Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Ranger sign F Vitali Kravtsov to extension (1 year, $875k)

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Drury to Kakko this summer:

BvYPTJf.gif

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
If no one is offering better than a 3rd round pick, there's no incentive for the Rangers to trade him, and no chance that it will happen. A 2nd round pick probably isn't enough either. That might be fair value, but the Rangers have no reason to trade him for fair value either. He is under contract and can't play for anyone but the Rangers. It's like the Puljujarvi situation with Edmonton. Kravtsov has a chance to play and improve his value so that he either becomes a player for the Rangers, or he becomes a more valuable trade asset. Either way, it's in the Rangers' best interest to hold onto him unless some team offers a deal they can't refuse.
I would just have the Rangers play him for one season; I don't think they can get a second with him, maybe a third or a fourth, but it's in the best interest for the Rangers to keep him, so yeah.

Not enuf.
Talent/upside potential must also be there or not even a look at.
Yes, but skill can be developed when you're in a different team, and who knows if Kravtsov doesn't have the skill we all thought he would have?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Rangers will come out of this with Kravtsov showing promise or end up with a struggling young player cause the NHL is more physical than the KHL with less time and space.

1 year ELC fits. Good luck Rangers. I don't see you guys trading him until you know how good or bad he really is.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
We'll need to move Nemeth, most likely. It will be tight, but it's doable.

It's alot easier to move guys on HF boards than it is in reality as other teams have Cap considerations this offseason and the lag due to Covid will linger.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
You're right that Lias might still MAYBE but not likely turn into something.
But up to his pt, he has been a big overrated nothing, which Krav demonstrates by his play he is not.
Yeah, I agree, but if NYR is signing him, I think they are having a bit of hope up on him, not just to trade him.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Rangers will come out of this with Kravtsov showing promise or end up with a struggling young player cause the NHL is more physical than the KHL with less time and space.

1 year ELC fits. Good luck Rangers. I don't see you guys trading him until you know how good or bad he really is.
The Rangers are close and they know it so I don't think they'll be sitting around hoping prospects will get them over the hump , their window to win is NOW . I fully expect them to target certain players and pursue them aggressively and I believe one of those players will be Josh Anderson along with a second line center if they don't re-sign Strome , a better defenseman than Justin Braun and a backup goalie to replace Georgiev . They probably re-sign Copp and/or Motte while letting Vatrano walk . In other words the Rangers will be all in this off season and at the deadline .

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Rangers are close and they know it so I don't think they'll be sitting around hoping prospects will get them over the hump , their window to win is NOW . I fully expect them to target certain players and pursue them aggressively and I believe one of those players will be Josh Anderson along with a second line center if they don't re-sign Strome , a better defenseman than Justin Braun and a backup goalie to replace Georgiev . They probably re-sign Copp and/or Motte while letting Vatrano walk . In other words the Rangers will be all in this off season and at the deadline .

Not sure they have the cap space to do what you think they should do. I agree that they will try to improve on what they have but cap space will complicate things a bit.

Reactions: habsfan44

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
You might want to look at the Rangers' cap situation.

There is no chance they trade for Anderson. None.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
You might want to look at the Rangers' cap situation.

There is no chance they trade for Anderson. None.
I understand that the cap complicates things but not to the extent that it will prevent the Rangers from making trades for players that they think will get them to the next level .

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If you can figure out how we sign Copp and Motte, while aggressively going for Josh Anderson and a second line center, that would be wonderful. Rangers may have helped increased viewership playoff ratings, but I don't see the league thanking them with some added cap space.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I understand that the cap complicates things but not to the extent that it will prevent the Rangers from making trades for players that they think will get them to the next level .
The only way it could possibly work is if you take back Nemeth and retain 50%. Even then, I don't see it happening, especially if you are expecting to get significant value back for him.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
The only way it could possibly work is if you take back Nemeth and retain 50%. Even then, I don't see it happening, especially if you are expecting to get significant value back for him.
Still not sure I see a place. The Rangers seems to be committed to having Lafreniere and Kakko in the top 6 next season.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Gotcha , didn't realize that you guys have next to nothing to send back cap wise in a trade after Nemeth . Apologies , should have checked first .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad