Confirmed Trade: [NYR/PHI] Justin Braun for 2023 3rd round pick

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Totally fine with this as a Rangers fan. Schneider has been phenomenal but had a few shaky games recently. Having a vet to spell him is fine. Our organizational depth at RD is tremendous but Schneider and Lundkvist have less than a full season of NHL experience combined.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I'm not gonna disagree but I don't see how we can afford it unless they're bumping Chytil or Copp into the Strome spot and walking away from him.

As much as I like Copp I think that's selling a bit low on Lundkvist as well.
Agreed. I'd rather pay the rental price and re-sign him ourselves if that's the direction we want to go.

Reactions: Trxjw

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Interesting?
Do the Rangers really need RHD help or is this a precursor for another deal?
They need one in case of injury. That is all. This is insurance.

They'd rather go with this guy than Lundqvist in case Schneider gets injured I guess. I really hope they leave Schneider in the lineup.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
So what kind of player is Justin Braun? I'm assuming a typical 3rd pairing Defensemen?

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Could be an every-game, every-other-game type of player. The reality is that you need more than 6 capable defenders, especially come playoffs. Injuries happen all too often and at the most unfortunate times.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
you know how frugal you need to be to make a profit from a pizzeria? These skills come in handy as a GM of NYR

Reactions: bl02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad