Friedman: NYR have shown interest in DAL Alexander Radulov

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If they make a trade for Radulov, that would indicate that they might not expect Kakko back anytime soon.
Not necessarily true.

Even with Kakko, they have a terrible 3rd/4th line

Kreider - Mika - Lafreniere
Panarin - Strome - Kakko
Goodrow - Chytil - Vatrano/Radulov
4th line of any combo of Hunt, Rooney, Gauthier, Brodzinski and Reaves

We could also do this for the 3rd line:

Vatrano - Chytil - Radulov and have Goodrow on the 4th line with Hunt and Rooney

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
To Dallas:

To NYR: Radulov
I rather trade for Radek Faksa who fills a need as a gritty shutdown center. Radulov is cooked.

i would do Chytil, Kravtsov and Robertson for Faksa and Gurianov

Goodrow Faksa Gurianov is a nice 3rd line to have. Way better than McKegg, Gauthier and Chytil

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Probably want the size, grit, and playoff experience for the cheaper cost than Barabanov would be...
Maybe but that's a sort of ass-backwards way to approach it in a get way you pay for sort of way. Barabanov is the better player now. The size, grit, and playoff experience need to mean something on the scoreboard and Radulov right now is very awful by comparison. Even if you get Radulov at 50% for nothing, you're making your lineup worse than by doing nothing.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I rather trade for Radek Faksa who fills a need as a gritty shutdown center. Radulov is cooked.

Goodrow Faksa Gurianov is a nice 3rd line to have. Way better than McKegg, Gauthier and Chytil
Faksa has been awful this season unfortunately. They would give away for nothing I’m almost positive just to clear the cap space.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Radulov makes a lot of sense for a team like New York to target. Dirt cheap trade-wise and he literally can only get better cause he's at rock bottom currently. And of course it makes sense for the Stars to move him as well.

And in my opinion, he absolutely will perform better on another team. Perhaps not like his old self but he will bounce back a bit elsewhere I'd imagine

Reactions: egelband

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Drury seems to be looking at really cheap options to bolster the 3rd line. Radulov and Kessel both fit that mold.

As long as the cost is low, we could do much worse. No need to be chasing the big names on the market when we're basically just a great power play team riding an elite goaltender at this point in the rebuild.

Save the big pieces for a legitimate 2C or LHD upgrade like Chychrun.
no to da bold, yes to da underline, which = youth for youth
Radulov on Panarins wing could be absolutely deadly if it worked out. I know a lot of people hate him but ever since I saw him sign in MTL I had wished to see him in a NYR jersey. He can play mean, and he plays a very up tempo style that would breathe some new life and fill the RW black hole we have right now.

I'd give them a 3rd and a prospect, probably someone like Barron
no, and Barron has upside

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Strome at half + McKegg
for
Radulov, 2nd + 3rd

If Rad craps out just shut him down, hopefully we are making room for Krav, not giving him away.
We need to also give mins to Vatrano who is advertised as also a pivot.
Strome is uneven but contributes a bit on offense, we are unable to extend and must move on, as all of his cap, without substitution, is needed for next yr for Zib, Fox $$$.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Strome at half + McKegg
for
Radulov, 2nd + 3rd

If Rad craps out just shut him down, hopefully we are making room for Krav, not giving him away.
Strome is uneven but contributes a bit on offense, we are unable to extend and must move on, as all of his cap, without substitution, is needed for next yr for Zib, Fox $$$.

Yeah, this really helps Dallas. They get to lose a different player to free agency, they pick up a player they have no need for plus they get to give up draft picks. That's probably what they want to do this and every deadline.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I think radulov would be good for the Rangers I think he can still play and is a gamer, I thought most Dallas fans were saying the coach / system in Dallas just didn't fit him

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
If he is effectively free, I won't complain. I'd still prefer Kessel but Radulov would be fine.

Strome at half + McKegg
for
Radulov, 2nd + 3rd

Why would the Rangers do this? Strome could fetch significantly more than that, on his own with no retention. Let alone the Rangers doing the stars a favor by taking Radulov's cap hit.

Reactions: Rangers ftw

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yeah, this really helps Dallas. They get to lose a different player to free agency, they pick up a player they have no need for plus they get to give up draft picks. That's probably what they want to do this and every deadline.
Hey, Radulov is complete excrement this year. He goes to NY at full pop, and Strome is best player in this deal, they get a leg up on if they want to extend. At least they may want to if $$ is right, which is not the case w/Rad. They have to give up the picks for us to take garbage cap dump Rad and get Strome at half, which you neglected to mention. Yes, NY deserves the picks, and McKegg is small potatoes throw in to give NY roster space.

It is a legit deal and I can only hope Drury will back off on we are not trading Strome.
CAP IS REAL
DO NOT IGNORE
besides, NY just picked up Vatrano + Chytil is playing well w'mo mins higher in the lineup.
Worth moving Strome and don't care what bread thinks/feels about it

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If he is effectively free, I won't complain. I'd still prefer Kessel but Radulov would be fine.

Why would the Rangers do this? Strome could fetch significantly more than that, on his own with no retention. Let alone the Rangers doing the stars a favor by taking Radulov's cap hit.
In a vacuum, he SHOULD garner more, but w/deadline days away, I'll settle for this.
Also, cap + roster options are firming up so fewer trading partners for Strome

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
In a vacuum, he SHOULD garner more, but w/deadline days away, I'll settle for this.
Also, cap + roster options are firming up so fewer trading partners for Strome
Respectfully, you have the worst player/value judgement on these boards. You "settling" is still super far off base. In no universe should the Rangers trade Strome unless they are blown away by an offer. We don't have a replacement and Chytil isn't ready. A few hot games doesn't change that when he has been meh for 4 seasons.

The only universe where Strome goes to Dallas and we take Radulov is where a 1st ++ is coming back and I don't see Dallas going for that.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Hey, Radulov is complete excrement this year. He goes to NY at full pop, and Strome is best player in this deal, they get a leg up on if they want to extend. At least they may want to if $$ is right, which is not the case w/Rad. They have to give up the picks for us to take garbage cap dump Rad and get Strome at half, which you neglected to mention. Yes, NY deserves the picks, and McKegg is small potatoes throw in to give NY roster space.

It is a legit deal and I can only hope Drury will back off on we are not trading Strome.
CAP IS REAL
DO NOT IGNORE
besides, NY just picked up Vatrano + Chytil is playing well w'mo mins higher in the lineup.
Worth moving Strome and don't care what bread thinks/feels about it

If the Rangers are actually looking at acquiring Radulov, it's to trade a draft pick for him and let him go at the end of the year. It's not part of some master plan to get rid of their 2nd line center right before the playoffs. It's simply to add depth, not draft picks and to get rid of players they (you) no longer want.

Reactions: Crease

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Strome at half + McKegg
for
Radulov, 2nd + 3rd

Bern. You don't trade your number 2 Center at the deadline when you are in playoff position. We need to add depth, not create a meteor sized hole in the middle of our lineup.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

This falls under the category of “ no shit “ . It would be like me posting in a Tyler Myers thread about a rumour the Devils are interested in him . “ Id rather my Devils trade for Demko and Hughes “ Ya no shit , really?

The post was about Radulov . He is one that might actually be available. No kidding youd prefer those guys over him bjt there was no mention of them remotely being available and why would the Stars trade two of their better youg players while in a desperate playoff chase for under performing guys , one of which is not even in the NHL.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I know he's having a down year, but I would be very happy if the Rangers picked up Radulov! I never expected he'd be a possibility and I've been a fan for a while.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The Rangers need a center more than they need a winger. They have the cap space though, so might as well use it.

While i concur, the reality is...Centers are more expensive, and more coveted at the deadline especially. Every team craves more depth down the middle (or at least guys who can play there if needed).

The other thing is, while Radulov isn't a Center...when he's on his game, he sort of plays like one offensively at least. In terms of possessing and distributing the puck, controlling the play, etc. Maybe that helps the situation?

Seems in general though, more like potentially rummaging around for a low acquisition cost flyer on a guy with upside to be an impact player...by leveraging that cap space. Which is also just fine.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Where do we sign?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad