Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Rangers agree to terms with Shestyorkin and Kravtsov (official in May)

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
I would kill to see the Rangers somehow trade into the Top 5-7 picks and land Bowen Byram. I know, we're already guarantee Hughes or Kakko, I'm greedy - but Byram is going to be a monster on somebody's blueline. We have the pieces to swing that deal.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I would kill to see the Rangers somehow trade into the Top 5-7 picks and land Bowen Byram. I know, we're already guarantee Hughes or Kakko, I'm greedy - but Byram is going to be a monster on somebody's blueline. We have the pieces to swing that deal.
Why would a team that's in the top 5-7 range give up that pick for lesser picks and bottom 6 players? Which is pretty much all you'd want to part with.

It's a pipe dream.

Reactions: SML2

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Why would a team that's in the top 5-7 range give up that pick for lesser picks and bottom 6 players? Which is pretty much all you'd want to part with.

It's a pipe dream.

Where did I say I'd trade bottom six and lesser picks? At least ask me first. ;-) All I said was I'd love to see us find a way to get it done.

If a team wanted Kreider in a sign and trade plus the WPG 1st and a 2nd to get their pick - say Buffalo - I think that's fair value. If they would want a different top six player, that's also fair.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I sure hope these guys are more ready than the "NHL-Ready" Lias Andersson was (and still is).
Lias Andersson has looked good since the call up. Sure we thought he’d be NHL ready a little earlier but that was only due to his great defensive game. His skating has held him back a lot

Reactions: pld459666

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Where did I say I'd trade bottom six and lesser picks? At least ask me first. ;-) All I said was I'd love to see us find a way to get it done.

If a team wanted Kreider in a sign and trade plus the WPG 1st and a 2nd to get their pick - say Buffalo - I think that's fair value. If they would want a different top six player, that's also fair.
That is actually a fair deal. I'd do that for #8.

But the thing is Byram won't fall past Detroit at 6. So you'd have to trade with LA/Colorado/Chicago who would all much rather hold onto their picks and just draft at that spot.

Reactions: bl02

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
7B6A6B40-ADE5-4D6D-B57C-9DDAC6AFC30A.jpeg

Reactions: Kupo

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I can't believe people think anyone else is going to give up a top 10 pick. You don't get to walk away with everything. Think of how you would feel if we traded down out of the top ten. You'd be furious. The GMs of other teams have to answer to their fans as well. It's not all a feeder program for us.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018

Sign and trades are rare in the NHL. The only benefit is that you can do 8 years instead of 7 and honestly I think that's a long deal for a guy like Kreider.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
we traded for the 7th OA just two years ago. Its not outlandish.

Stepan+Raanta for the 7th OA + ADA, is not far off from a package of Kreider+22nd OA for a 7-9 OA
It's not impossible, but the way the chips fall this year, nobody who has top ten pick is a Kreider away from being a playoff team. It more the sellers lining up wrong than idea that a top ten is available. None of them are in win now mode and they are all in similar or equal rebuilds.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's not impossible, but the way the chips fall this year, nobody who has top ten pick is a Kreider away from being a playoff team. It more the sellers lining up wrong than idea that a top ten is available. None of them are in win now mode and they are all in similar or equal rebuilds.
Kreider has a year left on his deal. And not eligible to extend until after the draft so it’s a big gamble for an Edm and Van.

Leaves Buf and Ana. Anaheim needs to find out what their young forwards can do. Buffalo, see how much they feel they need to take a step. Detroit should keep their pick.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Skjei is still around. ADA broke out this season. Pionk is a decent bottom-pair. Then we have Rykov, Lindgren, Hajek close to ready, then Miller, Lindqvist, Reunanen further off, but all had great development seasons this year.

We are missing a big #1 stud D guy, but the rest are filling in nicely in the future.

Sounds like you guys need to pass on Kakko for Byram

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Where’s Rykov at though

Figuring out our goalie problem is gonna be tough as well, what the hell do we do with all 3 of Shestyorkin, Hank, and Georgiev? Maybe start Shesty in the AHL like Samsonov and then trade Georgiev at the TDL?

Edit-
Also in case anyone wants to know more about Kravtsov, here’s a 10 min highlight video of this season (#74 in black/white)

Only thing with waiting to move Georgiev at the TDL is that his value likely won’t be higher than it is now. He had some huge games, especially in the 2nd half and teams tend to address their goalie issues in the summer more than at the TDL. If they’re sold on Shestyorkin (they should be) I think they should pull the trigger this summer

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
That is actually a fair deal. I'd do that for #8.

But the thing is Byram won't fall past Detroit at 6. So you'd have to trade with LA/Colorado/Chicago who would all much rather hold onto their picks and just draft at that spot.

Just you wait, he will. Detroit will throw a party and others will cry

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m glad that those two were signed and welcome to New York Rangers!! :)

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
Lias Andersson has looked good since the call up. Sure we thought he’d be NHL ready a little earlier but that was only due to his great defensive game. His skating has held him back a lot

I see no reason why Lias cannot be a good NHL player, but he was hyped as a DAY ONE 3rd line NHL center to begin with.

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Shets' deal is only 2 years and has an AHL out clause. Said he would stay in Hartford. Vitali is full ELC

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kakko and Kravtsov is a hell of a 1-2 punch at rw.

Shestyorkin is a stud as well

They just need to fix their awful defense and they'll be a good team for a long time.

Also, does this mean you guys can trade Georgiev to Edmonton now?
Edmonton cannot help the Rangers fix their awful defense. Would rather trade with a team that can

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad