Pre-Game Talk: NYR @ MTL: Duke back in

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Nobody will move on until his useless ass is off the team.

Pretty much this.

Why should we be giving any minutes to that sack of garbage, when someone far more qualified could be having minutes? It kills two birds with one stone in that putting a better player out can bring more offense, or at least wear down the opponent's defense better, and it can allow the other players to rest more, as the new guy could give some valuable rest time for the top guys as he'd be worthy of playing more.

It honestly makes no sense to have someone useless like Glass on the team with the other available players we have. We might as well only have 11 forwards if you're just going to give the excuse that he pays the fewest minutes of our forwards. If anything, he's a detriment when he's on the ice, so it might actually be a better idea to just cut it to 11 forwards and not have him play at all.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Or, I could not waste my time and you could use the search function since the Tanner Glass hate has been justified on this board since his signing.

So you've got nothing concrete. Just snarky one line answers and blind hate, not understanding the different roles of a hockey team. Like I said... it's just like the misguided Brian Boyle hate from seasons past.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
So you've got nothing concrete. Just snarky one line answers and blind hate, not understanding the different roles of a hockey team. Like I said... it's just like the misguided Brian Boyle hate from seasons past.
It's actually pretty well-researched and communicated hate, but if you want argue against an illusion, knock yourself out!

Last edited by a moderator:

AHB*

Brian Boyle was hated for a completely different reason. Torts tried to make him a top 6 player when he is arguably the best 4th liner in the NHL. Tanner Glass is barely and NHL player. No one ever argued that abuot Boyle, his arguments were about his role (and his anomaly of a 20 goal season set unreasonable expectations).

It has been proven time and time again via observations both in prior seasons and this current season that Glass is a garbage player. Stats also reflect this (and I'm not just talking about points).

Glass is trash. Some people want to see the hits and only take the good from that but many of those hits cause odd-man rushes or turnovers or just create lost board battles. He is so ineffective when it comes to puck possession and is the complete opposite type of player this team generally employs.

Fans sometimes want to see things that aren't there and I respect that as a fan myself. We all sometimes become rosy-eyed. In this instance (which isn't always the case) the majority of fans on this board are correct about Glass.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Wrong Boyle was hated because he was 6ft 7inch cream puff and don't come back and tell me he a physical player because he was the Rangers leader in hits because he hit with the power of a 6th grade school girl...That said I was fine with him as our 4th line center and on the PK just beyond frustrated he didn't play to his size he was the modern day Willie Huber look that name up...When did Torts want him to be a top 6 player?

Brian Boyle was hated for a completely different reason. Torts tried to make him a top 6 player when he is arguably the best 4th liner in the NHL. Tanner Glass is barely and NHL player. No one ever argued that abuot Boyle, his arguments were about his role (and his anomaly of a 20 goal season set unreasonable expectations).

It has been proven time and time again via observations both in prior seasons and this current season that Glass is a garbage player. Stats also reflect this (and I'm not just talking about points).

Glass is trash. Some people want to see the hits and only take the good from that but many of those hits cause odd-man rushes or turnovers or just create lost board battles. He is so ineffective when it comes to puck possession and is the complete opposite type of player this team generally employs.

Fans sometimes want to see things that aren't there and I respect that as a fan myself. We all sometimes become rosy-eyed. In this instance (which isn't always the case) the majority of fans on this board are correct about Glass.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Yep, Boyle was hated because fans wanted him to be something he wasn't, and ignored what he was.

He did fight Jody Shelley in defense of a teammate and led the team in getting in front of 80 MPH rubber pucks, but the irrational TUFFNOSS crowd wants what it wants.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Yep, Boyle was hated because fans wanted him to be something he wasn't, and ignored what he was.

He did fight Jody Shelley in defense of a teammate and led the team in getting in front of 80 MPH rubber pucks, but the irrational TUFFNOSS crowd wants what it wants.

Feel I should point out that Boyle is no longer on this team because HE wanted to be something he is not.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012

I do appreciate an actual response.

I'm not here saying the guy is some great hockey player and I'm not looking at him through rosy-eyed glasses. But he is out there providing something that nobody else on the team is providing in the physical department. NYR lost their top 3 forward hitters from last season and there isn't another soul on the team stepping up to take up that part of the game. He definitely isn't nearly as bad as those that are hating him make him out to be, just like Boyle who I argued in favor of the last few years against the majority of people on NY Ranger discussion boards. Glass isn't here to control the puck up the ice or score goals. He's here to bang bodies, fore check and help with killing penalties and he's been doing all three of those well. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that some of the same people that want him out of the lineup at all costs want Duclair playing on the 4th line. :shakehead

I'll agree that he's paid too much and that the contract term, at that price, is too much. And, if there was an opportunity to replace him with someone who does what he does and could also be better in offensive categories like puck possession and scoring, I'm all for it. But, right now, nobody in the organization is there to do it.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Glass isn't quite the antichrist that some posters make him out to be, but he really is a borderline NHLer and relatively useless on this team. I think I could live with him if he just played a chip and chase type game, but he turns the puck over way too much for my liking, leading to significant defensive zone time whenever he's on the ice.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
People hated Boyle because they wanted him to play like Eric Lindros without the offense, even though he frequently was at the top of the team in Hits, both regular and postseason. Like, they literally wouldn't be happy until he checked someone through the glass, it's absolute nonsense.

People hate Glass because he sucks and we basically swapped out Dorsett for him.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I don't care about Glass if he plays or not...he is almost harmless anyways...doubt he could handle Prust as it is . OTOH...I am concerned about payback and that just could be on Hank . That would be the easiest way for the Habs to settle the so called score . An eye for an eye . They have lots of guys that are quite capable of this .

Everybody around here and their dogs are Hab fans....we have to win or I will be housebound for the day . Nothing any worse than a bragging Hab fan....
LGR !!!! :yo:

I kinda wanted Malone in over Glass. Either way I'm happy Duke is in for his hometown. Fun for him, and I bet he nets one.

Kreids will be fine. Gallagher will bump into Hank 20 times and it'll be ok because he's small and goalies aren't hurt so it's no big deal. If Kreids does it then it's clearly intent to injure and he has a history of running goalies on purpose. We just have to hope he doesn't hit Hank awkwardly.

I'm still arguing this nonsense with Habs fan friends. Where do you live, btw? I'm about 20 mins out of Montreal now. Love it here but I feel your pain, they can be insufferable. Even my good buddies and gf's family. Winning the playoff bout was as satisfying as it was a relief, lol. Hate/love when we play them.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

:laugh:

Yeah, the search function is difficult, I know.

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
I hope they put that Price guy in the net, how many goals did we pot against him the last time we played them? :laugh:

First guy that even looks funny at Kreider should have Zuc all over him in his fight no.2. I think that is the only fair matchup.

7-0 Rangers win. (that is if Price is in net)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The fact that we're even comparing Boyle and Glass is a massive slap in the face to Boyle. Brian Boyle is 20 times the player Tanner Glass is in Glass' wildest dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino