GDT: NYR @ BUF 7pm EST TV: MSG Radio WGR - We are back!

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
you know what they look liike? a team that had a bad night
Sure, but this is the only game I can comment on. This may be a flash in the pan, or it could be a foreshadowing sort of game. We will see where they take it. But I’ve seen this game too many times these past few seasons.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Wish I could pin that all on him but Cozens was a tire fire all on his own. *shrug* Maybe it helps to swap them around but Dylan's anal-cranial inversion tonight didn't help. But this spectacularly bad.
well..one guy has had a couple good years in a row while the other has torpedoed every single line he is on. It is a tough one.

Reactions: Fjordy

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

That tweet is nice reminder why I’m not a fan of Sabres twitter.

For starters its not true.

-VO was 6th in 5v5 ice time and 5th in ES.
-VO had an 5v5 on ice xGF of .13 and right near the .15 Cozens had. Which should be expected since they were linemates and thats not an individual stat.EDIT: Obviously it sucks for both.

It’s just the usual attack on a whipping boy that Sabres twitter thrives on. One where they count on their followers to bite on their disingenuous framing.

I’m not fan of VO but he was hardly the issue tonight. Start with our top guys not getting it done at all. I’d don’t think VO mattered one way or the other.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20231012_220928.jpg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

-VO had an on ice xGF of .13 and right near the .15 Cozens had. Which should be expected since they were linemates and thats not an individual stat.EDIT: Obviously it sucks for both.

It’s just the usual attack on a whipping boy that Sabres twitter thrives on. One where they count on their followers to bite on their disingenuous framing.

I’m not fan of VO but he was hardly the issue tonight. Start with our top guys not getting it done at all. I’d don’t think VO playing mattered one way or the other.

Thanks. I didn't think Vic was passenger quality tonight - he was actually trying to be involved. *shrug* Maybe they pull him out. It doesn't shuffle that Thompson's line couldn't generate much sustained pressure or that while I like Mitts line, they didn't generate much either. The Rangers played an excellent road game in Lavvy's boring ass system. They took away almost everything with their shot blocking but they regularly had four guys in the slot to take away pass across. It was impressive.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
'Damn we really played our asses off for these guys?' - The Rangers probably on the way to the dressing room

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

-VO had an 5v5 on ice xGF of .13 and right near the .15 Cozens had. Which should be expected since they were linemates and thats not an individual stat.EDIT: Obviously it sucks for both.

I’m not fan of VO but he was hardly the issue tonight. Start with our top guys not getting it done at all. I’d don’t think VO mattered one way or the other.
LMAO! For starters it is true.

That tweet was from during the game. You’re comparing it to the stats from the end of the game.

You understand the difference between .08 and .13 xGF is like 1 shot on goal right?

And the difference between Olofsson being 4th or 5th among Sabres forwards at EV Toi was 3 seconds?

Pretty easy for someone’s xGF to go up by .05 and their EV Toi to change by 3 seconds over a single shift, let alone the final 10 minutes of the period from when the tweet was posted.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
if its that easy is it evcen a rele
LMAO! For starters it is true.

That tweet was from during the game. You’re comparing it to the stats from the end of the game.

You understand the difference between .08 and .13 xGF is like 1 shot on goal right?

And the difference between Olofsson being 4th or 5th among Sabres forwards at EV Toi was 3 seconds?

Pretty easy for someone’s xGF to go up by .05 and their EV Toi to change by 3 seconds over a single shift, let alone the final 10 minutes of the period from when the tweet was posted.
if its that easy is it even a relevant number then?

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Hi. Sorry not scrolling from the beginning. This is a heartbreaking loss after such a beautiful day from the weather to the afternoon festivities. All the RJ celebrations and lastly to the on ice appearance of RJ's family. Tears were shed once again.

Then the game. What a disgrace. I get it's only a game. I get all the emotions everyone including all the players were feeling. So ok, you get some slack for that. Where the hell was our first line? All night. A couple of plays sure. Nothing great. Tage looked like he was still hurt from last year and that just cant be.

Lastly, seeing Peca on the visitor bench just really, really pisses me off in ways I can't mention.

I will do all I can to forget this game and keep all the positive vibes I've got for this team. And this season.
Wherever we're on to, we're on to the next game. See you Saturday I think.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
if its that easy is it evcen a rele

if its that easy is it even a relevant number then?
That’s like saying shots on goal or shot attempts aren’t a relevant number.

xGF is literally just shots on goal but with the angle of the shot and distance from the net taken into account against “average” goal tending. It’s not particularly accurate at predicting the precise number of goals, but it does give you a good idea of the general quality and quantity of shots generated.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
He’s had the exact effect on Cozens he had on Mittelstadt and Tage when paired with them.
I respect you, but Cozens was ass all preseason and he was ass tonight. I simply cannot put that squarely on Olofsson. That’s said, these lines were among Granato’s worst, and I can’t believe he didn’t shake them up.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Rangers wanted it more and it wasn’t even close. Pathetic effort. Out coaches and out classed. Still too much dead weight on this roster. KA didn’t do enough.
I have to agree , especially in front of home crowd . I think the dead weight did well , oloffson etc.

The sabres couldn't handle the 1 3 1 defensive structure , they'll see it a lot more if they keep getting behind or not figuring it out. Too early to Make any judgement. They hit well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad