Confirmed with Link: NYR claim Cody McLeod

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You know what? GOOD

This team is a runny bowl of vanilla ice cream. We need a veteran voice in the lockerroom and some jam on the ice. This team shows zero edge.

I like it. Send Lettieri and holland back to Hartford. Holland can’t skate at the nhl level.

Hayes and McLeod come in.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I wonder if Jared Boll is available.

If they are going to do this I want them to do it right.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Oh no its the end of the world we claimed a depth guy while dealing with injuries
McLeod does one thing, and that is fighting... I'd say that a buffalo that'll put us on the PK even more than we already are is not going to be what we are looking for. Yes, he is a veteran, and i am sure that he'll have "pearls of wisdom" to impart on our younger players... but this could hurt us far more than inserting a "career AHL'er".

On the other hand, its probably great news for the people wanting us to tank.

Some stats :

Last 3 seasons combined : 82 games played, 6 goals and 2 assists for 8 points, -3 (for the people keeping track of that), and 217 Penalty minutes.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
McLeod does one thing, and that is fighting... I'd say that a buffalo that'll put us on the PK even more than we already are is not going to be what we are looking for. Yes, he is a veteran, and i am sure that he'll have "pearls of wisdom" to impart on our younger players... but this could hurt us far more than inserting a "career AHL'er".

On the other hand, its probably great news for the people wanting us to tank.

Some stats :

Last 3 seasons combined : 82 games played, 6 goals and 2 assists for 8 points, -3 (for the people keeping track of that), and 217 Penalty minutes.

I'm not debating that, but literally the 2nd post in the thread is calling to fire Gorton. Over a waiver claim. That's a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: Kovalev27

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
LMFAO!!

But on a serious note..You can't have teams running our players and at least he won't hurt you too bad defensively.

Reactions: leetch99

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Doesn't bother me as much as it does most people. Let's face it this teams a train wreck so why bother getting mad at this move got the guy for free.

Reactions: TheTakedown

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Is he supposed to be in the lineup tonight?
If so then I'm gonna have to stay up for this.
#ThursdayNightFights!
Wooo!!!
:hit:

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
We have been playing guys who don't belong in the NHL all season and at this point there are several who you could argue aren't NHL ready. Mcleod isn't a good answer, like... at all, but at least he is an established NHL player who I incidentally believe to be better than Glass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad