Confirmed Trade: [NYR/BOS] Rick Nash (50% ret.) for Lindgren, Spooner, Beleskey (50% ret.), 2018 1st, 2019 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Spooner, two picks, a prospect for a 35 point winger who got injured.

Yeah, not a good deal at all.

I didn’t think it was at the time (I think Spooner alone would have been fair) but add in the injury and it’s been a disaster for Boston

Playoffs are the only thing that matter.

I don't miss Spooner, absolutely no room for him on the roster but I still think they paid too much to get rid of 50% of Beleskey.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
First point is that injuries happen, doesn't take away from any the deal was made at the time. Second point is the trade should be judged after its intended goal has been played out. Let's wait to see how he fares in the playoffs. Third point is the Bruins have drafted so well and have so many kids in the pipeline that what they gave up is just a drop in the bucket. This trade is a minor deal for Boston, let's not get too out of sorts if it fails. Boston needed someone with size and skill, Sweeney made the right deal and we got rid of half of Beleskey's contract.

I totally agree that we need to see how he does in the playoffs. Which is why I said that maybe he becomes a force in the playoffs and it works out. I'm speaking up to the now. And as of now, it's hard to call it a win.

I'm not trying to bash Boston or anything. The deal is similar to the Leafs deal at the deadline.

As of now, neither looks good, but it comes down to the players playoff preformances, as that is the main reason Nash and Plekanec were brought in.

I think we can find common ground and agree on that, at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad