Friedman: NYR have shown interest in DAL Alexander Radulov

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Drury seems to be looking at really cheap options to bolster the 3rd line. Radulov and Kessel both fit that mold.

As long as the cost is low, we could do much worse. No need to be chasing the big names on the market when we're basically just a great power play team riding an elite goaltender at this point in the rebuild.

Save the big pieces for a legitimate 2C or LHD upgrade like Chychrun.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Would Dallas move Radulov without having another move in the pipe? I get that he's been bad, but is there benefit to moving him for a 5th rounder if they aren't going to spend that salary elsewhere? Or would the added roster flexibility be sufficient?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Prior to the Vatrano add? Dallas is in a tough spot if they want a trading partner for any of their big 3. Aside from maybe Seguin, none of them have lived up to expectations.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
He hasn’t really been bad, he’s just been stuck playing on the 3rd/4th line with weaker linemates. Bowness is a terrible coach and needs to get out of Dallas asap

He’d be a great add for a playoff team. Probably won’t cost much
If that’s the case, I think this a good move for us. I remember how solid he was for the cup run, maybe he can bring some juice with Panarin.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I'd be alright with Julien Gauthier <> Alex Radulov. I think Dallas has to retain salary though.

Radulov's been dog shit this season but I feel like he would show up in the playoffs.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
No brainer...give GG some ammo of a different caliber...low cost....when he was good with that size it could be good....plus he needs to showcase his worth

Reactions: egelband

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I'd be alright with Julien Gauthier <> Alex Radulov. I think Dallas has to retain salary though.

Radulov's been dog shit this season but I feel like he would show up in the playoffs.
NYR have over 30 million available this deadline. Makes sense for us to take a risk on Radulov especially if it’s free or they pay us to take his cap so they can free up room to make a move

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Jim Nill getting anything of value for a pending UFA would be welcome in the eyes of this Stars fan.

Now go do the same with Klingberg and Holtby.

Nobody wants their GM to cling to an expiring contract in hopes of some playoff magic, only to fail completely and lose these players for nothing. If other teams like the Rangers come knocking, I think it's only fair to jump at that best offer.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Panarin and Fox would probably turn him in to a 40 goal scorer.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Makes sense the Rangers adding but yet not spending huge assets. They are good but not elite true contenders yet. They will or should be soon but for now it’s smart to not overpay on rentals. I could however see them going big after a Chychrun type deal though if its a deal for a player with term left.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad