Pre-Game Talk: NYR @ MTL: Duke back in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord

Ryan Malone skating as an extra with Michael Kostka. So, if this holds, Duclair (who hails from Montreal), in for Malone as the change.

Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord

#NYR lines (so far): Kreider-Hayes-Nash
Zuccarello-Brassard-St. Louis
Hagelin-DMoore-Duclair
Glass-Mueller-Stempniak

Gonna be interesting to see if Kreider gets any attention tomorrow too.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
NYR @ MTL: Duke back in

giphy.gif

Sooner or later Glass will be in the AHL and i'll have no problems with our offense.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I actually don't mind Glass in the lineup tomorrow. You really don't know how Montreal will be treating CK. Kreider can handle his own, but Glass could prove useful tomorrow no doubt about it.

Eager to see what Duke brings after watching his roomie Hayes bring it every night. He should have a good jump in his step at the hometown arena and after sitting out a couple of games.

Don't like sitting Malone, but again, also don't mind Glass in there for this game.

LGR

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I actually don't mind Glass in the lineup tomorrow. You really don't know how Montreal will be treating CK. Kreider can handle his own, but Glass could prove useful tomorrow no doubt about it.

Eager to see what Duke brings after watching his roomie Hayes bring it every night. He should have a good jump in his step at the hometown arena and after sitting out a couple of games.

Don't like sitting Malone, but again, also don't mind Glass in there for this game.

LGR

You must have a pretty forgiving definition of useful.

Also, what are the chances Kreider and Glass are on the ice at the same time so he can dive in front of Kreider before he gets decapitated or eviscerated by those brutes in Montreal.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
You must have a pretty forgiving definition of useful.

Also, what are the chances Kreider and Glass are on the ice at the same time so he can dive in front of Kreider before he gets decapitated or eviscerated by those brutes in Montreal.

He can take Prust off the ice before he gets to Kreider?

If they go after Kreider, he can go after Subban?

I don't know, I'm not going to argue the merits of how having a player like Glass can act as a deterrent or morale booster for the team. Because frankly, neither of us are in the locker room.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
I don't care about Glass if he plays or not...he is almost harmless anyways...doubt he could handle Prust as it is . OTOH...I am concerned about payback and that just could be on Hank . That would be the easiest way for the Habs to settle the so called score . An eye for an eye . They have lots of guys that are quite capable of this .

Everybody around here and their dogs are Hab fans....we have to win or I will be housebound for the day . Nothing any worse than a bragging Hab fan....
LGR !!!! :yo:

Badko

Jan 9, 2007
How is it that Glass becomes the focus of just about every thread around here? We're on a 3 game winning streak, had a nice come back win against the Devils, we're heading into Montreal to face the team we defeated in the conference finals, Duclair is returning to the lineup, and yet some individuals keep the dead horse topic of Glass in the limelight.

Let it be!!!

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
How is it that Glass becomes the focus of just about every thread around here? We're on a 3 game winning streak, had a nice come back win against the Devils, we're heading into Montreal to face the team we defeated in the conference finals, Duclair is returning to the lineup, and yet some individuals keep the dead horse topic of Glass in the limelight.

Let it be!!!

No thanks.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I sincerely hope those ***** smurfs try to goon it up against Kreider. That'd be a treat to watch. Oh wait, I won't be watching because work.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I like Duclair with Moore and Hagelin. Moore and Hags can play in the offensive zone and are both very sound defensively. They should cover the slack for Duke in the D-zone.

Edit: This schedule ****ing sucks. Who has 5 days off at the beginning of the season?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Glass plays because the guys that know more about the game and all the nuances than every poster on these boards trusts him.

Additionally, he doesn't play enough minutes nightly to be the reason we win or lose games.

Excited to see Duke back in the line up. I had no doubt that he would be. Malone being less than effective in conjuction to the Habs being more of a skating team combined with this being the kids home-town made this move come straight out of Capt. Obvious playbook.

Hope he does well, pots and a few with the game winner with a minutes left in the game

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
And Glass is still playing because???
Because it's 8 games into the season and the Rangers saw enough in him to give him a three year deal on the first day of free agency, whatever that may be. I think we're a long way from seeing him come out of the lineup. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

Because he is a useful 4th liner.
Raspewtin asked a serious question, is a serious answer to much to ask?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Guys/gals, you can't reference other team's boards on here. For the protection of your jimmies, it'd probably be best to just avoid them on game days anyway. :laugh:

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Kreider is a tough guy, I'm sure that Habs will find that out on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca