Friedman: NYR have shown interest in DAL Alexander Radulov

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Could be a decent pickup if it cost nothing but cap space. Even better if they get a mid pick for opening cap space for Dallas.

I could see the Stars doing this and making a move for Giordano

Reactions: cwede

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
3rd round pick? Hasnt he been pretty terrible this season?

Honestly? I think that's pretty much enough, could probably be had for less considering how few teams could even fit him under the cap.

I genuinely would not be surprised if he managed to become a good middle 6 contributor for a playoff run, but his season has been abysmal, so it is what it is. He'll be on the front cover of Bowness's book, How to Destroy Player Value While Demoralizing Your Team, it will have a disparaging foreword from John Klingberg.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
He hasn’t really been bad, he’s just been stuck playing on the 3rd/4th line with weaker linemates. Bowness is a terrible coach and needs to get out of Dallas asap

He’d be a great add for a playoff team. Probably won’t cost much
Yea, and he's shooting 4% this season. You'd have to think his numbers climb if he's taking shifts with Panarin and Strome.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Don't know why the Rangers would have interest in Radulov when he's been awful and they can get a better and cheaper winger in Barabanov from the Sharks for at most a 2nd round pick.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
NYR won't fill up deadline cap space. We aren't making that many moves so I don't think we need anything retained here. If he can be had for dirt cheap I don't see why not. If Dallas is looking to shed cap and make a move this probably makes sense. If they're looking to sell off UFA players then I think they hold out for a better return than a meh pick.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Don't know why the Rangers would have interest in Radulov when he's been awful and they can get a better and cheaper winger in Barabanov from the Sharks for at most a 2nd round pick.

We have $30m in deadline cap space. How cheap a guy is really doesn't matter much. Makes more sense to send a body or a mid-round pick for a guy with some playoff experience who, if he can find some legs, could help our depth quite a bit.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think most NYR fans were ok with that but were told it would be more than a 2nd? I forget most of the thread though - too many NYR proposals to the same teams...

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
We have $30m in deadline cap space. How cheap a guy is really doesn't matter much. Makes more sense to send a body or a mid-round pick for a guy with some playoff experience who, if he can find some legs, could help our depth quite a bit.
I'd rather have depth that is playing well than depth that isn't. Experience only really matters if the available pieces are comparable in terms of talent and playing ability. Radulov has fallen off a cliff. If a team fighting for a playoff spot is willing to drop that sort of player, that's a huge red flag.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'd rather have depth that is playing well than depth that isn't. Experience only really matters if the available pieces are comparable in terms of talent and playing ability. Radulov has fallen off a cliff. If a team fighting for a playoff spot is willing to drop that sort of player, that's a huge red flag.

Well it stands to reason that the Rangers would be betting on Radulov taking a step in the right direction with a new team and a system more suited to his style of play.

At this point in our rebuild it makes more sense to gamble than spend higher value assets. I'd rather spend the mid pick or trade a body for Radulov than spend a 2nd, 3rd+, or 3rd right across for Barabanov, but that's just me.

Moving Radulov gives the Stars some cap flexibility. So similar to Florida yesterday with Vatrano they can deal a player to create some room to maybe go shopping for a different guy. I'm not under any illusions of Radulov playing great hockey right now, but his game is potentially a good fit for our 3rd line in an attempt to give Chytil some actual skill to play with.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Radulov on Panarins wing could be absolutely deadly if it worked out. I know a lot of people hate him but ever since I saw him sign in MTL I had wished to see him in a NYR jersey. He can play mean, and he plays a very up tempo style that would breathe some new life and fill the RW black hole we have right now.

I'd give them a 3rd and a prospect, probably someone like Barron

Reactions: Rangers ftw

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Probably want the size, grit, and playoff experience for the cheaper cost than Barabanov would be...

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Maybe a 3rd at 50% to the right team. For the favor of taking on the whole contract New York could probably ask for a 4th or something. Not that they need the space but it’s an asset.

:rangers :
Radulov
4th
:stars :
Future Considerations

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Maybe a 3rd at 50% to the right team. For the favor of taking on the whole contract New York could probably ask for a 4th or something. Not that they need the space but it’s an asset.

:rangers :
Radulov
4th
:stars :
Future Considerations

Can take Sekers once he clears too

Hajek for you

Reactions: egelband

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Could be a decent pickup if it cost nothing but cap space. Even better if they get a mid pick for opening cap space for Dallas.
I could see the Stars doing this and making a move for Giordano
this
like when NYR needed Marc Staal off their Cap/roster, the pick (a 2nd) was sent with the expensive player, for 'futures'
Dallas should add sweetener for taking Rad's >$6M Cap Hit off their books, so they can add who they want for their playoff push
they are already over Cap but for LTIR

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Could see it if DAL wants to clear some cap and trade him for a 4th (similar to Vatrano) or even future considerations, while NYR wants to add experience to their bottom 6 but not sure he'll be super useful. For me if this is true the important part is that DAL could be buyer.

Reactions: egelband

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
this
like when NYR needed Marc Staal off their Cap/roster, the pick (a 2nd) was sent with the expensive player, for 'futures'
Dallas should add sweetener for taking Rad's >$6M Cap Hit off their books, so they can add who they want for their playoff push
they are already over Cap but for LTIR
Staal or Marleau were sent at the beginning of the season, which makes a huge difference. Pretty sure if it's a pure dump, ARI can take him for cheap, but maybe NYR sees something in him.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Staal or Marleau were sent at the beginning of the season, which makes a huge difference. Pretty sure if it's a pure dump, ARI can take him for cheap, but maybe NYR sees something in him.
Radulov has a 15 team no trade list. I have to imagine Arizona would be on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad