Proposal: NYR - EDM

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
but no, we ain't get McD and you ain't getting Kreider.

McDavid: 1.23PPG
Kreider: .58PPG

McDavid has already produced 50 more points in 173 fewer games than Kreider. One is the best player in the world. The other is a solid 1st line winger who has 1 year left on his deal after this season.

Reactions: BringJordanHome

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Nevermind who the better player is or not, moving RNH in the deal for Kreider makes no sense. It's more about where the teams each stand and what they're trying to accomplish.
EDM, if they wanted to add both Kreider and Zucc would want to add them to a roster with RNH. And, I don't think NYR would be very keen on moving Kreider unless there was some massive overpayment this season. I feel like they want to continue with him being a veteran presence as the young guys develop. He's still young enough to be a part of now and future, in that regard.

If there is a deal to be made between the two for a winger, it would probably be fairly simple around Zucc and a 1st pick or prospect... maybe a slight salary off-set throw in from EDM even though they have the space to take Zucc's 4.5 in full for 1 season.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
This worse than the OP. Poink is garbage in his own zone. No interest at all.
Did you get your Pionk info from HF posters? Don't believe the nonsense. The kid is good and would be a great addition to the Oilers back end. He is young and needs to get stronger, but he is tough and playing top pairing minutes. Would you rather DeAngelo?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Did you get your Pionk info from HF posters? Don't believe the nonsense. The kid is good and would be a great addition to the Oilers back end. He is young and needs to get stronger, but he is tough and playing top pairing minutes. Would you rather DeAngelo?

I’d rather try Bouchard and or Bear next season then give up the cost for players I’m not overly interested in

Reactions: spaghtti

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
It's a no to basically any deal revolving around Zuccarello. Shop him to contending teams, because that's where he'll be going if he's dealt. We'll be lucky to make the playoffs, and Zuc is hardly going to put us over the top, and we can't afford to extend him past this season. I realize part of why you want to trade him to the Oilers because the pick will be higher in the same round compared to most other teams. But we're not so stupid as to not see through that; or at least I'm not. Or maybe you just think the Oilers would pay the most for him. There's zero basis for believing this.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
McDavid: 1.23PPG
Kreider: .58PPG

McDavid has already produced 50 more points in 173 fewer games than Kreider. One is the best player in the world. The other is a solid 1st line winger who has 1 year left on his deal after this season.

It is not, and I never said it was, a comparison between Kreider and McDavid or a rejection of an offer to swap one for the other, not that anyone suggested that.

It was simply a statement that they are not paying our price for Kreider, so they are not getting him, as certainly as we are not getting McDavid.

Kreider is theoretically available league wide for massive overpayment.
McDavid, almost without exception, is not.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
It is not, and I never said it was, a comparison between Kreider and McDavid or a rejection of an offer to swap one for the other, not that anyone suggested that.

It was simply a statement that they are not paying our price for Kreider, so they are not getting him, as certainly as we are not getting McDavid.

Kreider is theoretically available league wide for massive overpayment.
McDavid, almost without exception, is not.

I'll never understand this. What team in the NHL would make a massive overpayment for Kreider?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'll never understand this. What team in the NHL would make a massive overpayment for Kreider?

Any team that wanted him badly enough and, after doing their own internal calculation, figured they could pay enough without gutting the roster to get him, and that while there is always injury risk across the board, the likelihood of him playing 1LW would be a difference maker for a cup run.

There is no team that does not want Kreider, especially on his current deal, especially given he has blossomed.

Not every team can, or wants to, fork over enough for us to part with that.

Not sure I can say it any clearer than that.

Reactions: Vinny

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Any team that wanted him badly enough and, after doing their own internal calculation, figured they could pay enough without gutting the roster to get him, and that while there is always injury risk across the board, the likelihood of him playing 1LW would be a difference maker for a cup run.

There is no team that does not want Kreider, especially on his current deal, especially given he has blossomed.

Not every team can, or wants to, fork over enough for us to part with that.

Not sure I can say it any clearer than that.

You explained the part where teams would want him. I get that. I don't get why anyone would make a massive overpayment for a player like Kreider. I mean, we're done waiting for the breakout at this point, aren't we? We know what he is. I don't see a team giving up as much as say, Duchene got, to land Kreider.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You explained the part where teams would want him. I get that. I don't get why anyone would make a massive overpayment for a player like Kreider. I mean, we're done waiting for the breakout at this point, aren't we? We know what he is. I don't see a team giving up as much as say, Duchene got, to land Kreider.
Duchene and Kreider are not = situation, profiles.

Duchene is unarguably very talented. Is the effort there, consistently? Intensity?

Kreider understandably does not go full energy every shift, it is counterproductive. But he does usually either dominate or at least require the focus of the defense most of the time. He makes other players better. Other than Zib, he has not played with the best players.

He is elite physically gifted, he would be complementary to any elite player helping them to dominate.

There are not a lot of players like that.
Supply and demand.
Want him, have to pay for him.
Top dollar performer commands top dollar.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Despite Berns slightly disturbing infatuation with Kreider - we finally are seeing him break out. He took a step forward last season, and he’s building on it this season.

Finally.

Having said that, Kreider is still just a good 1st line LW and doesn’t hold the kind of value Bern expects. Especially when you factor he’s only signed for 1 more season after this.

Teams have acquired superior player over Kreider without gutting their roster.

Tatar was moved just last year for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. If a team really wants someone, they’ll make a stupid offer. Kreider can fetch a very good return imo, but again, nothing extraordinary like Bern envisions.

Reactions: TFHockey

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
It was simply a statement that they are not paying our price for Kreider.

Your price for Kreider differs from everyone else’s on planet earth.

He’s not an elite player. Never has been, and never will be.

But in the fairytale world you live in, his value is comparable. When it comes to Kreiders value, his very own mother would likely disagree with you

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Edmonton is taking more salary on. (No thanks)
Edmonton is giving up the best player. (No thanks)
Edmonton is picking up a pending UFA. (No thanks)

Reactions: VainGretzky

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Your price for Kreider differs from everyone else’s on planet earth.

He’s not an elite player. Never has been, and never will be.

But in the fairytale world you live in, his value is comparable. When it comes to Kreiders value, his very own mother would likely disagree with you

What would you say is Kreider's current value?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad