Confirmed Trade: [NYR/PHI] Justin Braun for 2023 3rd round pick

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Philly and San Jose fans would know more, but when I’ve seen him play he’s not soft and also not overly physical

He's JUSTTTT right.

Jokes aside, his defensive metrics look very good despite playing for a team that has struggled defensively.

It's a good, fairly low-cost move for NYR and gives us options come playoff-time.

I'm just really hoping this doesn't mean Nemeth-Braun is going to be the pair.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Drury has been very conservative so far.

I think he's playing it cool and correctly.

Giving the team some extra oomph heading into the playoffs at affordable costs. If nothing else, it's good experience for our young players.

It's not the time to break the bank yet. We need those young guys to take another step. That hasn't happened yet, despite hopes it would.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
I think he's playing it cool and correctly.

Giving the team some extra oomph heading into the playoffs at affordable costs. If nothing else, it's good experience for our young players.

It's not the time to break the bank yet. We need those young guys to take another step. That hasn't happened yet, despite hopes it would.

Agree. Next year is the year.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
He's JUSTTTT right.

Jokes aside, his defensive metrics look very good despite playing for a team that has struggled defensively.

It's a good, fairly low-cost move for NYR and gives us options come playoff-time.

I'm just really hoping this doesn't mean Nemeth-Braun is going to be the pair.
Yeah that pairing would likely be a disaster. I’m really not sure what the Rangers are planning to do with Braun. Maybe they sit Nemeth and play Jones/Braun?

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
He played in the Flyers told 4 all season and didn't crumble.

Don't expect anything in the OZ except for him to shoot...or dump it back in.

On your 3rd pair, he will do fine.

That's all that's going to be asked of him. We really just need stability on that third pairing and an extra PK option.

Reactions: Tripod

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Yeah that pairing would likely be a disaster. I’m really not sure what the Rangers are planning to do with Braun. Maybe they sit Nemeth and play Jones/Braun?

That would be my hope, but, unfortunately, I don't expect it to be the case. GG seems to want a defensive 3rd pair, which is likely going to mean Nemeth and Braun.

Jones and Braun would be a good pair--puck moving ability with shut down defense. Lindgren and Fox extra light.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Philly and San Jose fans would know more, but when I’ve seen him play he’s not soft and also not overly physical
Yeah, he's not going to crush anybody (or chase hits) but he's not soft by any means. He's positionally sound and will get pucks out of the zone. He's also an effective penalty killer.

He'll be a good bottom pair/#7 for their playoff run.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I like this move. Solid bottom pairing defensive defenseman. Can play left side if needed as Frank Seravalli noted. Hopefully the 3rd pairing is Braun and Schneider.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00