Confirmed Trade: [NYR/BOS] Rick Nash (50% ret.) for Lindgren, Spooner, Beleskey (50% ret.), 2018 1st, 2019 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
As a leaf fan I don’t want Boston to get any better haha, but I’m glad Nash is leaving rangers. Good trade

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Lol at everyone saying Nash doesn’t fetch this
Lindgren is real good I’d be extremely happy with this. Don’t the Bruins have 9 D? I think McQuaid will be tossed in and he’s a healthy scratch tonight

Reactions: Richard Banger

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Pretty standard return for a guy like Nash.

Sekera got a higher 1st (was 21st pick) and McKeown (prior 2nd round pick), Staal got two 2nds and Saarela.

A late 1st and a decent prospect is about what I would have expected as far as the main part of the deal goes. Will see what the other elements are though. Good move for both teams.

And now the Nash brothers finally get to play together. :sarcasm:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
As much as i'm against moving JVR....i would consider it....

Stand pat. You guys have a good thing going right now. You never know, you guys could stay red hot and make a run. Worse case scenario, your young guys will get a little bit of playoff experience and that cannot be bought with draft picks. Consider JVR to be your in-house rental.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Lindgren is a good player so this is a tiny bit of a bummer, would have liked to see what he could do in the spoked B, but you have to like Sweeney going for a big fish in a year the Bruins could actually win a cup with the main core not getting any younger...

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Your move, Tampa.

Is Rick Nash really a move you have to retaliate against? He's got 28 points. It's not 2009 anymore. A player like Zach Hyman produces way more on ES without any PP time.

Both Leaf "rentals" JvR and Bozak have better possession numbers and ~20 more points than Nash over the last two years.

It's not 2009 anymore. Rick Nash is a third line winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad