Rumor: NYR in on KHL winger Anton Burdasov (PHI also in in him)

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He played with Panarin on SKA if people want to add fuel to that fire.

Philly is a real dark horse for Panarin though this isn't really the place to discuss that.
I suppose that might be a race we would be better off losing? No offense but, I don't want the Rangers to become a "Russian based team". I prefer a nice mix. Same like I don't want the Rangers to be mostly made of Canadian players. So again, please don't hate on me.

In other words, how would it look to have a dominant amount of American born players, playing for Russia or Canada? Get it?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I suppose that might be a race we would be better off losing? No offense but, I don't want the Rangers to become a "Russian based team". I prefer a nice mix. Same like I don't want the Rangers to be mostly made of Canadian players. So again, please don't hate on me.

In other words, how would it look to have a dominant amount of American born players, playing for Russia or Canada? Get it?

I wouldn’t mind it if they’re the best players you can get.

I don’t think we’re really Russian dominant though or in that risk of going that direction. We have 4 in the entire organization, 5 if you count namesnikov

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Regarding his weight--his KHL bio lists him at 103 kg, or 227 lbs. They also show 114 PIM for the past season.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Players like Burdasov don't leave the KHL to play for Hartford. He would be coming with the expectation of playing top-9 minutes. Bringing him over and leaving Jensen in the KHL is pretty much a slap in the face and we may as well trade Jensen's rights.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Players like Burdasov don't leave the KHL to play for Hartford. He would be coming with the expectation of playing top-9 minutes. Bringing him over and leaving Jensen in the KHL is pretty much a slap in the face and we may as well trade Jensen's rights.
They tried to get Jensen back and he wouldn’t come

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Jensen may not have any desire to come back. We tried to bring him back last season and he said it didn't make sense unless he was assured of an NHL job, since he had already shown what he could do in the AHL. He basically wants an NHL guarantee, which he won't and shouldn't get from us. So, he's persona non grata to me. I get where he's coming from, but if he doesn't want to win a spot like everyone else, then adios. I mean if Shipachyov can't get a guaranteed spot, no way Jensen can. There's no slap in the face or affront to Jensen, here. He made his own choices.

Interestingly, despite being a defected player, Capfriendly lists his rights as expiring the summer after the season in which he turns 27--so July 30 of next year. I didn't know that was the/a rule; I thought we'd hold his rights indefinitely. So I suppose if someone made an offer for his rights you'd probably take it, but whether anyone would be interested in doing so is a different story. This isn't a Nigel Dawes thing where the guy had some NHL success before leaving; it's more like Christian Thomas where he looked like a probable 4A player. Otherwise, looks like he could theoretically return for the '20-'21 season as a free agent.

Anyway, if we signed Burdasov he'd come over just like Bereglazov (a well-regarded prospect) or Lindqvist or whoever and compete for a spot. And if he doesn't make it he could take the AHL assignment (he could theoretically earn good money in the AHL since he shouldn't be confined by ELC rules), where he could either try to win his way up or leave. No big deal, happens with European signings all the time. Totally different situation than Jensen though.

Reactions: eco's bones

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Not sure if serious
There are many guys in the NHL who look way worse than that during the season lol

Can confirm this is what 50% of NCAA college hockey players look like. You're trying to stay balanced and protect the puck, not win a bodybuilding competition (Unless you're Rod BrindAmour.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If you're complaining about what this guy looks like in the summer, you should see what Phil Kessel looks like in-season.
th

#Saturdays are for the boyz

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Another older KHL player. Two years ago, it was Zaripov. Elliotte Friedman said the Rangers wanted to sign him but they backed off. Last summer it was Shumakov. This year it's this guy.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I played club soccer growing up with a kid that went on to receive a partial scholarship from a D1 school (not a good one, but still, he was really good). This dude was better than basically anyone we ever played and he was fat. Like, not fat as shit, but fat like he looked like he just ate Taco Bell and played video games all day. Fat like when we had shirts off during hot practices everyone would make fun of his "assets." That was middle school, we all thought he'd lose it in HS. He didn't. I didn't play with him anymore but I understand coaches were always on his ass to lose weight but he was just built that way. Never came off of him. He played as a chubby guy in his stint in the Midwest Conference (which I'm pretty sure is something different now) and did pretty well.

Long story short, different people carry their weight differently. That's also what I always tell myself now that I've gotten older, and "not in shape" anymore. :laugh:

Reactions: lucky13 and RGY

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Vesey's replacement but more physical?
Amazing how most here are so readily ridding Vesey from this team. He "only" has 16 goals on a team that is bereft of scoring. True he hasn't had a point (not one!) in the last 9, but he is "mostly" noticeable. I see lots of energy, and even though he hasn't scored in the month of March, he is only a -5 in those 9 games, in which the Rangers have been outscored 30-16.

Many teams would love to have him as a very decent 3rd liner or on a very strong team as a solid 4th liner. Just saying.

Don't know if anyone noticed, but it just seems like he is in most of the "after whistle" scrums. Somewhat similar to Lemieux and Smith. Whether he starts it or not, is mostly because he doesn't back down when someone abuses him and thinking he isn't a fighter and won't retaliate. Wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad