Confirmed with Link: [NYR/NSH] Cody McLeod for 2020 7th round pick

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
What's the negative? It's a 7th round pick for a guy who will drop the gloves and supposedly build up the locker room a bit.
A 7th for 20 more not needed penalties that decide us losing or winning a game on a given night

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I feel like people are forgetting how terrible McLeod actually was for us.

If he plays any regular time at all, he's going to be a major detriment. Our 4th line has actually been effective recently, McLeod will destroy that.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Rinaldo out McLeod in? That checks out. 7th pick in Poiles hands is more valuable than most other GMs, but we need to protect our talent since the PP is no deterrent

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
He's basically replacing Rinaldo. You're saying he'd generate 20 more not needed penalties than Rinaldo would have produced?
It's obviously hyperbole on my part but I don't think we gained much with this move, more so lost.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I think my frustration is this:

If Cody McLeod actually plays in the playoffs, things have really gone tits up. His line will get exposed in the playoffs if he has to play a single game. He isn't fast enough.

The difference between Winnipeg's size and our size is their size is actually talented. McLeod does not help against that.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I feel like people are forgetting how terrible McLeod actually was for us.

If he plays any regular time at all, he's going to be a major detriment. Our 4th line has actually been effective recently, McLeod will destroy that.

I agree he was terrible. I also hear people saying things like 'oh man we don't have anyone who can drop the gloves so they're just going to run our guys'. What do people actually want? He's going to play maybe 12 heavily protected minutes per game for the 10-15 games where we need that type of player. HE'S NOT PLAYING IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Keep in mind I also remember how much this team was getting beat down the year we dealt for him the first time. Everything changed after that trade.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I agree he was terrible. I also hear people saying things like 'oh man we don't have anyone who can drop the gloves so they're just going to run our guys'. What do people actually want? He's going to play maybe 12 heavily protected minutes per game for the 10-15 games where we need that type of player. HE'S NOT PLAYING IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Keep in mind I also remember how much this team was getting beat down the year we dealt for him the first time. Everything changed after that trade.

Well, the Rangers, a team much worse than us, played him a total of 6:06 across the last two games.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Well, the Rangers, a team much worse than us, played him a total of 6:06 across the last two games.

So I doubled his playing time. I can revise the times if it makes it better for you. Glenn’s post summarizes it best anyway.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Agreed don’t mind the 7th but unless we have 3-4 regulars injures I really don’t want to see McLeod on the ice.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Remember that one time we needed a tough, physical presence and traded for McLeod and everyone complained about it then we made the Final? That was fun.

(not saying he was an extremely important piece to that run, just saying it happened)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad