Friedman: NYR have shown interest in DAL Alexander Radulov

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Rangers seem to be in a lot of rumours for wingers, Hagel, Radulov, Vatrano, Kane, etc. this goes along with the report earlier in the year that they want to add a top 6 winger right after trading away Buchnevich. Seems like a very odd choice for them, they would be my very last pick in the league to want to bolster their wingers.

They spent huge UFA money on Kreider and Panarin as well as taking Kravtsov, Laf, and Kakko extremely early in the draft. They have already invested too much into wingers in my opinion. All assets should go to a Center or be put on the bench until a great Center inevitably becomes available.

I can’t think of a team with a worse or equal Center core to the current Rangers that have ever won a cup. I just can’t imagine a spine of Zibanejad, Strome, and Chytil winning a cup. They need to not re-sign Strome this summer and wait until another Eichel or Dubois situation comes around.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Yeah, this really helps Dallas. They get to lose a different player to free agency, they pick up a player they have no need for plus they get to give up draft picks. That's probably what they want to do this and every deadline.
Serious question, do you do anything other than troll Ranger threads and add nothing of substance to them?

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Serious question, do you do anything other than troll Ranger threads and add nothing of substance to them?
Yes, I'm active in many threads on many forums. As I've explained before, the Rangers are the metro team that is most interesting this deadline so I've been active in those threads as well.

And how was that trolling, anyway? Do other posters on here call out threads where a trade proposal clearly benefits one team and one team only, while seemingly doing nothing for the other team save give them nothing of value or players they clearly don't need?

When that stops, I'll stop but If Ignore's a feature in the new layout, feel free to use it if I bother you so much.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Respectfully, you have the worst player/value judgement on these boards. You "settling" is still super far off base. In no universe should the Rangers trade Strome unless they are blown away by an offer. We don't have a replacement and Chytil isn't ready. A few hot games doesn't change that when he has been meh for 4 seasons.

The only universe where Strome goes to Dallas and we take Radulov is where a 1st ++ is coming back and I don't see Dallas going for that.
Let's keep it civil and say it is not the first or last time we agree to disagree.

Also, my track record is way better than you infer.
People wanted to get rid of Kreider, I said no, I was right.
People wanted to get rid of JT Miller, I said no, I was right.
We had zero chance of making playoffs last year, could have gotten a 4th for Brendan Smith, who I wanted to move, again, I was right.

There are several similar examples I could generate. I also make mistakes, but I can defend my track record. And the record is:
Strome is what he is, no more, no less. He is productive offensively, and meh at best otherwise. We should have sold high on him from before. But nnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Rangers had to do what they did with Buch, which is another example of my being right and they being wrong, where they held on to him until the last possible second, instead of dealing when he had more term and was worth more.

NY needs to build, build, build, and deal excess vets to get to a true core which can max mins = more familiarity, get better, more productive w/increased chemistry. This is the ONLY way to obtain the full depth we need.
We cannot buy our way out as an alternative due to salary cap.

The above is true.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If the Rangers are actually looking at acquiring Radulov, it's to trade a draft pick for him and let him go at the end of the year. It's not part of some master plan to get rid of their 2nd line center right before the playoffs. It's simply to add depth, not draft picks and to get rid of players they (you) no longer want.
There are actually 2 sides to the same coin here. But setting that aside, the false assumption from your stated premise is NY gives up value for him b'c they want him, and wasting a pick is no big whoop. WRONG. Player is shitty. Hence, do NOT want. If taking as a backscratch, WE get a good pick for taking on a cap dump.

Again, Strome needs to go, his mins applied elsewhere.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern. You don't trade your number 2 Center at the deadline when you are in playoff position. We need to add depth, not create a meteor sized hole in the middle of our lineup.
This is inaccurate. A meteor sized hole would be created would be if a team like Oilers put an insane overpay on the table for Kreider [again, being hypothetical, if he did not have trade protections] and we sent him packing. THAT would be a huge hole NOW. Strome is not that level of contributor. He is uneven with blemishes and a small net positive. We have guys who do better w/more mins towards the top. Go there.
Strome in a vacuum is not negative, but he is minimally positive, delays development mins others need, and thankfully, can not be retained next year.
Yield to logic, yield to math, don't be stupid, deal him.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Rangers seem to be in a lot of rumours for wingers, Hagel, Radulov, Vatrano, Kane, etc. this goes along with the report earlier in the year that they want to add a top 6 winger right after trading away Buchnevich. Seems like a very odd choice for them, they would be my very last pick in the league to want to bolster their wingers.

They spent huge UFA money on Kreider and Panarin as well as taking Kravtsov, Laf, and Kakko extremely early in the draft. They have already invested too much into wingers in my opinion. All assets should go to a Center or be put on the bench until a great Center inevitably becomes available.

I can’t think of a team with a worse or equal Center core to the current Rangers that have ever won a cup. I just can’t imagine a spine of Zibanejad, Strome, and Chytil winning a cup. They need to not re-sign Strome this summer and wait until another Eichel or Dubois situation comes around.
Buch was traded because we couldn't afford his contract long term, and the hope was that one or both of Kakko and Laf would step up. Both have had their moments this year, but neither has grabbed the spot and really run with it, and Kakko has been out for a while now and will be out a while longer still.

The Rangers are looking for help on the wings this year. Hagel has a very cheap contract, so they could fit him in. Vatrano and Radulov are both pending UFAs, so no issue there. Kane really doesn't make any sense to me, but I have no doubt Drury is at least asking about him. I seriously doubt though that anything comes of it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I could definitely see Reunanen get moved. He is the definition of ‘blocked’. Not sure this is exactly the deal I’d do, but something like this makes sense to me.
bro you --- not the walrus --- is the eggman as far as I'm concerned.
But that aside, have to question, why give up something good for crap?
I get Reunanen is blocked to the max, that's obv, and unless we deal someone higher up creating an opening for him, we need to repurpose him into something useful. But taking on deadwood is not.
Barron + Kravstov need/deserve useful minutes, not these pretending jokers.

Zib can stay. Chytil has upside that should be blossomed, not suppressed. Strome needs to go. I am on record echoing you as to anther Dubois.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Yes, I'm active in many threads on many forums. As I've explained before, the Rangers are the metro team that is most interesting this deadline so I've been active in those threads as well.

And how was that trolling, anyway? Do other posters on here call out threads where a trade proposal clearly benefits one team and one team only, while seemingly doing nothing for the other team save give them nothing of value or players they clearly don't need?

When that stops, I'll stop but If Ignore's a feature in the new layout, feel free to use it if I bother you so much.
You’re right, your text isn’t worth reading.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00