Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Ranger sign F Vitali Kravtsov to extension (1 year, $875k)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So..

Fla
Trouba@6mil

Ott
Reinhart + Weegar

Ny
7oa

Another bern special:laugh:
what part of that do you wanna challenge?

about a month ago in a thread about Ott 7OA, fans of both discussed something around a core of
Reinhart + Weegar
for
7Oa and a +, which you ignored.

Ok, then why should FL do 7OA for discounted Trouba + [like Jones and next available NYR 1st]
Again you ignore I said a +

Why? b'c they want to remain competitive while getting younger and this does that. They still save considering giving up 2 vets for 1 discounted vet + elc. Also Ekblad happily ok now, but this is a guy who w/his history could go down. Trouba provides insurance for depth at toughness.

That leaves Rangers
NY needs to lose Trouba sooner than later due to cap

a lot of this is #s driven
math is your friend, get to know it

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
What would it cost to dump him ?
As a pure cap dump, I could see it costing a 2nd round pick, but it's possible he has some value to at least one team, or that he moves as part of a larger deal. A buyout is also an option, though we'd save 1 mil less in that scenario.

Unfortunately, Drury gave him a backloaded contract for some strange reason. That makes the buyout better, but it will make it harder to dump him to a cap floor team. His cap hit is 2.5 mil, but he's owed 6 mil over the next 2 years. I'm still scratching my head, trying to figure out why Drury gave him a 3 year deal. If there was competition for his services, hopefully those other teams are still interested.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
A bit annoying, when I watched him in Ott he was actually noticeable that game (1st game after he was scratched for 8)

I expected him to keep it up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad