Proposal: NYR/Col and NYR/Van

Status
Not open for further replies.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
It's called common sense. You can't possibly look the poor talent level of the Av's defenseman and think they are good. I seem to remember the Av's having a really good season a few years back. Then they were garbage for about 3-4 years. By all means, go into the season with that defense. Good luck.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's called common sense. You can't possibly look the poor talent level of the Av's defenseman and think they are good. I seem to remember the Av's having a really good season a few years back. Then they were garbage for about 3-4 years. By all means, go into the season with that defense. Good luck.

We literally made the playoffs last year. With that Defense.

Curious as to what kind of Dman you think Brady Skjei is if the Avs defense is so awful...

Considering at least 2 of our Defenders are well ahead of Skjei with it being very likely to be 3 or 4 ahead of him by the end of this year as well.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Ah yes, we should definitely be looking at a team that ices a top 4 that consists of Marc Staal and Adam McQuaid to improve our defense.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Staal IS NOT a lot better than Girardi and is one of the worst defensemen in the league. The skates like he's stuck in quicksand, makes terrible decisions with the puck and misses his assignments more than most normal people change their underwear.

This is your biggest mistake. You overrate Staal and then try to pawn him off on Colorado with retention? Girardi is definitely bad and is masked by Tampa's offense and puck possession, but Staal is worse at this point and has a dogshit awul contract.

I wouldn't even try to pawn Staal off on anyone, anyone that's seen him play anytime recently would want a 1st with him to take that terrible deal on and if they were going to retain half on him, why not just buy him out? It's actually better for the team, being that they would get a very minimal return on him in any trade they make and they wouldn't have to give up an asset to move him.

You just did not think this out at all.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

3-4 season's compared to this season is different.

4 season's ago, the Rangers were playing the Kings in the Stanley Cup Finals. And this year? We're rebuilding.

Still waiting for your response as to why you would trade someone you feel is "A good dmen" @ 50% for just a third round pick. Explain that chestnut for me, please.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Also, I've had center ice every year since the package has come out and had access to out of market games before that. Colorado's defense was better than the Rangers last year and is WAY BETTER this year, with McDonagh being gone and you thought STAAL was going to help them? I don't know if you were being disingenuous or if you really believe this stuff.

Figgzfood

Nov 15, 2017
@tadenashnow
Are you talking about Dan Girardi the former ranger?

Edit
Thanks TBF1972

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Col gets Staal retained at 2.85
NYR get a 3rd round pick 2019

Staal had a good year last season. I think Colorado can be dangerous with a little more defense. Staal would have to agree to a deal unless the Av's are not on his limited no trade clause list. He's well worth a 3rd rounder for the Av's. Rangers can free up a spot for Hajek

Van gets Namestnikov and DeAngelo
NYR gets a second rounder in 2019

There is no room for DeAngelo in NY. Pionk is better. Shattenkirk isn't going anywhere and they just spent a first rounder on a right handed d-man. Namestnikov is a good role guy but NY has plenty of them.

Nah, wouldnt take staal for free

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado

You do realize the massive roster turnover the Avs had from opening night of the 2016-17 season to the end of the 2017-18 season right?

Nemeth isn't even a lock for the roster yet you behave as if he's the best d man on the Avs.

You keep trolling and spouting nonsense. You quite clearly know nothing about the Avs. I imagine you think Mikko Rantanen is a bust as well.

Reactions: MacBradley

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Doesnt even know what Girard is on the Avalanche. Our Girard just turned 20 years old. Just a babe in the league. Just finished his rookie year playing 17 mins a game.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Yes, I've looked at your defense. It's comical. Barrie has no clue how to play defense. Nemeth couldn't make the Stars who have no defenseman to begin with. Girard is a midget. He can't play. Defensively you were middle of the pack in GA and most of that was due to the fact you have some really good, puck possession forwards. When you look at the talent you have on defense, it's non existent and that can't be argued.

This last line still kills. Dude, keep em coming. Next you'll tell me that MacKinnon is a 40 point player and shouldn't even be in the league. Where were you this offseason when I needed the laughs?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
OP missed on these.
Staal to Avs not close.

2nd deal, we see the underlying logic, but we get more for Names/ADA separately/other deals.
Sabes are a better fit for a bigger deal.

Too biz for that now.
Perhaps nxt wk

peace out
b

Reactions: Ori

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This is everyone's chance to place the OP on ignore. All of his takes are as ignorant as this one.

Or, alternatively, given the OP's posts --- flawed they may be --- do not seem malicious and by extension do not prompt such a drastic action, it is instead a chance for all of us to vote for freedom of speech and avoid being excessively judgmental.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Or, alternatively, given the OP's posts --- flawed they may be --- do not seem malicious and by extension do not prompt such a drastic action, it is instead a chance for all of us to vote for freedom of speech and avoid being excessively judgmental.

The proposal (and more so things said about it) warrants drastic action and excessive judgement by sheer stupidity. It's a poor reflection on other Rangers fans.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
We literally made the playoffs last year. With that Defense.

Curious as to what kind of Dman you think Brady Skjei is if the Avs defense is so awful...

Considering at least 2 of our Defenders are well ahead of Skjei with it being very likely to be 3 or 4 ahead of him by the end of this year as well.
We can all agree that the OP is pretty out of touch when it comes to the Av's defense....

But please don't think you have to make comparisons to our D, or shortchange one of our guys because an obvious troll is trying to put your guys down. You all are better than that.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Didn't realize Staal was still playing? LHD the AVs already have Nemeth, Barbeiro and Cole fighting for the 4th line. At least, 1 of these player must cca

Terrible deal with 3 years @ $5.7M per remaining. Not only is his contract among the worst in the league, being 31 years old, little chance of any improvement. He was rumoured to be a buyout candidate. There is no chance any team will take this deal unless NYR adds.

Staal (50% retention) @ 3 years
2019 - 1st

for

2019 - 7th
Barberio

No chance AVs accept unless a significant return with the inclusion of their 1st.
I'm not the GM, but I don't think you're getting anywhere close to the 1st for a team doubtful to make the playoffs. You beat Ottawa. This would be like hitting the powerball twice.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We can all agree that the OP is pretty out of touch when it comes to the Av's defense....

But please don't think you have to make comparisons to our D, or shortchange one of our guys because an obvious troll is trying to put your guys down. You all are better than that.

Not shortchanging him at all. Skjei is a good young Dman with solid upside and he's one of my favorite Dmen in the league.

But everything I said was true. EJ and Barrie are certainly better then him at this stage, and its quite likely Girard jumps over him this season or next as well.

Skjei is a great young Dman though. But if the OP thinks our guys are bad then I'm curious to what he thinks of Skjei.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Col gets Staal retained at 2.85
NYR get a 3rd round pick 2019

Staal had a good year last season. I think Colorado can be dangerous with a little more defense. Staal would have to agree to a deal unless the Av's are not on his limited no trade clause list. He's well worth a 3rd rounder for the Av's. Rangers can free up a spot for Hajek

Van gets Namestnikov and DeAngelo
NYR gets a second rounder in 2019

There is no room for DeAngelo in NY. Pionk is better. Shattenkirk isn't going anywhere and they just spent a first rounder on a right handed d-man. Namestnikov is a good role guy but NY has plenty of them.

This Avs fan says, "Nope. No way."

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Rangers and Avs fans reaction to these brutal proposals. Names and Tony D for a second would be god awful asset management. Also staal is a trashcan on skates AND on an awful contract lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad