Proposal: NYR-CGY

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
You want the Flames to add to a Hamonic-Kreider deal???

It is bad enough for the Flames straight up no chance we are adding as well.
You’re saying Hamonic for Kreider is bad for the Flames..? And yes I’m serious, even if Valimaki was added I’d still say no

Reactions: haveandare

marciiauzii

Nov 15, 2012
Latvia
No, it actually doesn't for the Rangers.

They have so many forwards in the organization right now and would rather see what they have in Chytil and Andersson before trading a 1st for Sam Bennett.

So no, it doesn't make sense at all. A young defender with top-4 potential at the least makes a hell of a lot more sense.

First, we need to get rid of AV to even consider getting another young dman. How many of those have we had that are not working out? McIlrath, Graves, DeAngelo all were supposed to be NHL regulars, especially ADA but it's not gonna happen while he is here.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You’re saying Hamonic for Kreider is bad for the Flames..? And yes I’m serious, even if Valimaki was added I’d still say no

Yes, Kreider for Hamonic is a bad deal for the Flames. Wouldnt do Valimaki for Kreider either.

Soon chance I want any part of both of them for Kreider.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Zuccarello and (Tampa or Boston) pick for Bennett and Fox probably makes sense as a base.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yes, Kreider for Hamonic is a bad deal for the Flames. Wouldnt do Valimaki for Kreider either.

Soon chance I want any part of both of them for Kreider.
I wouldn't even think of trading Kreider for Hamonic personally. No to that 100 times out of 100. Valimaki is interesting but I have no interest in moving Kreider for a maybe d-man like that. Kreider is probably our best forward and a tremendous asset to our team.

Reactions: bl02

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
First, we need to get rid of AV to even consider getting another young dman. How many of those have we had that are not working out? McIlrath, Graves, DeAngelo all were supposed to be NHL regulars, especially ADA but it's not gonna happen while he is here.

You had me until you mentioned McIlrath and Graves.

McIlrath was a horrible pick, probably the second worst draft pick in Ranger history and Graves had a good year in the AHL and although I know they were high on him, I don't think he ever had the potential to be a legit NHL defender.

Hajek and Lindgren are better prospects than almost all of the defensive prospects we have. Day was really the one prospect the Rangers had on defense that there has been any hope for.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Zucc for Bennett and Fox straight up is a fine deal. Not adding that first
It's really not. Zuccarello isn a rental and coming off a down season. Bennett is still only 21 and may be a change of scene guy. Fox is probably worth close to a late first on his own as well. in a word I word say this is "fair"

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
That’s not the point. There are multiple NHLers that come out of the late-first round every single year, often players better than Bennett has shown himself to be. Before 2017, the Rangers’ last first-rounder was Brady Skjei in 2012, 28th OA. I know that the chances of the Boston or Tampa picks being the next Pastrnak or Kuznetsov or Rackell are slim-to-none, but I’d rather take that chance than give it away along with other pieces for Bennett.
Agreed. I would still look at fox for a late 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad