Confirmed with Link: [NYR/NSH] Cody McLeod for 2020 7th round pick

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Remember that one time we needed a tough, physical presence and traded for McLeod and everyone complained about it then we made the Final? That was fun.

(not saying he was an extremely important piece to that run, just saying it happened)

That was fun (and I went insane when Cody scored that goal), but I also remember being scared to death every time our 4th line went on the ice.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I don’t hate, don’t love it either. But when it comes to playoffs and we’re up in a series closing out a game let’s say against the avalanche McLeod can be inserted to stop any BS from a guy like f****** Zadarov. Plus the boys go insane when he gets a goal, gets them fired up.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Lemme ask you this...

Why would anyone on Winnipeg willingly FIGHT McLeod? Why would they take themselves off the ice for 5 minutes when they are doing Nashville a favor in that trade?

McLeod doesn't scare anyone.

yet he's still in the NHL and pushing 800 games all in the post-lockout era where enforcers are supposedly extinct?

JGeorge54

Feb 6, 2016
I love it. Wwre missing toughness and grit. Last night arizona dang near out hit us the way we out shot them. I wouldve liked reaves as well but ill gladly take and cheer on McLeod. Im coming up to the game tomorrow night, itd be awesome if he was suited. Poile is probably also looking at our injury bug this year and wants someone to help protect the guys to where maybe we can avoid an injury on a nasty hit. Maybe not, but this doesnt make us a worse team pretty much the same team that got a little tougher

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't believe in this protection myth, BUT... and here's the key... players seem to. It doesn't actually matter if it's logically true that McLeod can't catch anybody, that nobody will fight him, and that he will (hopefully) never be on the ice at the same time as other teams' good big players, etc. As far as our eyeballs will ever be able to tell, McLeod will be a useless plug out there and generally speaking a detriment to the team for the 5 minutes or so he might skate in 10 of the remaining regular season games. BUT. Despite all that, the players will somehow magically FEEL more protected. And play better. It's not logical or something that can be analyzed from the gamesheet. And so you take that effect. But then you also get McLeod's other intangibles... whatever rah-rah words he shouts from the bench or in practice, whatever intimidating glares he sends (as much to our guys as opponents perhaps), whatever examples he sets for off-ice training and conditioning despite making no money, hardly getting any ice time, etc.

So I can see a net positive coming from it. It's all psychological more than physical. But that's part of the game too. The team knows McLeod and what he brings in those respects.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The gnashing (oops) of teeth over spending a 7th round pick shows how bored we are. There is absolutely no down side here. I seriously don't understand how people can be so emotional about it.

Reactions: Drake744

dubgeek

Mar 1, 2012
Franklin, TN
The gnashing (oops) of teeth over spending a 7th round pick shows how bored we are. There is absolutely no down side here. I seriously don't understand how people can be so emotional about it.

I agree. For a 7th this is nothing to get worked up in either direction about. Now, if Poile is done and makes no more moves I'll be a little irritated. There's no way to know that until 2/25, though. So, I'll suspend my overall evaluation of this move and Boyle until then. I really hope he's got something in the works to get one more legit top 6 forward, though. I, for one, would gladly see Tolvanen + off to another team for a proven and contract extended top 6er and an improved chance at a Cup. You have to give to get.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
There is not actually "gnashing" or emotion here that I can see. People are still going to discuss the stuff that happens with the team, big or small. With nary a gnash involved.

Colin Blackwell and Frederick Gaudreau probably see the real downside, if anybody does. They may gnash a tooth or two if they go down to the Milwaukee side and lose some $$$ out of it. That's about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad