Proposal: NYR/Col and NYR/Van

Status
Not open for further replies.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Col gets Staal retained at 2.85
NYR get a 3rd round pick 2019

Staal had a good year last season. I think Colorado can be dangerous with a little more defense. Staal would have to agree to a deal unless the Av's are not on his limited no trade clause list. He's well worth a 3rd rounder for the Av's. Rangers can free up a spot for Hajek

Van gets Namestnikov and DeAngelo
NYR gets a second rounder in 2019

There is no room for DeAngelo in NY. Pionk is better. Shattenkirk isn't going anywhere and they just spent a first rounder on a right handed d-man. Namestnikov is a good role guy but NY has plenty of them.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Because your defense sucks badly. Have you actually looked at your defenseman? They aren't good. A solid vet like Staal at 2.85 will improve your defense a lot.

Have you seen our defense? It was good last year and got better this year. This isn't the same old Avs defense anymore of the 2000's.

We have:

Girard - EJ
Zadorov - Barrie
Nemeth - Cole
Barbario

Staal would not skate well enough for Bednar, but would likely be 3rd pairing or scratched.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
I still don't think Barrie knows where the defensive zone is without looking at a map. LOL

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Yes, I've looked at your defense. It's comical. Barrie has no clue how to play defense. Nemeth couldn't make the Stars who have no defenseman to begin with. Girard is a midget. He can't play. Defensively you were middle of the pack in GA and most of that was due to the fact you have some really good, puck possession forwards. When you look at the talent you have on defense, it's non existent and that can't be argued.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Because your defense sucks badly. Have you actually looked at your defenseman? They aren't good. A solid vet like Staal at 2.85 will improve your defense a lot.

You must be a hit at parties.

Staal does not improve the Avs D. Staal sucks. He's terrible and even at a discounted price, he's not someone teams are going to want to add.

The other offer of Names and ADA for a 2nd is downright atrocious. Terrible asset management.

epicstandoff.gif

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
both proposals seem underwhelming for the rangers

Not really. Moving Staal frees up a spot for Hajek or Lindgren which is smart for a rebuilding team. Dumping DeAngelo is no big deal because the right side will be Shattenkirk, Pionk and Lundkvist when the latter is ready. Namestnikov is just taking up a roster spot from a kid who is more talented.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Staal had a good year last season. I think Colorado can be dangerous with a little more defense. Staal would have to agree to a deal unless the Av's are not on his limited no trade clause list. He's well worth a 3rd rounder for the Av's. Rangers can free up a spot for Hajek

Nah. Don’t see him wanting to waive for Colorado, nor do I think the Avs have interest.

Girard - Johnson
Zadorov - Barrie
Nemeth - Cole
Barberio

Then the three headed prospect monster of Makar/Timmins/Meloche.

Avs need a second line scorer.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Staal had a very good season. Honestly, you can't listen to any Rangers fan about their defenseman. If a Rangers defenseman has one or two turnovers, according to the Rangers fan base he sucks. Staal was tied for the highest plus on the team last year at plus 11. That with a team that quit on their coach and his moronic defensive system. Staal can still play

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
I can tell you this. Girardi played for the Lightning last year and Staal is a hell of a lot better at this point of his career than Girardi is.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Staal had a very good season. Honestly, you can't listen to any Rangers fan about their defenseman. If a Rangers defenseman has one or two turnovers, according to the Rangers fan base he sucks. Staal was tied for the highest plus on the team last year at plus 11. That with a team that quit on their coach and his moronic defensive system. Staal can still play

We can't listen to ANY Rangers fans about their defenseman but we should listen to you about Colorado's, that you clearly don't know because you had to check them.

I'm curious, you're a fan of what team?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

Van gets Namestnikov and DeAngelo
NYR gets a second rounder in 2019

There is no room for DeAngelo in NY. Pionk is better. Shattenkirk isn't going anywhere and they just spent a first rounder on a right handed d-man. Namestnikov is a good role guy but NY has plenty of them.
That second deal is awful for NYR.

Then to the first deal. No team probably want Staal unless NYR retain a lot but he also has a full NMC which will make it hard for them to move him. I dont really think many team will give much for Staal at 50% retained anyway. Many options out there that are as good imo which they can sign for free.

Reactions: haveandare

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I can tell you this. Girardi played for the Lightning last year and Staal is a hell of a lot better at this point of his career than Girardi is.
Both players are no longer suited for the NHL. They're collapsing dmen who have no offensive abilities to their game. They can't transition. And neither can handle the puck. And they skate like ****.

I don't think you actually watch hockey based on the expert analysis you keep discharging on these boards.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Not really. Moving Staal frees up a spot for Hajek or Lindgren which is smart for a rebuilding team. Dumping DeAngelo is no big deal because the right side will be Shattenkirk, Pionk and Lundkvist when the latter is ready. Namestnikov is just taking up a roster spot from a kid who is more talented.
what you just typed has nothing to do with whether the proposals are underwhelming or not.

the rangers could probably get a 2nd round pick for staal. draft picks aren't all that valuable to general managers as they are to lots of people on hf, and a team will probably be desperate for additional depth at an affordable cost.

namestnikov and deangelo could probably net a mid to late 1st. vladislav produced 40 points this season and he is under control for a few more seasons. deangelo seems like a reclamation project that helps the overall value of this package.

Reactions: haveandare

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Perhaps the OP should have just titled the thread "Why Colorado's defense sucks," and worked off of that premise.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Yes, I've looked at your defense. It's comical. Barrie has no clue how to play defense. Nemeth couldn't make the Stars who have no defenseman to begin with. Girard is a midget. He can't play. Defensively you were middle of the pack in GA and most of that was due to the fact you have some really good, puck possession forwards. When you look at the talent you have on defense, it's non existent and that can't be argued.

If the purpose of this thread was to prove how little you know, I award you full marks. I'm guessing you probably watch two Avs games a year? Your opinions are outdated, and your rhetoric is just a collection of boring and ignorant buzzwords and narratives.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
If the purpose of this thread was to prove how little you know, I award you full marks. I'm guessing you probably watch two Avs games a year? Your opinions are outdated, and your rhetoric is just a collection of boring and ignorant buzzwords and narratives.

He doesn't even watch 2 Rangers games a year, so I'm pretty certain he hasn't watched any Avs games. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->