler called him a third liner, then he would up being pretty mich a perfect third liner. Point is, you need a third liner, too. Granted #7 is a little high, but you could do worse than having your #3C spot locked down for 10-12 years with a first rounder. Not everyone is going to the HOF. I think he will be just fine. If they took Chytil first and Lias second, does anyone have a problem?

Reactions: klingsor

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
Remember when we took Malhotra at #6 and everyone lost their minds wjen Muckler called him a third liner, then he would up being pretty mich a perfect third liner. Point is, you need a third liner, too. Granted #7 is a little high, but you could do worse than having your #3C spot locked down for 10-12 years with a first rounder. Not everyone is going to the HOF. I think he will be just fine. If they took Chytil first and Lias second, does anyone have a problem?

I don't have a problem.

The only problem I have (and I'm guilty of it myself) is pencilling in draft picks before they've even played in training camp.

Ever since Lundmark and Brendl I try to curb the enthusiasm. Posters telling me that not only was Garth Murray going to be a great 3rd line center bUt a future NY Rangers' Captain makes me not want to jump the gun with these guys.

Reactions: SML2

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don't have a problem.

The only problem I have (and I'm guilty of it myself) is pencilling in draft picks before they've even played in training camp.

Ever since Lundmark and Brendl I try to curb the enthusiasm. Posters telling me that not only was Garth Murray going to be a great 3rd line center bUt a future NY Rangers' Captain makes me not want to jump the gun with these guys.
I know you've seen a lot of players come and go. Next year's players are always stars. You're right. I don't get too excited about the potential. The tests mean more.

Reactions: klingsor

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I would kill to see the Rangers somehow trade into the Top 5-7 picks and land Bowen Byram. I know, we're already guarantee Hughes or Kakko, I'm greedy - but Byram is going to be a monster on somebody's blueline. We have the pieces to swing that deal.

There's a simple answer - swap picks with the Hawks and take Byram after the Hawks take Kakko. The Hawks would have to sweeten the deal but it might be doable. What do ya think?

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
There's a simple answer - swap picks with the Hawks and take Byram after the Hawks take Kakko. The Hawks would have to sweeten the deal but it might be doable. What do ya think?

Ummm, no. NYR will take either of Kakko or Hughes, whomever the Dev's don't take.

Reactions: slg1963

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
You wouldn't be able to stomach the amount it would take for the Rangers to consider that deal

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
lol these hawks fans coming here with their cute “trying to move down hehe” spiel, you already have Kane and Toews, you’re not getting Kakko.

Reactions: slg1963

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

Sure. Debrincat+3OA for 2OA works for me

Edit: Why not add Boqvist too. Boqvist, Debrincat, 3OA for 2 OA

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
The metropolitan division keeps on getting rougher. Huge infusion of talent to NYR. NJD will finally get their offensive wizard (I love Hischier, but he's not that). Even if the Penguins decline (didn't like what I saw from Malkin, Letang & Kessell, but Crosby is fine), the division is deadly. Philadelphia has great young talent, and they finally got their goalie. Aho is a star, and the Canes have stellar D. NYI have Barzal and a deep young D-corps just entering their prime. CBJ is a total wild card after this season, but at the very least they'll have a base of Seth Jones and PL Dubois to build around. And Washington is still a great team top to bottom.

Man, what a rough division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad